The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

12 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

20 goals in the league cup already emoji28.png hopefully a few more to come too.

We’re averaging 2 per game in the league, if we keep that up then we could easy be on for 100 in all competitions.

Well, that's that knocked on the head.

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I've been looking forward to this page, 1970. My first Cup Final, my first time at Hampden, my first time in Glasgow, my first time in a crush at Mount Florida and the furthest I had ever been from home. And Martin Buchan held up the Cup at the end of it all.

My third (time lucky) final (Summer Cup Final 1964, 1967 Scottish Cup Final).

Happy days.

1 hour ago, kennie makevin said:

Aberdeen beat Celtic three times in Glasgow in 1970. Twice in the league at Parkhead, April & December, and the Cup Final. 

100% record at Parkhead that year.

Couldn’t find the stadium thread but some of the numbers in the report the council have put out are bonkers.

12k for the Dons women is more than the national team get at Hampden.

We’d seemingly also be hosting multiple Scotland 21 and Women’s games to sell out crowds, as well 8 sell out crowds to an unnamed rugby team.

0c7cf5003f7f3fa9b3cdce801d82b580.jpg

16 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Couldn’t find the stadium thread but some of the numbers in the report the council have put out are bonkers.

We’d seemingly also be hosting multiple Scotland 21 and Women’s games to sell out crowds, as well 8 sell out crowds to an unnamed rugby team.

Yeah even if it's taking into account the increasing popularity of women's football going into the future it does seem wildly optimistic.

Mind you they're only ever going to show a best case scenario for this sort of thing.

18 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

They're hardly going to say no c**t will go though. All about catching the eye of the non-supporters.

1 hour ago, lubo_blaha said:

12,000 for the 8 women’s games… in TOTAL, maybe.

5 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

Aberdeen beat Celtic three times in Glasgow in 1970. Twice in the league at Parkhead, April & December, and the Cup Final. 

I was at the December win as well as the Cup Final. My first time at Celtic Park and sat in the Main Stand with my sister. We were surrounded by priests!

I see that Robbie Neilson is having a wee pop at Aberdeen by having a go at the club "buzzing" at beating Hearts on Sunday. Saying that with all Hearts injuries, and playing Sunday/Thursday/Sunday, we're only one point ahead of his bunch of hammerthrowers. He is factually correct about the points difference of course, but he's coming across as being a right bitter b*****d.

8 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I see that Robbie Neilson is having a wee pop at Aberdeen by having a go at the club "buzzing" at beating Hearts on Sunday. Saying that with all Hearts injuries, and playing Sunday/Thursday/Sunday, we're only one point ahead of his bunch of hammerthrowers. He is factually correct about the points difference of course, but he's coming across as being a right bitter b*****d.

I tend to not listen to folk who look like they need a good wash.

9 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Pound shop mind games from the bold robbie. 

It might be more convincing if he didn’t do it after everytime his team drop points. Almost like he’s playing to the thicko gallery. 

“Yes, we were pumped again but look at how happy the opposition are. Hearts are massive!”

52 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Completely off topic but wasn’t sure where to put it. In Aberdeen over the weekend, where is the best bit for pubs? Union St?

Really depends what kind of pub you're looking for. If you're a fan of whisky then The Grill on Union street, if you're looking for a younger crowd, then Belmont Street (just off Union Street) has a few. Civilised drink with your missus, then Under the Hammer is supposed to be good since it's been done up.

If you're proper old school then head to Portals or The Carlton in the Castlegate and drink with a load of old men.

If you want a fight with your drink the Justice Mill Lane was always the place to be.

And there's a new wine bar called Faffless across from M&S. (I've never been)

Drummonds for music and a late drink. Some 'interesting characters' in there as well.

And of course, there's the Brewdog pubs. Castlegate or Gallowgate.

ETA: I should add that I rarely go out in town these days so the younger folk on here would be better placed to give you advice.

Edited by Suspect Device