The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, NorthernLights said:

I'd hang fire on buying any train tickets yet.

According to the Trainline Advanced Tickets for Scotrail have only been released up to the 16th of December.

https://www.thetrainline.com/ticketalert

Are they likely to have any cheaper tickets given they will know the semi is on that day? 

6 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Are they likely to have any cheaper tickets given they will know the semi is on that day? 

I'm not aware of train companies deliberating holding/increasing prices due to certain events like football matches etc. The main challenge would be grabbing them before they sell out.

Looking at the last Sunday they seem to have Advance tickets on sale for it would be £25.80 return but you are stuck to catching a set train, whereas your more expensive tickets are more flexible in terms of which trains you can get.

Watching the highlights of Saturday back two things jump out at me. For third time that I can remember, Peterhead, United and Saturday, Richardson receives the ball about 8 yards from goal and instead of hitting it first time he takes a touch and the chance is gone. And we have again lost a goal from a throw in about 10 yards from the by-line where we have let an attacker get past our last defender before the throw in is taken and he has a free cross into the box which ends up in a goal against.

13 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Watching the highlights of Saturday back two things jump out at me. For third time that I can remember, Peterhead, United and Saturday, Richardson receives the ball about 8 yards from goal and instead of hitting it first time he takes a touch and the chance is gone. And we have again lost a goal from a throw in about 10 yards from the by-line where we have let an attacker get past our last defender before the throw in is taken and he has a free cross into the box which ends up in a goal against.

Havent seen your highlights, but there are definitely a few teams looking at different tactics to get an advantage for these type of throw ins this season - even standing just off the field of play until the throw is about to be taken. I assume its in order to drag defenders toward the line and try to ensure that no offensive players are offside from the "2nd phase" of play after the throw is taken.

I know, I know it seems a bit contrived but saw it happen from both Hibs and the Fermers on Friday.

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Havent seen your highlights, but there are definitely a few teams looking at different tactics to get an advantage for these type of throw ins this season - even standing just off the field of play until the throw is about to be taken. I assume its in order to drag defenders toward the line and try to ensure that no offensive players are offside from the "2nd phase" of play after the throw is taken.

I know, I know it seems a bit contrived but saw it happen from both Hibs and the Fermers on Friday.

Know what you mean, but in this instance McKenzie stands in front of the attacker instead of goal side so when the throw goes past him the attacker is in at the bye line. 
Just really poor positioning.

3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

At least the Evening Express isn’t getting over excited after 3 straight wins

Jesus Christ 

😀

Fucking hell, how does that get printed?

I know it's a local paper, but that's fanzine stuff, and shite fanzine stuff.

I love this bit:

'This weekend, the Dons travel to Rangers knowing a win would move them to within four points of the second-placed Ibrox side.'

Translation, if Aberdeen win a game they're unlikely to win, they'll still be two games behind  a side with a budget that massively dwarfs theirs and whom they have absolutely no chance of finishing above this season.

Who's the writer? I'm assuming he's 18 or something?

15 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I love this bit:

'This weekend, the Dons travel to Rangers knowing a win would move them to within four points of the second-placed Ibrox side.'

He's not wrong.

Could be worse tho, it could be a paragraph of shite bemoaning fixture lists and injuries before coming to a similar hypothetical conclusion😉

15 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Sean Wallace.  Tough paper round if true.

3ubnYfzo_400x400.jpg.4065f6bbafbd7373725a9d42157ab2a3.jpg

4 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

He's not wrong.

Could be worse tho, it could be a paragraph of shite bemoaning fixture lists and injuries before coming to a similar hypothetical conclusion😉

Sean Wallace.  Tough paper round if true.

3ubnYfzo_400x400.jpg.4065f6bbafbd7373725a9d42157ab2a3.jpg

He's not wrong. It's funny, though.

You've lost me with the highlighted bit though.

4 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

You've lost me with the highlighted bit though.

Just poking fun M9

Maybe i'm mixing you up and it wasn't you waxing lyrical about your league position after x amount of games,injuries and how happy you were and where you could hypothetically end up once the fixtures even out etc.

3 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Just poking fun M9

Maybe i'm mixing you up and it wasn't you waxing lyrical about your league position after x amount of games,injuries and how happy you were and where you could hypothetically end up once the fixtures even out etc.

Ah! I did post about the fixtures, aye. But I made absolutely no predictions. Just an observation on the current state of play and a look at the next few weeks.

I'm not a predictions man.

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

Ah! I did post about the fixtures, aye. But I made absolutely no predictions. Just an observation on the current state of play and a look at the next few weeks.

I'm not a predictions man.

Same.

As much as I think The EE is a shit rag, the lad Wallace is a dandy and a decent chap if i recall correctly the times i've been in his company many years ago.

33 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Same.

As much as I think The EE is a shit rag, the lad Wallace is a dandy and a decent chap if i recall correctly the times i've been in his company many years ago.

Regularly in the Bobbin then the Y (also many years ago) 

I think he's being over cautious talking about the champions league qualifiers. Probably unrealistic to talk about winning it just yet but quarter finals isn't too much of a stretch.

8 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

😀

Fucking hell, how does that get printed?

I know it's a local paper, but that's fanzine stuff, and shite fanzine stuff.

I love this bit:

Translation, if Aberdeen win a game they're unlikely to win, they'll still be two games behind  a side with a budget that massively dwarfs theirs and whom they have absolutely no chance of finishing above this season.

Sportsound were bigging up this game tonight too.  Tom English with the 'if Aberdeen have anything about them, they'll be looking to win this game" and all that.

We've been here before when the current 'best of the rest' travel to Glasgow to play an apparently off form bigot brother.  It normally ends up at least a 3 goal home win.

Normally better when going there to fly under the radar and get them half @rsed  e.g. Livi at the weekend.

Saying that - fk it, heed first dandies...............

We should have a fairly good idea by full time at the weekend as to how effective VAR is going to be. We've been fucked by refs countless times at Ibrox over the years, the h*ns surely won't be able to get away with their usual antics, McGregor in particular. 

Aye as easy as it is to get carried away after a few good results we're barely a couple of weeks out from a doing at Tannadice against a pretty terrible Dundee Utd side. The side still has a softness to it that even an out of form Rangers can easily take advantage of.

35 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Aye as easy as it is to get carried away after a few good results we're barely a couple of weeks out from a doing at Tannadice against a pretty terrible Dundee Utd side. The side still has a softness to it that even an out of form Rangers can easily take advantage of.

We are not great for sure. They just scraped past Dundee in the cup. Both teams equally capable of being utterly terrible. 

39 minutes ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

We should have a fairly good idea by full time at the weekend as to how effective VAR is going to be. We've been fucked by refs countless times at Ibrox over the years, the h*ns surely won't be able to get away with their usual antics, McGregor in particular. 

Ha. I admire your optimism.