The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

With the new TV deal, streaming is permitted with immediate effect (up to five home games per year). Saturday 3pm’s aren’t permitted.

Moving the two United games to 6pm and the Hibs game to Friday night now makes a lot of sense.

Potentially opens up the following games for PPV:

United away 8th Oct
Hearts home 16th Oct
Hibs home 4th Nov
Livi away 9th Nov
United home 12th Nov
Killie away 28th Dec
County home 2nd Jan
St Mirren home 1st Feb

9 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

With the new TV deal, streaming is permitted with immediate effect (up to five home games per year). Saturday 3pm’s aren’t permitted.

Moving the two United games to 6pm and the Hibs game to Friday night now makes a lot of sense.

Potentially opens up the following games for PPV:

United away 8th Oct
Hearts home 16th Oct
Hibs home 4th Nov
Livi away 9th Nov
United home 12th Nov
Killie away 28th Dec
County home 2nd Jan
St Mirren home 1st Feb

Enough of that positivity, old shiny teeth hasn’t got a clue and isn’t to be trusted.

12 hours ago, big al said:

Enough of that positivity, old shiny teeth hasn’t got a clue and isn’t to be trusted.

Really positive if moving the two home games against United and Hibs means you cannot attend them when you could have if they were 3pm on a Saturday but it’s alright you can pay again to watch PPV. 

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I very much doubt they’d be charged again. 

Probably not made myself clear. I am suggesting as a season ticket holder who cannot make the game as they shift the kick off to allow live streaming then to see the game you will have to buy the stream to see the game. 

7 minutes ago, Jute said:

Probably not made myself clear. I am suggesting as a season ticket holder who cannot make the game as they shift the kick off to allow live streaming then to see the game you will have to buy the stream to see the game. 

Yeah I get that, I don’t think you will be charged to stream it if you have a ticket and can’t be there. 

Happy to be proved wrong but I can’t see it. 

4 hours ago, Jute said:

Really positive if moving the two home games against United and Hibs means you cannot attend them when you could have if they were 3pm on a Saturday but it’s alright you can pay again to watch PPV. 

Surely they wouldn’t charge season ticket holders twice?

They didn’t previously when streams were permitted.

58 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yeah I get that, I don’t think you will be charged to stream it if you have a ticket and can’t be there. 

Happy to be proved wrong but I can’t see it. 

This. 

Club are damned if they do, damned if they don't when it comes to trying different things to boost income.

Edit: I coach children's football on a Sunday. If a fixture is moved to accommodate Sunday TV then I may not be able to attend. You know fixtures may be changed when you buy the season ticket.

Edited by Merkland Red

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

This. 

Club are damned if they do, damned if they don't when it comes to trying different things to boost income.

Edit: I coach children's football on a Sunday. If a fixture is moved to accommodate Sunday TV then I may not be able to attend. You know fixtures may be changed when you buy the season ticket.

Yeah I’ve no issue with trying something new. Saturday evening suits a certain demographic better but if the overall consensus is that it doesn’t work then you scrap it later. Don’t think it’s a big deal. 

Dave deserves credit for trying stuff like this, you could block every single initiative out there if you pointed out every demographic negatively impacted by a change. 

20 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Alfie Bavidge has scored 6 goals in 2 games for the u18s

Can’t be long until he’s getting a seat on the bench of the first team at least 

Hopefully! At this point there's always the fear when someone young shows some promise that they'll be picked up for a pittance by a club down south before they even get a chance at the first team.

My wee lad just expressed an interest in going to watch a football match (only 3 so undecided whether that's a good idea yet). So I checked the fixtures over xmas, and the SPFL - in their eternal wisdom - have decided to give us two away fixtures on the 24th and 28th.

What are these muppets smoking?

3 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

My wee lad just expressed an interest in going to watch a football match (only 3 so undecided whether that's a good idea yet). So I checked the fixtures over xmas, and the SPFL - in their eternal wisdom - have decided to give us two away fixtures on the 24th and 28th.

What are these muppets smoking?

Two of the worst possible away games too. St Mirren isn’t that bad but it is fucking Xmas eve 

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Two of the worst possible away games too. St Mirren isn’t that bad but it is fucking Xmas eve 

Quite literally the two longest journeys for Aberdeen based fans. Quite surprised there hasn't been more pushback from the club actually.