The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

I mean, we all know the state Pittodrie's in. Must be costing a few quid to keep it open each year. Any idea how much? It's certainly a financial black hole, though. And with your wee crowds and those cheap season ticket prices...

Not to mention the apparent absence of any funding for a move.

Just saying, bro. Here for you.

image.jpeg.4b6f44883ffa5377b30bb260dda8a6bb.jpeg

image.jpeg.dfed650dc947e6c34c9b0e1860cffda8.jpeg

The council office stand isnt it? Sure that's the name. 

Built originally with no seats ordered. Overspend huge with the contract given to someone Budge knew?

Didnt build many more corporate facilities either.

Plenty to learn for Aberdeen here .. 

11 hours ago, afc_blockhead said:

The council office stand isnt it? Sure that's the name. 

Built originally with no seats ordered. Overspend huge with the contract given to someone Budge knew?

Didnt build many more corporate facilities either.

Plenty to learn for Aberdeen here .. 

You can try and deflect onto a club with almost 16,000 ST holders, excellent accounts, and a finished stadium if you like.

Doesn't really change the fact that Aberdeen look to be totally fucked, though. Does it?

47 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

You can try and deflect onto a club with almost 16,000 ST holders, excellent accounts, and a finished stadium if you like.

Doesn't really change the fact that Aberdeen look to be totally fucked, though. Does it?

Are you one of those that sing "sheep shagging b*st*rds" at us?

I suppose my issues, were I an Aberdeen fan, would be the following.

1) After this amount of time, why is the club so unclear on how (whether?) the new stadium can be funded? Hearts and Hibs, for all their short-comings and fair criticism, have got their jobs done in recent years with a level of fuss, but ultimately done. Hearts got theirs done within a few years of nearly going bust. Aberdeen, after a period of relative stability and on-field success, are nowhere at all.

2) Again, after this amount of time, why is there no clarity on what a partnership with the council would mean? For example, you'd expect any public funding would have an impact on Aberdeen's ability to make money from the stadium, as it's unlikely they get a US-style deal in the current UK government climate. This has been dragging on for years, so why is there no clarity on that. You can't just blame the council, this is Aberdeen FC's stadium, and they're seemingly nowhere.

3) If the proposal is for a relatively small stadium, is there any real basis for that other than short-term economy? How would Aberdeen seek to make up for that over the coming decades, as a stadium 20% smaller than ER and Tynecastle would clearly be an issue. Added into the question of week-round income if council funded, this is a lot to answer.

4) What's the cost p/a of staying at Pittodrie in terms of patching it up? How long can they viably remain?

For all that it's easy for online fans to throw about 'obsessed yam' patter, real-life Aberdeen fans I know are concerned about this. One Aberdeen-supporting football journalist I know is having kittens as every time he speaks to anyone from the club about it off-the-record, it sounds like it's getting worse.

For all that Hearts, Hibs, and Aberdeen are three very similar clubs, this is one area of increasing interest. As Pittodrie is obviously a weight around Aberdeen's neck at the moment, and it's becoming increasingly unclear whether Aberdeen are going to do anything about it medium term.

I don't think Aberdeen are going to go bust, even if I'll spend the odd  day during the World Cup break implying I do. But football stadiums are among the leading sources of financial difficulty for clubs these days, and non-ownership of your own stadium is often the first step to real bovver. And Aberdeen seem to be in more of a bind here than a lot of people realise.

Edited by VincentGuerin

4 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

1) After this amount of time, why is the club so unclear on how (whether?) the new stadium can be funded? Hearts and Hibs, for all their short-comings and fair criticism, have got their jobs done in recent years with a level of fuss, but ultimately done. Aberdeen are nowhere at all.

2) Again, after this amount of time, why is there no clarity on what a partnership with the council would mean? For example, you'd expect any public funding would have an impact on Aberdeen's ability to make money from the stadium, as it's unlikely they get a US-style deal in the current UK government climate. This has been dragging on for years, so why is there no clarity on that. You can't just blame the council, this is Aberdeen FC's stadium, and they're seemingly nowhere.

