The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Completely off topic but wasn’t sure where to put it. In Aberdeen over the weekend, where is the best bit for pubs? Union St?

There's a lot of pubs on the streets that branch off from Union Street like Belmont Street and Shiprow has a bit of life about it now., and I suppose Justice Mill Lane and Windmill Brae although I tend to stay near the eastern side of Union Street nowadays.

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

Can’t see Connor Barron signing a new deal then going by Cormack’s latest comments 

Real shame that, could be time to cash in already 

What's he said? Link?

I've felt since the summer that Barron didn't see his future at Pittodrie. As long as we get a decent wedge for him and he doesn't remain in Scotland then he goes with my blessing (for what it's worth).

I'm pretty nonplussed about Barron, he's had a very brief first-team career here.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

31 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

What's he said? Link?

I've felt since the summer that Barron didn't see his future at Pittodrie. As long as we get a decent wedge for him and he doesn't remain in Scotland then he goes with my blessing (for what it's worth).

I'm pretty nonplussed about Barron, he's had a very brief first-team career here.

Barron is as technically gifted a player as I can remember is producing tbh. Will be gutted if he just disappears over us not managing his contract situation. 

3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Can’t see Connor Barron signing a new deal then going by Cormack’s latest comments 

Real shame that, could be time to cash in already 

Swap for Scales maybe?

It's been evident since the summer that he was never signing an extension - despite being out injured and possibly thinking that some extra pennies in his pay packet now might not be the worst idea.

Apparently he has the same agent as Considine.  You'd like to think if Barron was as good a dandy as he's meant to be, he'd tell the agent to golf tango foxtrot and extend his contract - but maybe his head was turned after all the press from later last season and his performance v Belgium U21s.

I obviously hope he’ll sign another deal but unfortunately he’ll be able to attract a bigger range or clubs and a higher wage if the buying club are just paying a development fee instead of £2mil+.

I did have it in my head that his contract was up at the end of this season so it could be worse I suppose.

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Barron is as technically gifted a player as I can remember is producing tbh. Will be gutted if he just disappears over us not managing his contract situation

The boy appears keen to try his luck elsewhere and doesn't want to sign an extension.

He's hardly played for us and if we get some dough then hopefully we can reinvest it wisely with someone who wants to be at Pittodrie.

Maybe the pain will ease for you when he appears in front of photographers with a green and white scarf above his head. I think a feeling of contempt will be your overriding emotion...😋

Edited by Bogbrush1903

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/connor-barron-offered-significant-aberdeen-28293125

You'd hope we could strike a deal with Barron. Do a Jonny Hayes like agreement. He signs a new deal and we promise to sell him for a decent fee in the summer. 

I haven't any issues with the youngsters wanting to leave and test the waters elsewhere so long as we profit of them.

No hard feelings towards Barron. We'd all probably do the same.

I've been looking forward to this page, 1970. My first Cup Final, my first time at Hampden, my first time in Glasgow, my first time in a crush at Mount Florida and the furthest I had ever been from home. And Martin Buchan held up the Cup at the end of it all.

Here’s a photo taken today in Angusfield Care Home.Hopefully you recognise the gentlemen on the left and right anyway?
ea79b85bef0832d9f5f80c84ca53e573.jpg

2 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Here’s a photo taken today in Angusfield Care Home.Hopefully you recognise the gentlemen on the left and right anyway?

Is Martin Buchan back living in the Northeast then? I just assumed that because the local press never seem to interview him that he remained in the Manchester area.

Who's on the left? I'm only born in 1975 so they're  before my time

10 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Martin Buchan very recognisable and I presune that the chap on the left is his brother George?

Great photo.

Edited by kingjoey

Buchan still lives near Manchester - just up visiting.

The gent on the left is his defensive partner in the 70 Cup final.
Sadly another victim of a condition not uncommon to centre halves in particular from the 60s &70s.

59 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Buchan still lives near Manchester - just up visiting.

The gent on the left is his defensive partner in the 70 Cup final.
Sadly another victim of a condition not uncommon to centre halves in particular from the 60s &70s.

A Dons Legend then..

aberdeen-fc-tom-mcmillan-1969_360_6ccc94ba7db395722d6c07e687bc86fc.jpg.04ac97f967101a254e1fde16e1db1037.jpgABCFOOTSCOT71S1TD0921224-72-300x431.jpg.e499da8d7c4405fdae5e0dad32b7dddf.jpgABCFOOTSCOT68BB4-7.thumb.jpg.6a8a5e6d139a3a1f871b1aad0052d073.jpg

Edited by Bogbrush1903

I possibly owe handsome Jim an apology. I was maybe a little too seething after tannadice.

Thats a very solid response from the team so fair play. Winning away is massive and if we could actually do that with a modicum of regularity then we might be alright.