The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

Not going to derail the thread

^  You already have, but then posting lengthy opinion pieces seems to be your USP.

Beginning to wonder if you are actually that chubby golf correspondent Murray......................

50 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

They've just lost five million quid, their wage-bill is rising, they have a crumbling wreck of a stadium and no way to finance a new one.

Tell me what part of that isn't worrying.

Erm, the fact we brought in around £8 million in transfer sales during the summer and barely reinvested 30% of it during the summer to build an entirely new team 

Those figures aren’t included in the accounts that have been released 

As said above we’ve brought in around £14 million in transfer sales over the last couple of years with many more very decent assets still on the books, most notably Miovski who has been linked with a £4 million pound move

We paid £500k for him about 5 months ago 

Your obsession with us is bizarre, I can’t imagine the state you’ll get yourself into if we finish 3rd this season 

Edited by Frank Grimes

10 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Erm, the fact we brought in around £8 million in transfer sales during the summer and barely reinvested 30% of it during the summer to build an entirely new team 

As said above we’ve brought in around £14 million in transfer sales over the last couple of years with many more very decent assets still on the books, most notably Miovski who has been linked with a £4 million pound move

Your obsession with us is bizarre, I can’t imagine the state you’ll get yourself into if we finish 3rd this season 

It's a Scottish football discussion board. We discuss Scottish football.

'Obsessed' is up there with 'rent-free' as the dullest patter going.

You have brought in some good transfer fees recently, but it seems the Aberdeen board's only strategy is to keep doing that. All with seemingly no idea about where you're going to be playing, or how much ownership you'll have over the place you'll be playing.

It's certainly not a secure position to be in. Back to back five-million dunts? Glad you're cool with it.

26 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Barron will also be away by the summer for a decent enough fee, but let’s not reveal too much and spoil the diets fantasy.

43 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

You have brought in some good transfer fees recently, but it seems the Aberdeen board's only strategy is to keep doing that. All with seemingly no idea about where you're going to be playing, or how much ownership you'll have over the place you'll be playing.

It's certainly not a secure position to be in. Back to back five-million dunts? Glad you're cool with it.

I can live with it for 2/3 seasons, I’ll be worried if it happens season after season obviously 

I’d be even more worried if we ever ended up in administration and/or endure two relegations in the space of 6 years but perhaps you’re better placed to advise us of those ills?

Some Dandies don’t even post on this thread as much as you, do you pay as much attention to the Killie or Motherwell threads or is it ourselves you’re singling out for special treatment? Sorry, discussion :rolleyes:

Edited by Frank Grimes

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

I can live with it for 2/3 seasons, I’ll be worried if it happens season after season obviously 

I’d be even more worried if we ever ended up in administration and/or endure two relegations in the space of 6 years but perhaps you’re better placed to advise us of those ills?

Some Dandies don’t even post on this thread as much as you, do you pay as much attention to the Killie or Motherwell threads or is it ourselves you’re singling out for special treatment? Sorry, discussion :rolleyes:

I've already requested @VincentGuerin for his advice on how we should prepare for administration and relegation given Hearts history, but after a few days and countless other posts I'm still waiting.

8 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I've already requested @VincentGuerin for his advice on how we should prepare for administration and relegation given Hearts history, but after a few days and countless other posts I'm still waiting.

Patience Joey, he’s full of opinions and insight, I’m sure he will give us his take on that any day now 

Not going to derail the thread, but would just point out two things.
1) When you know  investment from a director and the supporters is coming, you plan for it, put it in your budget, and build your business plan around it. Presenting Hearts' accounts as having been bailed out by some late chicanery is daft and inaccurate. You're often daft and inaccurate about Hearts, but I'd suggest you read up on what that money is for, how it is being spent, and how it has been budgeted for. I expect you'll be upset to see further funding from Anderson in next year's accounts, for example. He's told the club he's investing, and it's been agreed. It's not a bail-out. Similar to how Hibs fans have been telling us from day 1 that FoH is not sustainable and donations will dry up. They haven't. Hbs.net is not the best place to find out about Hearts.
2) Aberdeen FC know all about benefactors anyway, having had extensive financial aid themselves. A local family agreed to basically wipe out their debts back in 2014. Having had that done for them, they were well-poised to go on and take advantage of the shitshows at Hearts, Hibs, and Rangers and press on. Yet, here we are in 2022 with Hearts and Hibs with completed stadiums, Aberdeen facing an extremely uncertain future and with dreadful financial results.
It's very grim for Aberdeen.

You are really fishing here….
Or just not able to understand words

4 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Can you read accounts? we lost 5m on operating last season but there was 3m odd for player sales that wasn't included in that total. Their was also best part of 2m paid out in this years account for covid insurance,  again not included in the 5m loss this season. Although the insurance was paid late we basically broke even in the previous years books.

This season is a different matter but we have made some mistakes that have cost us alot of money no doubt. Paying of a management team and a number of players hasn't helped. We also like everyone else didn't have a open stadium till mid January. Many dont trust Cormack but I believe him when he says we have turned a corner. Youth doing well and recruitment seem going in right direction. Also averaging over 15k at home games which is a big rise on previous seasons. 

The stadium bit I agree with. Complete embarrassment and I dont really see that changing anytime soon with costs spiralling out of control. 80m could easily turn into 120m by times its actually built it. 

On 17/11/2022 at 11:24, kingjoey said:

Are you one of those that sing "sheep shagging b*st*rds" at us?

I was at Tynecastle with an Aberdeen-supporting mate in January 1992 (or thereabouts) when Hearts were top of the league and starting to have very silly ideas. At which point your guys humped them 4-0, but even more entertaining was the moment when the Jambos started singing "sheep-shagging b*****ds" and every single Dons fan clapped and cheered them sarcastically. I was most impressed!

Anyhow, I actually came here after reading the BBC story and found myself wondering if Aberdeen are really paying average wages of £8k per week, assuming the figure mentioned for wages is just for the first team squad (which may not be the case). That does seem a tad unsustainable. 

6 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Well, no. Same as if Motherwell lose a European game, not many Aberdeen fans bother. Our threads were crawling with your mob.

Like I said, the 'obsessed' patter is fucking dull.

The admin/relegation patter from you lot is confusing. Are you saying Hearts fans should be worried about something that happened years ago and from which the club has now completely recovered? I don't tend to worry about things like that, it's an interesting idea.

So, so much chat from Aberdeen fans on here about Hearts' admin/relegation, but very few people (I think actually none) explaining any kind of positive view for where Aberdeen go from here.

Hearts are fine, you lot need to let it go. We're in the top flight, we're making a profit, we've got a finished stadium. Aberdeen don't look fine at all.

Edited by VincentGuerin

9 hours ago, Leith Green said:

As an aside, Aberdeen could just as easily have got a more positive story in the BBC etc by getting some benefactor on the board to pump in a few million ahead of the end of the reporting period.

Your figures, as reported, are probably a more accurate reflection.

Is this a pre-emptive strike before Ron the Con's f**k up is revealed for all to see?:lol:

19 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Let your apology be as loud as your disrespect was, etc. 

image.png.3b9987343b538ee50b188c3c75b58759.png

That's pretty impressive, not that i understand the stat exactly. 

Somewhere there's a commanding the box stat that's a bit less rosy, but fair play on the shot stopping.