3) If the proposal is for a relatively small stadium, is there any real basis for that other than short-term economy? How would Aberdeen seek to make up for that over the coming decades, as a stadium 20% smaller than ER and Tynecastle would clearly be an issue. Added into the question of week-round income if council funded, this is a lot to answer.

4) What's the cost p/a of staying at Pittodrie in terms of patching it up? How long can they viably remain?

For all that it's easy for online fans to throw about 'obsessed yam' patter, real-life Aberdeen fans I know are concerned about this. One Aberdeen-supporting football journalist I know is having kittens as every time he speaks to anyone from the club about it off-the-record, it sounds like it's getting worse.

For all that Hearts, Hibs, and Aberdeen are three very similar clubs, this is one area of increasing interest. As Pittodrie is obviously a weight around Aberdeen's neck at the moment, and it's becoming increasingly unclear whether Aberdeen are going to do anything about it medium term.

I don't think Aberdeen are going to go bust, even if I'll spend the odd  day during the World Cup break implying I do. But football stadiums are among the leading sources of financial difficulty for clubs these days, and non-ownership of your own stadium is often the first step to real bovver. And Aberdeen seem to be in more of a bind here than a lot of people realise.

But are you really here to make 'salient points', or just ruin page 1983?

You're dangerously close to being classed as an 'obsessed diddy' here...although behaviour like that would have us being compared to the green cheeks, and we can't have that.

Please enjoy a picture of Mr CWC Winning goal scorer Mr Hewitt instead, and have a nice day...

image.jpeg.3bb8c95a867fb4da7af433dee6266ed3.jpeg

1 minute ago, Jimmain said:

You're dangerously close to being classed as an 'obsessed diddy' here...although behaviour like that would have us being compared to the green cheeks, and we can't have that.

Please enjoy a picture of Mr CWC Winning goal scorer Mr Hewitt instead, and have a nice day...

What a magnificent achievement from truly one of this countries greatest ever sides.  A squad of that standard today would sweep clean everything in Scotland.  So many talented individuals, a great manager and more importantly a great team.

8 minutes ago, Jimmain said:

Nice picture, but I've actually enjoyed the full game before. As a keen Scottish football supporter, I've watched all the available full matches of note. This one, the sticky buns' win in Barcelona, Celtic in Lisbon, quite a few of United's games.

Marvelous stuff.

On 16/11/2022 at 04:58, kingjoey said:

We all see things differently, but I just don't see this. What I see is a timid central midfielder who doesn't like to tackle and puts away so many passes that puts the receiving player under immediate pressure. He comes across as so aggressive when celebrating goals and wins, but doesn't replicate that when the ball's there to be won. I'm more than happy for him to convince me otherwise over the next few months. 

Tackle stats say otherwise

34 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

1) After this amount of time, why is the club so unclear on how (whether?) the new stadium can be funded? Hearts and Hibs, for all their short-comings and fair criticism, have got their jobs done in recent years with a level of fuss, but ultimately done. Hearts got theirs done within a few years of nearly going bust. Aberdeen, after a period of relative stability and on-field success, are nowhere at all.

Too long, didn’t read. 

Have this for your effort though champ. 

2A8ADD6D-ACFD-413C-8C6D-649E13A97BD5.jpeg

15 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Have Roos, Stewart and Richardson been left at home?

None of them was at the meet and greet event after the game. Polvara along with a few other injured players was there.

A very good event that gave an opportunity for ex-pats to go and see their team.  Over 200 at the event and all players and staff there for 3 hours.

Edited by betting competition

1 minute ago, betting competition said:

None of them was at the meet and greet event after the game. Polvara along with a few other injured players was there.

A very good event that gave an opportunity for ex-pats to go and see their team.  Over 200 at the event and all players and staff there for 3 hours.

Jim said something about not denying players opportunities to represent their countries. Presumably at a sport other than football.