The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

19 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Barron looked promising last season but has regressed big time under Goodwin. What's going on there!?

Did he? I only watched the second half but he looked one of your better players?

As an aside, is Clarkson Scottish? I didn't realise you only had him on loan.

Just now, Alert Mongoose said:

Did he? I only watched the second half but he looked one of your better players?

As an aside, is Clarkson Scottish? I didn't realise you only had him on loan.

Barron first half wasn't at his best - not many were. Second half he was much improved. However if you saw him last season compared to the majority of matches this season, you too would be questioning what's happened to him. He's a great talent but I don't believe Goodwin is currently utilizing Barron to the best of his abilities. He's far better than his performances have shown this season.

5 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

That’s Goodwin done I’m afraid 

The fans will never forgive him for that 

Shame 

I like him but I don’t think he’s the answer anymore and it will be a very steep uphill battle for him to ever get the fans onside again 

I'm trying to avoid being in the Goodwin out camp but I agree with everything else you have said there. He's lost the fans this week.

Saturday was utter shitebag behaviour but it didn't annoy me greatly, I felt deflated more than anything.

Tonight is a lot worse for me for Goodwin. To be 2-1 up and to lose all attacking momentum with that triple sub is utterly self defeating. Having seen us lose a late goal on Saturday, to switch to sitting back with our defence and fail to learn is beyond belief.

I got Saturday. I didn't agree with it but I got what he was trying to achieve. I don't get that tonight, I really don't understand what the subs were ever going to achieve.

4 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

That’s Goodwin done I’m afraid 

The fans will never forgive him for that 

Shame 

I like him but I don’t think he’s the answer anymore and it will be a very steep uphill battle for him to ever get the fans onside again 

I don't think Goodwin is done by any means. He's a young manager whose still learning. 

We are third in the league and in a cup semi final. Compared to last season that is a fair improvement in a relatively short period of time. He's only had one transfer window to date. He needs to improve the squad once again in the January transfer window. Defence should be the focus and a centre mid.

We need to bounce backhand move on from this week and see where that takes us.

I may have a bit of knee jerk reaction here, time will tell. However, Goodwin and go and f**k himself into the sea. **** are weak at the back but strong in midfield and upfront. We are getting wired into them and decide to abandon the successful strategy for the same negative shite that got is fuxk all at the weekend. 
thanks Jim, xmas ruined ya negative small team minded inferiority complexed c**t.

7 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

We are third in the league and in a cup semi final.

This is factually correct, but there are two teams with games in hand below you who could send you fifth by winning winnable games. And the League Cup run has essentially been a bye so far (even though they did their best to get knocked out by Annan).

He'll be gone soon.

Edited by VincentGuerin

Struggling to remember a post-match when I emerged from Pittodrie more despondent than tonight. I mean, there are bad ways to lose a game - and then there's that. The draw would have been very disappointing given how long we were in the lead, but to lose it is unforgiveable. That wasn't even anything approaching a good Rangers team, which makes it even worse. 

I have praised Roos on here, but the equaliser is on him. Then the winner is pure amateur hour stuff all round. 

I don't even know what else to say. Seeing their players giving it to the RDS at full-time was just gutting. 

Edited by DrewDon

Just now, DrewDon said:

Struggling to remember a post-match when I emerged from Pittodrie more despondent than tonight. I mean, there are bad ways to lose a game - and then there's that. The draw would have been very disappointing given how long we were in the lead, but to lose it is unforgiveable. That wasn't even anything approaching a good Rangers team, which makes it even worse. 

I have praised Roos on here, but the equaliser is on him. Then the winner is pure amateur hour stuff all round. 

I don't even know what else to say. Seeing their players giving it to the RDS at full-time was just gutting. 

And this is why it’s unforgivable 

I honestly couldn’t give a bollocks if we’re sitting 3rd right now above a patchy Hearts, an abhorrent Hibs and Livingston ffs 

Thats the bare minimum we should expect and we should’ve picked up a hell of a lot more points at this stage of the season than we have 

The LC semi is a red herring, we’ve beat absolutely nobody to be there and Sevco will roll us over at Hampden 

Can’t wait :rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Tonight is a lot worse for me for Goodwin. To be 2-1 up and to lose all attacking momentum with that triple sub is utterly self defeating. Having seen us lose a late goal on Saturday, to switch to sitting back with our defence and fail to learn is beyond belief.

