The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

I possibly owe handsome Jim an apology. I was maybe a little too seething after tannadice.

Thats a very solid response from the team so fair play. Winning away is massive and if we could actually do that with a modicum of regularity then we might be alright.

Same here 

I had some serious doubts after Tannadice, first time I’ve had serious doubts about Jim, but a brilliant last few games 

The team seems to be clicking with this new formation 

Currants away next week will be interesting 

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I like Jim and he generally speaks well but he's a bit too bullish in his post match interview on RedTV for my liking.

Tis is why he'll never make it at Aberdeen, imagine if that positivity he emits rubs off on players/staff/ the board! Could take down the very institution of misery we all love.

Get him gone!😉

13 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

MacKenzie was a bit too soft for their goal but redeemed himself with the winner. Definitely a player in there and nowhere near as bad as some make out.

Feared the worst but his return has been quite the opposite of what i was expecting,long may it continue.

19 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Tis is why he'll never make it at Aberdeen, imagine if that positivity he emits rubs off on players/staff/ the board! Could take down the very institution of misery we all love.

Get him gone!😉

Feared the worst but his return has been quite the opposite of what i was expecting,long may it continue.

Ha ha was talking about his reaction to the criticism from last week.

I thought Goodwin spoke well as he does most weeks. McInnes only did the same. As someone else said in the Motherwell thread, after I spoke prematurely of a draw being a decent result for us, Aberdeen shouldn't be accepting a draw against Motherwell. That's the attitude that needs to be instilled. McInnes did exactly that upon his arrival. 

Many won't agree with my assessment but I actually thought we played as equally well today as we did a few weeks back at Tannadice. The difference was Utd were clinical that day and we missed a number of good opportunities. Van Veen was guilty of not taking his chances today.

I'm delighted with how the team has bounced back since that 4-0 defeat. Three wins against Hearts (who I still view as favourites for 3rd spot), Partick Thistle (will probably be promoted this season) and Motherwell (hadn't beaten them in 3 years at Fir Park).

Can't believe that Duk has spent his time playing only in the Benfica B side. This is his first 10 games in mens football and he's tearing it up in Scotland. I can't see him being with much longer. He's too good.

Great feeling at full-time. This group of players are so easy to support and it seems pretty clear from how they interact with each other that they genuinely like each other and that it is a good dressing room. Big fan of Goodwin, as I have been pretty much since he was appointed - admittedly he occasionally says slightly daft things in interviews but I find it oddly endearing (every once in a while). 

On 21/10/2022 at 10:43, Dons_1988 said:

Barron is as technically gifted a player as I can remember is producing tbh. Will be gutted if he just disappears over us not managing his contract situation. 

I think it's unfair on the club to suggest that they haven't managed his contract situation. They offered him his new deal in the summer with 2 years still left on his present deal. If his agent is advising him not to sign there's not a helluv lot the club can do in that scenario. 

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I think it's unfair on the club to suggest that they haven't managed his contract situation. They offered him his new deal in the summer with 2 years still left on his present deal. If his agent is advising him not to sign there's not a helluv lot the club can do in that scenario. 

Less of an accusation than a hypothetical. None of us know what’s happened. 

20 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Less of an accusation than a hypothetical. None of us know what’s happened. 

We do know that he was offered a new deal with 2 years left of his present one. Regardless of guessing why it's not been signed, not much more the club can do. 

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

We do know that he was offered a new deal with 2 years left of his present one. Regardless of guessing why it's not been signed, not much more the club can do. 

That’s a silly thing to say when you don’t know what they offered. I’m not accusing the club of anything, I’m saying I’d be gutted to lose him, particularly IF we could have done more. 

44 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

That’s a silly thing to say when you don’t know what they offered. I’m not accusing the club of anything, I’m saying I’d be gutted to lose him, particularly IF we could have done more. 

Do you want the club to push the boat out to keep young Barron? What is the "more" that you want the club to do? Make him the highest paid player?

At the end of the day, if the player wants to leave then there's not much the club can do about it apart from sell him before he gets anywhere near the end of his contract.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

5 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Do you want the club to push the boat out to keep young Barron? What is the "more" that you want the club to do? Make him the highest paid player?

At the end of the day, if the player wants to leave then there's not much the club can do about it apart from sell him before he gets anywhere near the end of his contract.

The internet eh, bloody hell. 

Can I repeat again I’ve not accused the club of anything. 

I rate Barron very highly, I’d like us to make as much effort as possible to keep him. I’m not saying they haven’t, but the fact they have made him ‘an offer’ doesn’t mean they have either. 

You’re not as arsed by barron, that’s up to you. 

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I'd be gutted to lose him too, but you are accusing the club in a roundabout way by saying "...if he just disappears over us not managing his contract situation."

On 23/10/2022 at 12:05, Suspect Device said:

It shows that I've not been down to Glasgow on the train for a while. £67.09 for a return, Blood yrip off.

Which I'll obviously still pay. At my age I've not got many semis left. 😄

I'd hang fire on buying any train tickets yet.

According to the Trainline Advanced Tickets for Scotrail have only been released up to the 16th of December.

https://www.thetrainline.com/ticketalert