The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I love Hayes. Even when things aren't coming off for him, which hasn't been often lately, he is a player capable of injecting character into a performance. He is the sort of player who doesn't think twice about taking responsibility and trying to make things happen. They are invaluable traits. He was excellent again today. 

Ramadani was as good as I have seen him, after the game against Hibs bypassed him. Kilmarnock's midfield was admittedly pretty hopeless, but his reading of the game was excellent. So calm in possession too. He was in complete control throughout. 

I don't think I have seen Coulson have a bad game yet. I am desperately hoping he can stay fit because we are clearly a more dynamic and just better all-round team with him than without him.

I honestly do believe Coulson is wasted at LB. 

That doesn't mean I'm questioning his defensive abilities as he's very capable. However, his pace, agility and ability to beat a player is probably just as good as anyone in this team. Imagine him as a winger or even a number 10. 

Pre contract in January is a must. 

Right hand side of defence will cost us 3rd/4th. As much as I want Richardson to do well, he's got very obvious weaknesses. Stewart is in a similar bracket. Great defender but very questionable on the ball. You can't question either players commitment or determination to succeed though. Extremely likeable players as a result and that applies to a high percentage of this team.

Can we do some business (free agent wise) over the next month? I hope so. 

11 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

The resurrection of Jonny Hayes as a player is maybe the most pleasing thing about this season so far. 

He was 1 of the best players last season as well to be fair.

I know that wasn’t much of an achievement but still , he was.

10 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Would need to disagree on that one. Looked like he was playing LWB when we weren't in possession today and that suits him perfectly.

Autocorrect has got me there. I meant to say done and it’s corrected me to fine. 

44 minutes ago, big al said:

He was 1 of the best players last season as well to be fair.

I know that wasn’t much of an achievement but still , he was.

He may have been at the upper end of a league table of Aberdeen performances last season (not sure I’m convinced) but that wasn’t Jonny Hayes. It was actually quite sad to watch. 

Killie offered the square root of f*ck all yesterday.

It was nice to see Goodwin utilising his squad yesterday and giving game time to Watkins, Ramirez, Milne and Duncan.

I'd still like to see Duncan start instead of Kennedy and give him a run of games.

The worrying aspect would be that despite Killie offering nothing they still managed to get a free header in our box for the goal. I'm pretty sure Taylor didn't even need to jump for it.

Richardson is still a problem that needs addressed.

Edited by Bogbrush1903