I got Saturday. I didn't agree with it but I got what he was trying to achieve. I don't get that tonight, I really don't understand what the subs were ever going to achieve.

I think the idea was that Watkins is clever and would get fouls to get the team up the pitch and Morris would have the movement to pin them back. This really didn't work as neither got us up the park and Watkins in particular made far too little effort to close them down for a man only on for 25mins. If we play our 2 strikers to start we need a better third option to come on. Obviously we need another centre back first. I thought Richardson did well going forward today.

36 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Barron first half wasn't at his best - not many were. Second half he was much improved. However if you saw him last season compared to the majority of matches this season, you too would be questioning what's happened to him. He's a great talent but I don't believe Goodwin is currently utilizing Barron to the best of his abilities. He's far better than his performances have shown this season.

This red Barron defo an imposter 

21 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Sums up how I felt leaving Pittodrie tonight. I mean, as always, people will defend the manager and his tactics but that was a kick in the teeth tonight after Saturday's shitshow and I can't remember feeling so disappointed after leaving a home match.

19 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

The LC semi is a red herring, we’ve beat absolutely nobody to be there and Sevco will roll us over at Hampden 

Can’t wait :rolleyes:

At least there wasn't a big queue when I went to pick up my semi-final tickets at full-time. That's the real quiz. 

38 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

This is factually correct, but there are two teams with games in hand below you who could send you fifth by winning winnable games. And the League Cup run has essentially been a bye so far (even though they did their best to get knocked out by Annan).

He'll be gone soon.

Yep, and you still have Hibs to play. We've already played them twice. Although you do tend to routinely pick up three points from them.

It's no fluke that we've scored 51 goals this season. Statically our best for over 30 years and the metrics currently forecast Aberdeen to finish third.

If you look at the remaining fixtures, Aberdeen and Hearts (probably the two teams who will occupy 3rd and 4th spot come the end of the season) there's an equal chance one of us will finish third.

Goodwin still insists Hearts are currently favourites as your team has been built over the past few years whereas we have an entirely new squad built over the past summer. Although I believe our recruitment has been more efficient than Hearts since Derren Mowbray joined us and I'm confident we'll strengthen further in January.

You have to remember we finished 10th last season (the first time in a decade Hearts have finished above us) so we required more work than you to be were we currently are. It's also a good indication your doing something right when your direct rivals (The Edinburgh clubs and in particular Hearts) are frequently commenting and downplaying your achievements during the season. Admittedly, Aberdeen fans do the same when Hearts or Hibs are performing well.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

Just now, DrewDon said:

At least there wasn't a big queue when I went to pick up my semi-final tickets at full-time. That's the real quiz. 

I’ll be there for the day out on the lash with some pals I haven’t seen for a while 

Would be difficult to get out of bed for otherwise 

Expected absolutely f**k all tonight and yet it’s the worst I’ve felt after a game since QotS

Fitba, eh 

Cormack must be very relieved that we've already sold 15,000 tickets for the Semi final as who would trust these bottle merchants in a big game at Hampden?

As for Goodwin has he got a vandetta against Besuijen and Ramirez as surely they would have been better options than Morris and Watkins.

I also think he was very naive in not stopping the game in injury time to make our last sub. It could have stopped the momentum that Rangers were building up at that time. 

Derek McInnes would not have lost that game tonight and I don't think Stephen Glass would have lost it either.

So many good things happened in the game tonight, but as others have said I left Pittodrie absolutely sickened. 2-1 up and coasting pretty much and then sat back and invited them on. Even then Rangers were going to be incapable of scoring without two absolute howlers from our defence, three if you include the first goal. Celtic are going to walk this league.

Ross McCrorie is set to be watched by English Championship clubs during tonight's match between Aberdeen and Rangers, according to The Herald.

Defensive-minded player McCrorie moved to Pittodrie on an initial loan deal two-and-a-half years ago from the Ibrox club and penned a new long-term contract with the Reds earlier this year until the summer of 2026.

The 24-year-old has been a regular feature of Jim Goodwin's side and 'that fine run of consistent form has attracted potential suitors from south of the border and Championship clubs will be represented at Pittodrie for the Premiership clash.'

And what is wrong with Morelos? His team have just scored a 97th minute winner and the whole team are celebrating, but all he can do is walk slowly along in front of the RDS scowling and making gestures to the stand, which was eventually spotted by Collum and the strange fellow got his yellow.