The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Goodwin then…?

Im still very bitter that he actually chose to play like that against Celtic but his record really isn’t that good and no better than glass 

I've got the feeling it's the beginning of what, hopefully, won't be a long goodbye. 

It won't be long until the players chuck if they know the supporters don't want him and he starts getting criticised in the media.

The cup matches against Sevco and Darvel loom on the horizon, Jim needs a couple of wins out of Killie away, Ross Co and St Johnstone at home to try and make the supporters forget a dismal week.

Whatever happens in the short-term though, I don't think Goodwin will be Aberdeen manager this time next year.

As you say, he's Glass marque II but Goodwin had a better squad at his disposal and had more funds available to him.

He also needs to be man enough to accept he's wrong and drop Stewart. 

I suppose we'll get a glimpse of how Cormack feels about him in the January window.

EDIT: Actually at the end of January he has:

Sevco at Hampden

Hearts away

Darvel away

Hibs away

So the quicker he gets some wins the better I think...

Edited by Bogbrush1903

Goodwin then…?

Im still very bitter that he actually chose to play like that against Celtic but his record really isn’t that good and no better than glass 

We’ve lost 50% of our league matches. 
Entirely unacceptable. 

The fact we’re third only emphasises how piss poor the league is. 

I was for giving Goodwin the January window… but now I’m not sure I want to see more Roos, Richardson, Stewart & Morris type signings. 

I don’t know who I’d want, I just don’t think Goodwin has what it takes. 

Goodwin then…?

He nearly pulled it off tbf, after the game at Ibrox earlier he was never going to go crazy.

Goodwin said it would be easy to sort the defence. He has now failed with ‘someone else’s’ and ‘his own’ players to sort it. 

No smoke without fire and it sounds like he isn’t a great man manager falling out with players and offering no way back.

I don’t think he will get us better than scraping into the top half.

A big problem for me, is another sacking starts to make the club look like a poisoned chalice. Goodwin won’t walk. 

3 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

That’s 1 way to look at it. An alternative is that everyone else in the stadium knew Celtic would score at some point.

2 of his defeats came from late goals against teams with larger budgets. 

The St Mirren game is where he should be getting stick.

10 minutes ago, bennett said:

2 of his defeats came from late goals against teams with larger budgets. 

The St Mirren game is where he should be getting stick.

Agree with that to an extent regarding the Celtic game, but the Sevco game was a huge opportunity wasted as they aren’t at their best.

St Mirren result isn’t a surprise, the away form is really poor and will be his undoing shortly unless it changes dramatically. 

43 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Doesn't sound like a sacking is on the cards.

Hmmm, it didn't sound like a sacking was imminent when he defended Glass on Radio Scotland but I think Glass lasted another three months tops.

Results will dictate whether Goodwin is fired or not. I feel like I'm constantly saying this, but an Aberdeen manager has a big month coming up.

I fear the worse for him but let's see what he and his team can do to galvanise the side.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

6 hours ago, Afc69 said:

Cormack doesn’t have a clue. He’s the big problem here. The club has lurched since he came back to the club.

It really isn’t rocket science.

I think that’s unfair and quite simplistic. 

God knows he regularly pisses me off and he has his flaws, but since his return we’ve seen a lot of investment in the club, a new training ground, the red shed, a fundamental shift in how we do recruitment which I have no doubt is better than where we were before. 

He’s made a lot of mistakes too, don’t get me wrong but the idea that we’ve just lurched since his return is not a fair assessment. 

9 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Hmmm, it didn't sound like a sacking was imminent when he defended Glass on Radio Scotland but I think Glass lasted another three months tops.

Results will dictate whether Goodwin is fired or not. I feel like I'm constantly saying this, but an Aberdeen manager has a big month coming up.

I fear the worse for him but let's see what he and his team can do to galvanise the side.

Likely defeats at Hearts and Hibs. Certain defeat in the Semi Final and who knows what to expect from the trips to Killie and Darvel.

Goodwin will be doing well to still have the fans onside on February 1