The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

You also forgot to add that it's fine if shareholders are able to cover the losses. You seem to be constantly ignoring that key point.

I don't think many people are saying that continued losses are a good thing, I'm certainly not anyway. I'm saying that if there is an undertaking that any initial losses are covered which then allows Aberdeen to invest in their recruitment and playing squad, then it allows them to be more competitive on the pitch and bring in better players they will then hope to sell on. I'm not denying there is risk attached to it, but until such a point the shareholders are unwilling to cover any losses then it's not really a big deal.

Yeah, which is something I can't help but thinking we've heard before at other clubs.

What could go wrong, eh?

Ten million quid over two years?
As I said, you keep on happy clapping. I don't understand this slavish need to defend a board doing a bad job. Every Scottish club that's ended up in trouble has had this stage. Obious warning signs, but supporters criticising people who point them out.
Amazing that you've watched so many other clubs get into bother, but now are just happy to take the club's PR when there are issues staring you in the face.

I’m more than happy to call the club out when it’s warranted.

As has been said before countless times, there are clear reasons as to why we’ve made those losses and unless there is another global pandemic or we hire a rookie manager, let him make sh*t signings and tank a season then they are unlikely to be repeated.

If it was the same recurring issues then I would be concerned but the reality is that we are following a strategy which is showing good signs of working for us already. We have put the staff in place to make smart signings and we have possibly the best academy in the country so buying low and selling high is a viable plan.

Above all that, I don’t think Cormack would ever let himself go down as the man who left Aberdeen in the mud. Say what you like about him but he’s a Dons fan and he wants his legacy to be positive. He’s stumped up the cash before and will do again.

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Yeah, which is something I can't help but thinking we've heard before at other clubs.

What could go wrong, eh?

I would argue an Aberdeen born multimillionaire and fan (Cormack) backed by another (Milne) and many of Cormacks rich mates is a bit different to your lot wearing t shirts saying "believe" and genuinely thinking a Lithuanian conman was going to do what he said and genuinely supported Hearts 😁

It seems like you still have a lot of pain about your team nearly going bust. Dont worry yourself. Thatll never happen to Aberdeen

Don't panic. We haven't lost £10m over two years it's £4.5m. Not great but not £10m. 

Dave stumped up a £3m injection in late 2020 which went through the balance sheet and not the P&L like other clubs might have done. 

Ignore the sandwich board wearing lunatic. 

6 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Don't panic. We haven't lost £10m over two years it's £4.5m. Not great but not £10m. 

Dave stumped up a £3m injection in late 2020 which went through the balance sheet and not the P&L like other clubs might have done. 

Ignore the sandwich board wearing lunatic. 

Spot on

Hearts "benefactors" cash is doing a lot of heavy lifting in the Hearts accounts too.

18 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

For any Hearts fans looking in let's provide some clarity. You made 3 million based on the back of record turnover purely on the basis that you received 4.5 of donations from benefactors. Without them you make a 1.5 million loss.

We are reporting an accounting loss of 5 million which does not include the insurance money we received due to the pandemic. When you also consider the difference between 10th and 3rd place is roughly 2 million (and one would expect us not to finish 10th on a regular basis) we almost cover the 5 million gap. The accounts also don't include the sales of Ramsey and Ferguson which would see Aberdeen more than cover the 5 million gap and pay for this summer's investment in the squad. If we are ever in a loss making position Cormack has said him and his friends will cover them. 

A sustainable business model is one where the club can stand on its own feet rather than rely on funds from benefactors. Aberdeen are running with the youngest squad in the league and have many more valuable assets which can be monetized at the right time.

As for the stadium Hearts are land locked whilst we have an opportunity to build a state of the art stadium which will generate far more revenue than Hearts will at Tynecastle. Commercial and corporate facilities alone will be double what we have today. As for the funding lots to be decided but selling name rights, investment from benefactors etc...are already being worked on.

In summary we are in a good place.

????????????

16 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

1) No, it isn't.

