The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

23 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

How long have you been an Aberdeen fan? We are by default glass half full. 

A long bloody time, and I think you mean we are by default glass half empty. I’m the only Dons fan with, generally, a glass half full mentality. 

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

A long bloody time, and I think you mean we are by default glass half empty. I’m the only Dons fan with, generally, a glass half full mentality. 

Aye, but ye bide in Montrose...

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Aye, that was what I meant. We are a miserable bunch. With a lot to be miserable about, to be fair.

5 hours ago, kingjoey said:

A bloody long time actually time teaches you that it doesn't matter if it's a glass half empty/full, as long as the bottle's there to top it up (even if on occasion the bottle turns out to be a bit flat/corked/very cheap blend).

35 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Quote from Jim in the Scotsman

"We have five very good central midfielders now in the two new ones, [Connor] Barron, Clarkson and [Ylber] Ramadani." 

Looks like McCrorie is definitely a defender then. 

I can assure you McCrorie is no defender 

54 minutes ago, coprolite said:

He could be, maybe, if he gets to learn a position. And he's currently our first choice RB. He's good enough there in games where he doesn't have much to defend. 

Feel a bit for him that he’s almost mid 20s and not nailed down a permanent position. He can look good when he goes on a driving run from deep but these never actually amount to goal or even chance creation 

For meeting each other yesterday, Shinnie and Ramadani look promising as a partnership.

Kennedy grafts but offered little going forward. Twice a ball was played to where he should be. Instead he's wanting to get the ball in front of the defender then run across the pitch.

Hayes came on and looked poor. No wonder Duncan wants away.

Our support this season has been fantastic. Must give credit to the ultras group as they kept going all game, once again.

Don't think there's been many times in recent history where we would have got 14k after a run of 5 games without a win. 

Averaging over 15k and consistently taking over 1k to away games despite all the travelling we've got to do. 

13k off to Hampden next week too.

Love our support.

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

For meeting each other yesterday, Shinnie and Ramadani look promising as a partnership.

Kennedy grafts but offered little going forward. Twice a ball was played to where he should be. Instead he's wanting to get the ball in front of the defender then run across the pitch.

Hayes came on and looked poor. No wonder Duncan wants away.

Hayes is coming to the end of his career so it's not really a surprise he's not as effective anymore.

I would like to see us sign a left sided winger as we seem to have a number of right sided ones and as today showed we are much more potent with Duk through the middle than out wide.

2 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

Hayes is coming to the end of his career so it's not really a surprise he's not as effective anymore.

I would like to see us sign a left sided winger as we seem to have a number of right sided ones and as today showed we are much more potent with Duk through the middle than out wide.

I’d like us to give Ryan Duncan a go there, aye for more than one match, when I see the likes of Kennedy getting start after start and delivering nothing I’d be pissed off if I was Duncan 

I would start Duk through the middle at Hampden, with Miovski on the bench. I can't see it happening, but the latter is out-of-form and seems to struggle more in games where we don't have the majority of possession. It would allow us to get another body behind Duk, too. Clarkson is probably nailed-on, and then two from Hayes, Kennedy and Besuijen either side. 

A midfield 3 of shinnie, ramadani and clarkson ‘should’ be about as close as we’ve been for years to having the balance of aggression, impetus, ability to retain possession and creativity that we’ve had since shinnie, jack, McLean/Christie. Hopefully myslovic can add to that. 

Id be dropping miovski next week too. 

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

A midfield 3 of shinnie, ramadani and clarkson ‘should’ be about as close as we’ve been for years to having the balance of aggression, impetus, ability to retain possession and creativity that we’ve had since shinnie, jack, McLean/Christie. Hopefully myslovic can add to that. 

Id be dropping miovski next week too. 

Clarkson was good today. Work to do positioning wise but far less wasteful.

Ramadani was class IMO. Shinnie was very good.