The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, AngusTheBull said:

This is the part of today that has annoyed me.

It's been obvious since well before the transfer window shut that we needed another CB so we don't have to move McCrorie back everytime something happens to one of our CB's or we play Celtic.

The failure to recruit another CB/not trusting Milne means this is going to happen all season and was entirely predictable, even to a moron like me. We should have been better prepared.

And another right back for the same reason.

We have wingers coming out of our ears, squad is quite unbalanced. 
We have 6 players who can play out wide when fit. At least one too many. 

6 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Porteous is an embarrassment to his profession. 

Fucking hell, this is some take, you must still be pished.

Porteous absolutely strolled it today against giants of the game like............Miovski.

you can say what you want about the penalty we were actually awarded but please dont bleat about Hibs winning because it was 100% deserved.

Aberdeen were utter dugshit today, and even when you scored I was confident that we were not losing that game.

Goodwins ludicrous (and, frankly embarassing) tears at full time are only there to mask how completely shit your team and his tactics were today..............

4 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Porteous absolutely strolled it today against giants of the game like............Miovski.

you can say what you want about the penalty we were actually awarded but please dont bleat about Hibs winning because it was 100% deserved.

Aberdeen were utter dugshit today, and even when you scored I was confident that we were not losing that game.

Goodwins ludicrous (and, frankly embarassing) tears at full time are only there to mask how completely shit your team and his tactics were today..............

Hibs deserved to win the game BECAUSE of the undeserved penalty and resultant sending off. Which part of that don’t you get? We’ll never know how the game would have panned out otherwise. 

5 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I actually agree with you on our performance and goodwins comments. 

But you lose me at this suggestion hibs would have won regardless of the pen/sending off and that comes across very fanboy. 

Fact is you were 1-0 down and hadn’t really created much of note up until that point, albeit you were on top. My main concern was the number of set pieces you were getting around our box and felt it was likely we’d be undone at one eventually, as was the case (through “clever” means). 

Id like to think that if we got into half time at 1-0 Goodwin would privately realise we needed to get up the pitch and pose more threat. Whether that be an extra man in midfield or another change, we may have done something to address what was happening. That option was taken away from us.

Saying that, our utter surrender at going down to 10 was embarrassing.  

I'm beginning to lose faith in Goodwin. I think we'll struggle to make top 6 with results like these (and Motherwell at home). Another season written off and it's only September.

Edited by Jacksgranda
Sleppnig

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I'm beginning to lose faith in Goodwin. I think we'll struggle to make top 6 with results like these (and Motherwell at home). Another season written off and it's only September.

You're right that we'll struggle to make top 6 with results like yesterday's and the Motherwell one, but using the same logic we'll stroll top 6 with results like St Mirren and Livingston. 

6 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Too early to write anything off but there’s some alarm bells, certainly. 

Just now, kingjoey said:

You're right that we'll struggle to make top 6 with results like yesterday's and the Motherwell one, but using the same logic we'll stroll top 6 with results like St Mirren and Livingston. 

Only seems to happen against 10 men. 

(Same argument could be made in reverse for the Hibs' result, I suppose.)

Need to take points off Hibs and Motherwell (especially at home) as they are top 6 rivals.

7 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Need to take points off Hibs and Motherwell (especially at home) as they are top 6 rivals.

Livingston are third.

47 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I actually agree with you on our performance and goodwins comments. 

But you lose me at this suggestion hibs would have won regardless of the pen/sending off and that comes across very fanboy. 

Fact is you were 1-0 down and hadn’t really created much of note up until that point, albeit you were on top. My main concern was the number of set pieces you were getting around our box and felt it was likely we’d be undone at one eventually, as was the case (through “clever” means). 

Id like to think that if we got into half time at 1-0 Goodwin would privately realise we needed to get up the pitch and pose more threat. Whether that be an extra man in midfield or another change, we may have done something to address what was happening. That option was taken away from us.

Saying that, our utter surrender at going down to 10 was embarrassing.  

Drink may have been taken when I wrote that.............

7 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Drink may have been taken when I wrote that.............

Tbf I saw your last posts on the match thread after I replied to you and figured I’d let you sleep it off….

I did find it slightly amusing lee Johnson saying hibs looked like ‘the real deal’ yesterday too. 

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Hibs have already played against 10 men FOUR teams in seven matches I think it is. (9 men in one of those games). 

I don’t rate them, and let’s face it, how often have Hibs finished about Aberdeen in the last 10-12 years? 
They’ve possibly been relegated as many times in that period.

The league will be as wide open below 2nd (& just as shite from what I’ve seen) as last year. 

Aberdeen could be anywhere from 3rd to about 8th. 

Just now, Thenorthernlight said:

Hibs have already played against 10 men FOUR teams in seven matches I think it is. (9 men in one of those games). 

I don’t rate them, and let’s face it, how often have Hibs finished about Aberdeen in the last 10-12 years? 
They’ve possibly been relegated as many times in that period.

The league will be as wide open below 2nd (& just as shite from what I’ve seen) as last year. 

Aberdeen could be anywhere from 3rd to about 8th. 

Four times I meant ^^^^^

We were utter utter muck yesterday. Only people getting pass marks from me were Hayes, McCrorie, Ramadani and Roos, guess Richardson didn't do much wrong but the rest were absolutely woeful. Polvara is an absolute imposter, Jack Gurr esque. 

A pretty shocking decision that has completely turned the game, there was barely a tackle put in the whole game yet we saw 8 cautions, however the capitulation was worrying. It was a case of sitting there and counting the minutes until Hibs scored and I actually found myself feeling relieved when they got the 3rd so I could f**k off back to the pub. 

The redeeming thing thus far is that the rest of the league seems completely fucking hopeless as well. 46pts qualified for Europe last season and it could be something similar this year. Just have to make sure we are the right side of the line after 33 games. 

I don't feel too disheartened by yesterday, even though I felt pretty deflated at the game. You never know, but I don't think it's very likely that we were losing that game if the referee gets the Scales decision correct at 1-0, despite never playing particularly well. We were undoubtedly poor with ten men, but we were third going into yesterday and it is still a very new group of players. As said above, I think the early indications are that this isn't a particularly strong league again and hopefully some relatively incremental improvements on last season could see us get closer to where we want to be. 

I'm not too bothered about Goodwin's comments post-match, either. I'm sure his private analysis of the game will be different to his public one. He has taken a bit of the heat off Scales and the players, which is fine. He will know that he can only do that so often, though. 

Edited by DrewDon