The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Definitely big concerns. 

I can handle a new team being inconsistent but there’s inconsistent and then there’s this. 

It’s not just bad results, That is 3 absolutely rancid performances already this season and there’s no excuse for turning in that sort of dross. 

I am wobbling with handsome Jim tonight, I have to say. 

Yip. Me too.

No idea what or who the answer is, but I’m doubtful Goodwin is it.

Away from home we are a bottom 3 team. 
At home a top 3 team. 
Is it too simplistic to say play the same fucking way?! 

McCrorie is rapidly approaching 100 competitive games for us and I still basically have no idea where we should be playing him. At the moment I would be tempted to move him to right-back, drop Richardson and bring either one or both of Barron and Clarkson into midfield, but after the next big defeat I will probably be wanting him restored to midfield again. 

3 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

McCrorie is rapidly approaching 100 competitive games for us and I still basically have no idea where we should be playing him. At the moment I would be tempted to move him to right-back, drop Richardson and bring either one or both of Barron and Clarkson into midfield, but after the next big defeat I will probably be wanting him restored to midfield again. 

Totally agree. 
But certainly next week I’d have him at RB.  
Richardson is woeful. Zero defensive awareness & clueless going forward.

I’d go;

Roos

McCrorie Stewart Scales Coulson.  
                      Ramadani.  
              Barron.          Coulson. 
         Duk.       Miovski.     Hayes 

2 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Totally agree. 

I’d go;

Roos

Ramadani.  
              Barron.          Coulson. 

Yes, I quite like the look of that (with Clarkson in for the second Coulson, obviously.)

I think we need to have one of Duk or Watkins in, to try and get a body close to Miovski. He seems to struggle a bit physically when he becomes isolated.  McCrorie at right-back would hopefully give us a bit more defensive security, offer Stewart a bit more insurance, and not sacrifice too much of the athleticism that Richardson is capable of bringing. 

Richardson needs released. I would honestly rather have Jack Gurr. Caught in no man’s land time after time and although it’s not his job, he absolutely bottled his chance on goal. To only have him as an option at RB is negligence.

I thought we played our best stuff when we were 3-5-2 with Clarkson and Barron in the midfield. Could be an option going forward although it would mean leaving out our gang of wingers.

10 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Yes, I quite like the look of that (with Clarkson in for the second Coulson, obviously.)

I think we need to have one of Duk or Watkins in, to try and get a body close to Miovski. He seems to struggle a bit physically when he becomes isolated.  McCrorie at right-back would hopefully give us a bit more defensive security, offer Stewart a bit more insurance, and not sacrifice too much of the athleticism that Richardson is capable of bringing. 

Aye, sorry, Clarkson I meant FFS 

17 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Totally agree. 

I’d go;

Roos

Ramadani.  
              Barron.          Clarkson 

Clarkson in midfield, not Coulson as I said originally. 

I wouldn't go as far as preferring Gurr, but Richardson appears to be a very attack-minded wing-back being played as a right-back in a four - and that is a problem. He has, in his very limited defence, been robbed of two assists by Miovski against Hibs and now Dundee United. 

I absolutely want him dropped for next week, though, and it isn't a great reflection on Goodwin that he is basically our only option there (unless he is counting McCrorie, and I'm not sure he is). 

Arguably best performance of the season last week. Definitely worst performance of the season this week.

main change in personal? McCrorie in midfield instead of defence. 
Now I am not saying that is the sole reason for this humiliation, far from it as almost everyone was garbage, but it’s a factor. He’s never a midfielder and the arse licking he gets from so many dandies due to his running power and attitude is infuriating at times. The boy can’t pass water. 
Ramadani isn’t even a particularly top level passer of the ball, so that leaves so little creativity in the team.

And Vinny just isn’t good enough in open play for this level, despite a few tap in goals blurring peoples opinions of him. 

Jury massively out on Goodwin. 
Today is an absolute horror show of a result. 

The problem with Richardson is that unless he can deliver a final pass he is literally pointless and a liability. 

Being fast and getting into good positions does not compensate for the risk you’re taking leaving the gaps behind him. The guy looks like Austin Samuel taught him how to cross a ball. 

Richardson isn’t alone here though, we leave ourselves open in more than one area of the pitch in search of being attacking but away from home we seem completely incapable of actually creating the chances needed to justify it. 

I've watched Stewart, game after game after game, either pass straight to the opposition time after time or get caught in possession trying to dribble out of defence and run out of time. Either he or the coaching staff must see that as well surely. The pass along the 18 yard line at the end of the match tonight beggars belief, as did his being in control of the ball near the touchline only to let the United player get in front of him and force a foul. He's been made captain so he won't be dropped, but should be simply for committing the same mistakes time and again.

11 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

On a positive, up until collum completely killed the game it was very refreshing to see Barron back. Even half fit the progression of his passing at least made us look like we had a hint of a threat. 

The only two positives were the return of Barron & Clarkson.

The midfield 3 next week should be Ramadani holding (as he did v Killie) with Barron & Clarkson just ahead of him.