The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, Don exotic said:

Actually teams like Brechin are literally the problem with Scottish football. Still taking hundreds of thousands in parachute payments, yet no player development.

These clubs should be out of the league structure with the money being spent on improving the infrastructure for community sports including youth football.

Brechin are out of the (national) league structure.

I can't find the figure but "hundreds of thousands in parachute payments" is wrong.

Edited by Jacksgranda

3 hours ago, Don exotic said:

Actually teams like Brechin are literally the problem with Scottish football. Still taking hundreds of thousands in parachute payments, yet no player development.

These clubs should be out of the league structure with the money being spent on improving the infrastructure for community sports including youth football.

Blaming Brechin City for Aberdeen's continuing lack of bottle and even greater lack of ambition in appointing tinpot managers is fucking tremendous chat btw. Please, keep it coming. 

😂

8 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Looking at your team that day, aside from Beni, Devlin, Halkett, and Rowles (the latter two aren't even that good),

The first one has lost 1 of his last 39 games against non-OF opposition and the other just played every minute of 4 games at the World Cup (keeping 2 clean sheets) and was man of the match in the play-off against Peru. What counts as a good defender in this league? Add Boyce and it's the spine of the team. Ginnelly and Smith/Atkinson would have started too and Halliday came off injured after 10 minutes. That was probably the nadir of our injury issues this season.

I think we're in a decent spot but Aberdeen and others are too and have the opportunity to strengthen in January. There's a couple of issues I'd like us to address in January before I'd be confident of 3rd.

2 minutes ago, DC92 said:

The first one has lost 1 of his last 39 games against non-OF opposition and the other just played every minute of 4 games at the World Cup (keeping 2 clean sheets) and was man of the match in the play-off against Peru. What counts as a good defender in this league? Add Boyce and it's the spine of the team. Ginnelly and Smith/Atkinson would have started too and Halliday came off injured after 10 minutes. That was probably the nadir of our injury issues this season.

I think we're in a decent spot but Aberdeen and others are too and have the opportunity to strengthen in January. There's a couple of issues I'd like us to address in January before I'd be confident of 3rd.

You've no future on this board with sensible posts like that.

Needs lessons from @VincentGuerin, imho.

6 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

You've no future on this board with sensible posts like that.

Needs lessons from @VincentGuerin, imho.

4 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

Exactly what I was away to type Jack

Great minds and a' that 😉

I said more or less the same thing as my honourable friend.

Aberdeen do have a chance of third, but I don't think it's a particularly good chance from where things stand. Unless they spend again, of course. He seems to rate your chances a little higher than me, but that's it.

I don't think it's un-sensible to point out that Aberdeen (and Goodwin) have had a very fair wind so far this season. I'd be disappointed to have made so little of it.

44 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Absolute NAP @Don exotic is one of those fans who hates how entitled Rangers fans act, while simultaneously writing lower league clubs off as nothing more than money drains.

Indeed a spectacular (but sadly all too common) lack of self awareness.

The following (from Thenorthernlight a page or two back) could easily be taken from almost any comments section relating to a Rangers (or Celtic) match in which a 'diddy' has had the audacity to get involved.  Normally it just finishes with "beat it" or "do one", but "F*** off" is top drawer.  

You support Brechin Aberdeen.

Your opinion is irrelevant.

F**k off. 

Edited by Hedgecutter

4 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I said more or less the same thing as my honourable friend.

Aberdeen do have a chance of third, but I don't think it's a particularly good chance from where things stand. Unless they spend again, of course. He seems to rate your chances a little higher than me, but that's it.

I don't think it's un-sensible to point out that Aberdeen (and Goodwin) have had a very fair wind so far this season. I'd be disappointed to have made so little of it.

See the source image

5 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Indeed a spectacular (but sadly all too common) lack of self awareness.

The following (from Thenorthernlight a page or two back) could easily be taken from almost any comments section relating to a Rangers (or Celtic) match in which a 'diddy' has had the audacity to get involved.  Normally it just finishes with "beat it" or "do one", but "F*** off" is top drawer.  

If you come onto another teams thread, on the attack. Don’t be surprised when you get some folk telling you where to go….

Not sure what is surprising you about this. 

11 hours ago, kingjoey said:

And what is wrong with Morelos? His team have just scored a 97th minute winner and the whole team are celebrating, but all he can do is walk slowly along in front of the RDS scowling and making gestures to the stand, which was eventually spotted by Collum and the strange fellow got his yellow.

Duk (and the others) ran straight to the Rangers fans when he scored. Let's be balanced, fans love it when their player noises up the opposition fans, not so much when they are on the receiving end.

Edited by AJF

1 minute ago, AJF said:

Duk (and the others) ran straight to the Rangers fans when he scored. Let's be balanced, fans love it when their player noises up the opposition fans, not so much when they are on the receiving end.

Now I’m sober, I have no problem with players winding fans up. The games too sanitised. 

Fucking Brechin holding Scottish football back being given hundreds if thousands of pounds (a thing that definitely, definitely happened). Should be chucked out of the leagues (which they're definitely, definitely still in and not playing in the Highland League).

Aberdeen should be allowed a B team to replace such diddies and develop loads of young talent that will take them back to European glory and take Scotland to the latter stages of the world cup. Also, Aberdeen should be given the hundreds of thousands of pounds that was definitely, definitely given to Brechin, and that will absolutely somehow stop Goodwin shitting himself again certain teams and erase his conditioning that he must show massively over the top 'respect' to said clubs.

Fucking Brechin. 

Edited by DA Baracus

57 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Our next four fixtures before we play the '3rd force' are away to St Mirren, away to Killie, home to County and home to St J. Could be 12 points could be 2. Who knows?

Hearts have a similar run, go to Utd and St J, home to Hibs and home and away against St Mirren. Could be 15 points, could be 3. Who knows? 

Other than the league cup draw being kind, I don't know how you can say we have had a 'fair wind'. I was of the view that we played the same teams as Hearts over the course of a league season but clearly Hearts have had it tougher. As has been pointed out to you, you have a massive squad which is aging, if you can't get a good enough team on the park due to masses of injuries then there is no-one to blame but yourselves. As has also been pointed out, we've been there with signing aging/crocked players and managed to come out the other side. The fact we have recruited better and not had injuries does not constitute a 'fair wind', rather a good policy. Hearts are evens to finish 3rd, the Dons are 2/1, I know what constitutes value out of the two. 

Edited by 10menwent2mow

40 minutes ago, DC92 said:

I think Hearts currently have the strongest squad of those competing for third and are currently favourites to achieve that. You'll likely strengthen in January. Aberdeen look set to bring in a few players in defence. Hibs aren't as bad as their league position implies and are still capable of finishing top 3/4. Both Livingston and St Johnstone have shown they can challenge for top 4 too. I suspect it'll be decided in the closing fixtures of the season.