2) No, you don't. And while you won't finish tenth every year, you lost the same amount the year before when you finished 4th.

3) That's how accounts work. Similar to how we can't include our European money in this year's, with which we'd have made an even bigger profit. You will post money from transfers next year,  but probably not the full whack because that's rarely how transfers work, and in day-to-day operating Aberdeen are losing 100,000 quid a week. That's eye-watering. With a wages to turnover rate of 74%, there's reason for speculation as to how long that can continue for.

4) It's perfectly sustainable if it's planned for, budgeted, and is used to improve the infrastructure of the club. You seem to think Hearts have signed Shankland, made a loss, and the gap has been plugged by Anderson. This is completely wrong. For example, we don't have a corporate shirt-sponsor or a stadium name partner because Anderson pays us not to. We could easily have both. Also, 1.5m of our 'benefactor' money is annual income from fans. What's not sustainable, is losses of a hundred grand a week from normal operations, and that's Aberdeen's position.

5) You actually believe this, don't you? How many decades can you be strung along for? You're losing a hundred grand a week, have nothing but jackanory stuff from the club about a stadium which is likely to be small and not fully-owned by the club (if it ever actually happens), but you will still swallow what the club are giving you. Happy clappers like you are a bad board's dream. You do realise you're about to receive substantial transfer fees, but those are not going to grow your club, they're going to cover huge operating losses. If you think that's 'a good place', then Cormack must love fans like you. 😀

The amount of work you put into trying to prove Aberdeen are going to go bust shortly, is breathtaking. Please carry on.

20 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Ten million quid over two years?

As I said, you keep on happy clapping. I don't understand this slavish need to defend a board doing a bad job. Every Scottish club that's ended up in trouble has had this stage. Obious warning signs, but supporters criticising people who point them out.

Amazing that you've watched so many other clubs get into bother, but now are just happy to take the club's PR when there are issues staring you in the face.

You must know most of what you're saying is rubbish though. It's good to know Hertz fans are so insecure about their own position though.

This year's figures don't including the millions we made in players sales, which more than cover these losses. We are also highly unlikely to pay to replace a whole squad and management team and finish 10th recurrently. Are you going to come back and give the opposite patter when our figures suggest bumper profits next year, when the player sales appear in that year? 

Edited by Don exotic
Typo

15 hours ago, Don exotic said:

You must know most of what you're saying is rubbish though. It's good to know Hertz fans are so insecure about their own position though.

This year's figures don't including the millions we made in players sales, which more than cover these losses. We are also highly unlikely to pay to replace a whole squad and management team and finish 10th recurrently. Are you going to come back and give the opposite patter when our figures suggest bumper profits next year, when the player sales appear in that year? 

Of course he wont

He has a huge chip on his shoulder about Aberdeen it seems.

He doesnt respond to the fact its not debt as its covered by Cormack etc. He also doesnt see any difference between a couple of very wealthy Aberdeen fans from Aberdeen (Cormack/Milne) and Vladimir Romanov.

Strange man

Struggling to believe the semi tickets sales are as strong as they appear online 
Can only presume they’re actually only releasing sections F1-7 on a staggered sale when the rest sell out?

We haven’t sold any sections past F7 yet. Strong sales nonetheless. Probably more than we sold for the last semi against them.

4 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

The Jambo virgin will be along shortly to tell us these are “disastrous” ticket sales. 

He's too busy setting the world to rights on the boycott the World Cup thread.

Ticket sales are more than impressive given they only went on sale yesterday morning.
Only 17 tickets left in the entire G section. F7 (ultras section sold out too). 
Healthy availability in the South Stand but it is more expensive there.
I'd wager that's between 6k and 7k sold. 

I’d say we’re over 10k now. The East Stand holds 13k and we’ve sold out over half of that. Only a few hundred left from our South Lower and Upper allocation which is impressive since it’s more expensive and there’s no concessions available there. Hopefully get a couple more sections for the East at the very least.