The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, Don exotic said:

Yes. I really hope this works out for him. It would be great if he is interested in bringing Ramirez home, which would be a good conclusion for all?

The way I'm reading it Glass's team is way down the food chain in the States.

The way I'm reading it Glass's team is way down the food chain in the States.
It's a level down from the MLS. Memphis were 2nd in the league this season, and lost in the second round of the playoffs (to a 95th minute penalty after missing a 94th minute penalty). They play in a baseball stadium, but a new football stadium is in the works

The standard isnt terrible, but I'd fancy most bottom half teams in the Scottish premier to hammer most teams there.

Dean Campbell seems to be getting f*ck*d about at Stevenage. Put on as a sub at the start of injury time on Saturday in their televised Cup tie, pretty sure he never even touched the ball. The club have to end his loan and put him somewhere where he is going to get some decent game time. Most of all it's not fair on Dean himself.

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Dean Campbell seems to be getting f*ck*d about at Stevenage. Put on as a sub at the start of injury time on Saturday in their televised Cup tie, pretty sure he never even touched the ball. The club have to end his loan and put him somewhere where he is going to get some decent game time. Most of all it's not fair on Dean himself.

I’m pretty sure he won’t kick a ball for the Dons again. 
If he can’t force his way in to a bottom league club in England, even though they’re near the top, he’s not going to get a game here.

All the way down there to sit & watch. 

Waste of time. 

Maybe the Scottish Championship is his best bet. 

Sure I read the **** have a big name friendly before the restart, possibly a German team? Reminds me of couple of summers ago and they played games like that while the Dons faced Huntly or similar. Needless to say the **** were at a level in the first game and blew us away 

3 hours ago, Don exotic said:

Apparently we are looking to bring in Dacres-Cogley at right back. Negotiating with Micky Mellon to get him now, rather than just a pre-contract. Hopefully, we get him as we need a more experienced player there. No idea if he's any good though?

If league appearances on Wikipedia are to be believed then we aren't bringing Dacres-Cogley because of his vast experience in comparison to Richardson.

However, lets pray he's a better defender.

20 hours ago, kingjoey said:

You know for sure we’ve no games lined up in the next 2 weeks?

No, but things have went very quiet with regards any announcement of any games and can't see the point of deliberately keeping stum about it.

However, the proof of the pudding will be in the eating when we come to play the gruesomes in the first two games back. 

We'll soon know how well they utilised this enforced break by using their performances as a measure.

6 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

No, but things have went very quiet with regards any announcement of any games and can't see the point of deliberately keeping stum about it.

However, the proof of the pudding will be in the eating when we come to play the gruesomes in the first two games back. 

We'll soon know how well they utilised this enforced break by using their performances as a measure.

Was word of us playing Perth Saints, I assume behind closed doors