The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Have you tried googling ‘robbie neilson Lewis Ferguson’. A little obscure but it might get you somewhere. 

"Googling"? Why would I look up a cricket term in relation to Scottish football?

44 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

This is what gets me the most. Can't find Neilson's actual comment about Ferguson, but from my recollection it was pretty similar, and he wasn't even cited. You would hope that Aberdeen highlighted this to the SFA.

42 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Amazingly enough, a Hibs' fan has it to hand...

4 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

There is a slight semantic difference between accusing someone of cheating and calling someone a cheat, not 6 games' worth, mind. :lol:

Aye Snoreson pointed out Ferguson dived for a penalty and didn't go further and accuse him of cheating all the time (although would have been factually correct). 

9 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Aye Snoreson pointed out Ferguson dived for a penalty and didn't go further and accuse him of cheating all the time (although would have been factually correct). 

It's not in that interview, but pretty sure I remember him saying that Lewis Ferguson has a history of going over too easily, or that could just be Charlie Adam. 

I would like the AFC response to be zero. I hope that JG continues to say what he thinks wrt his opinion on player’s cheating. I have no problem with Neilson’s comments on Ferguson on two fronts. First, he may well have been right just as JG may well be It’s basically club tribalism that persuades most fans views on who’s right or wrong in these issues. Second and most important, it’s his opinion, it’s as valid as anyone else’s. I don’t get the knicker wetting on the actual harm in managers calling out cheating. Are refs so spineless that it makes any difference?

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It's not in that interview, but pretty sure I remember him saying that Lewis Ferguson has a history of going over too easily, or that could just be Charlie Adam. 

Lehs!

The concrete ball clearly hits Adam on the foot at some rate...

football-dive-gaff-v1.gif.ed975ad22e660334505a95fb2e35363f.gif

2 hours ago, Zing. said:

In all seriousness that is quite the hilarious punishment and I’ve no clue how they’ve managed to get to that figure. 

2 matches for calling a player a cheat, 2 more for his poor attempt to influence the ref, 2 more for making "detailed videos of porteous winning penalties for Hibs" and 2 because he is a moaning faced p***k?

Spoiler

Only the last part is true

31 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

2 matches for calling a player a cheat, 2 more for his poor attempt to influence the ref, 2 more for making "detailed videos of porteous winning penalties for Hibs" and 2 because he is a moaning faced p***k?

Reveal hidden contents

Only the last part is true

I think his actual comments were fair enough - but for a wee snidey attempt to grass him up to the Ref - lifetime ban required.