The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

It has, remains, and always will annoy me when managers shit it away from home. I've never got it either.

I remember that under Jimmy Calderwood we would beat some teams pretty comfortably at home but get annihilated away. 4-0 at Firhill is a prime example, and easy defeats at Hibs, Kilmarnock and Motherwell (despite winning at East End against them fairly often) are typical of what I'm on about.

Edited by DA Baracus

1 hour ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Totally agree. 
But certainly next week I’d have him at RB.  
Richardson is woeful. Zero defensive awareness & clueless going forward.

I’d go;

Roos

McCrorie Stewart Scales Coulson.  
                      Ramadani.  
              Barron.          Coulson. 
         Duk.       Miovski.     Hayes 

Hayes should only be playing as the left wing back if we go 3 at the back.

McCrorie in for Stewart for me. Midfield three is perfect.

54 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Sharp must be a graduate from the prestigious Mark McGhee School of Post-Match Interviews. 

Got home from Dundee to hear this and got even angrier than I was at Tannadice.

Losing 4-0 to the bottom of the table side is not one of those games.

If that's seriously what you think Lee Sharp then GTF.

2 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Totally agree. 
But certainly next week I’d have him at RB.  
Richardson is woeful. Zero defensive awareness & clueless going forward.

I’d go;

Roos

McCrorie Stewart Scales Coulson.  
                      Ramadani.  
              Barron.          Coulson. 
         Duk.       Miovski.     Hayes 

Roos should be dropped not as good as Lewis 

9 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

Got home from Dundee to hear this and got even angrier than I was at Tannadice.

Losing 4-0 to the bottom of the table side is not one of those games.

If that's seriously what you think Lee Sharp then GTF.

Up there with “it’s just 3 points” from McGhee. 
Genuinely looked & sounded like he didn’t give a f**k. 

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Hayes should only be playing as the left wing back if we go 3 at the back.

McCrorie in for Stewart for me. Midfield three is perfect.

Stewart is horrific on the ball but I don't want to see Mccrorie in the centre of defence either. He always gives me the fear as his marking and positioning nearly always cost us goals. It's like all the bad parts when Scotland play Mctominay in defence.

Goodwins recruitment so far is looking patchy at best. Overloaded in some positions but the defence looks both poor and short of numbers.

Edited by Rodhull

Goodwin was quick to identify the deficiencies in the Stephen Glass team but now he's got to be ruthless with his own buys if he's to save himself.

I watched 20 minutes of the second half of the Peterhead match and it was obvious that Stewart couldn't pass water (I mentioned on here at the time) and serious doubts about Richardson were already surfacing by the end of the Stirling Albion match.

Firstly, he needs to drop Richardson and send him back to England's fifth tier. 

Meanwhile, Stewart needs to stick to the basics of heading and kicking it as far as he can until he can be replaced in January or Goodwin tries Milne immediately.

People will say the captaincy doesn't matter but the fact that Goodwin gave it to this jobber from England's third tier brings further into question his judgement.

He's not quite Jerel Ifil standard but he's not good enough for even Top 6.

Still feeling pretty sick about that last night. I’m normally over a result by 20 minutes after full time. 

Im not Goodwin out but I suspect this may be a significant moment in Jim’s tenure that he’s going to struggle to recover from. That’s a result that can put you past the point of no return. 

He’s been given a lot of patience, a lot of people wrote off the last bit of last season to allow him a window. But now you’re thinking has he actually done anything of note yet to justify support? I’m not sure he has. 

if he fails to beat partick in the cup then i think he’s done. 

11 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I've watched Stewart, game after game after game, either pass straight to the opposition time after time or get caught in possession trying to dribble out of defence and run out of time. Either he or the coaching staff must see that as well surely. The pass along the 18 yard line at the end of the match tonight beggars belief, as did his being in control of the ball near the touchline only to let the United player get in front of him and force a foul. He's been made captain so he won't be dropped, but should be simply for committing the same mistakes time and again.

Agree. Also the number of dodgy passes out from the back by Roos to the incompetent Ramadami. 

51 minutes ago, shuggz said:

Firstly, he needs to drop Richardson and send him back to England's fifth tier. 

Eh, Forest are in PL, which makes it even worse.

Richardson only played two league games for Forest (when they were in the Championship not the PL) but was out on loan at fifth tier Notts County so presumably we bought him on the strength of his performances for County.

As has been said, Barron and Clarkson provided some brief hope in second half, should have started for me as they can pass a ball. 

Roos, does not like a cross ball, but then bizarrely come for a ball he does not need to for the OG. He does not give me confidence. Bring back Joe. 

Stewart is honking, and is not captain material. There was a massive lack of communication and leadership on the pitch. They looked like rabbits in headlights at times. 

Richardson should have been hooked at half time, just useless. 

Ramadani is too slow and not physical enough. We need some metal in the midfield. We shat it all over the place and could not handle physical aspect of game. 

The 😩 Miovski miss in first half, dare I say, would have been tucked away by CR99, or anyone on this forum! If this had gone in, the match might have turned out differently.