The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

I hope we keep Bojan but making £3.5 million profit on a player we’ve only had for a few months would definitely give us a decision to make 

Especially if Mowbray has a few more gems lined up for future windows 

We would be silly to turn down £4 million. I like Bojan but he's not a £4 million player.

9 hours ago, highland_mechanic said:

We would be silly to turn down £4 million. I like Bojan but he's not a £4 million player.

I disagree, his value should only rise further. Coming third is also worth quite a bit for us now.

Offer them Ramirez for £1 million though!

2 hours ago, kenrobell said:

New stadium isn’t gonna pay for itself

Or fill itself either! We shouldn't sell in January unless they make a silly offer. Even if the transfer team have targets we would struggle to sign them now and you can't know if they'll settle. The clubs building momentum.

New stadium isn’t gonna pay for itself

Speaking of the new stadium, should Aberdeen press ahead with their ludicrous plan to build a 16k capacity stadium fans will inevitably be locked out of games on a semi regular basis - as demonstrated by the United game at the weekend there (17,052 attendance). United bottom of the league and Aberdeen hardly flying, what happens if it’s a genuinely big fixture that attracts over 18k? I’m not ashamed to admit that the idea of Aberdeen building anything less than 20k lives rent free in my head. A fucking nonsense. Please sort yourselves out.

Or fill itself either! We shouldn't sell in January unless they make a silly offer. Even if the transfer team have targets we would struggle to sign them now and you can't know if they'll settle. The clubs building momentum.

Good point good players should be on 4 year deals get two good seasons out of them for the fans the sell for money start the process again build the cash reserves

Speaking of the new stadium, should Aberdeen press ahead with their ludicrous plan to build a 16k capacity stadium fans will inevitably be locked out of games on a semi regular basis - as demonstrated by the United game at the weekend there (17,052 attendance). United bottom of the league and Aberdeen hardly flying, what happens if it’s a genuinely big fixture that attracts over 18k? I’m not ashamed to admit that the idea of Aberdeen building anything less than 20k lives rent free in my head. A fucking nonsense. Please sort yourselves out.

Aberdeen doing that handicaps themselves when it comes to competing with hibs and hearts why the 16 k number why not 18 or 19k ?

So much positivity surrounding the club right now. Huge contrast from last seasons efforts.

The recruitment team, Cormack and Goodwin deserve massive credit for the job they did over the summer. Essentially an entire new first team of young talented players (we have the youngest squad in the SPL) to have gelled so quickly and have us currently in third spot - deserves praise.

I hope we hold on to Miovski, Duk and Ramadani until the end of the season - I'm speculating that we will see offers for the latter two in January. The prospect of getting back into Europe is too important imo and we will most likely receive offers in the summer for those mentioned. More time to source suitable replacements. It's great see Ferguson performing well in Italy as again the initial fee we received could increase. Cormack promised moneyball and so far he's delivering. The strategy of signing talented young players and selling them on for a profit is our best hope of winning trophies and closing the gap on the OF. 

The youth team in recent years has produced a better calibre of player and has profited the club several million. More than any other club outside the OF. Barron, Ross Duncan and Bavidge being the latest youth recruits who look very promising and hopefully profit us a few more million.

Just awaiting positive news on the new Stadium development.

10 hours ago, kenrobell said:

Aberdeen doing that handicaps themselves when it comes to competing with hibs and hearts why the 16 k number why not 18 or 19k ?

Cormack has previously provided the example of Juve deciding to downsize their stadium. By reducing the stadium capacity you create a scarcity of tickets. Therefore fans are more concerned about missing out on the bigger matches which in theory creates a higher demand in tickets. He believes this will increase average season ticket sales which the club can sell at a higher price resulting in an increase in revenue from the new stadium.

I'd personally prefer the club to build a 22k stadium just for the argument of not having a smaller stadium than our Edinburgh rivals. Across Europe, many clubs (including Juve) don't see Stadium capacity as something to brag about.

If the new (reduced capacity) stadium results in greater profits and therefore greater success on the pitch, I doubt any Aberdeen fan would care not one iota what opposition supporters think about our downsized capacity.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

39 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

So much positivity surrounding the club right now. Huge contrast from last seasons efforts.

The recruitment team, Cormack and Goodwin deserve massive credit for the job they did over the summer. Essentially an entire new first team of young talented players (we have the youngest squad in the SPL) to have gelled so quickly and have us currently in third spot - deserves praise.

I hope we hold on to Miovski, Duk and Ramadani until the end of the season - I'm speculating that we will see offers for the latter two in January. The prospect of getting back into Europe is too important imo and we will most likely receive offers in the summer for those mentioned. More time to source suitable replacements. It's great see Ferguson performing well in Italy as again the initial fee we received could increase. Cormack promised moneyball and so far he's delivering. The strategy of signing talented young players and selling them on for a profit is our best hope of winning trophies and closing the gap on the OF. 

The youth team in recent years has produced a better calibre of player and has profited the club several million. More than any other club outside the OF. Barron, Ross Duncan and Bavidge being the latest youth recruits who look very promising and hopefully profit us a few more million.

Just awaiting positive news on the new Stadium development.

Am I the only one who sees little benefit to Ramadani being in our team. Apart from celebrate wildly when we score or win, what does he actually do?

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Am I the only one who sees little benefit to Ramadani being in our team. Apart from celebrate wildly when we score or win, what does he actually do?

He’s okay for sometimes giving Stewart a relatively safe option for a pass and occasionally Stewart will actually complete that pass adequately.

But Ramadani himself can be a bit hit or miss with his passing. 

I don’t see him as being all that much of an upgrade on Ojo in that role sitting as a deep midfielder in front of the defence.

Minds me on Cato Guntveit.