The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Already we’ve dropped a fair amount of points from winning positions this season 
Not good enough 

Aye that’s 8 points we have dropped when in solid winning positions. We were victims of a terrible decision today but that doesn’t / shouldn’t mask another woeful performance….. before and after the red card

That was horrendous today. Capitulated immediately in the second half and made a Hibs second just a matter of time. If Miovski had scored his sitter it probably would have been more than we deserved.

Even at one nil and despite Hibs not creating much before the penalty we were barely in the game. Invited them onto us far too much.

Stewart has some decent defensive qualities but passing is not one of them. If they really are going to insist on passing it out from the back regularly he does seem a more and more strange signing. At this point I think we would have been better holidng onto Ash Taylor than either Stewart or Declan Gallagher before him. 

Edited by Rodhull

I am concerned by the lack of control we seem to have in games at the moment. Even at 1-0 and with a full complement of players, and although Hibs didn't really create much of note before the penalty, I never felt like we had much of a grip on the game. Granted that we were missing a body in there today with Clarkson suspended and Barron injured, but it has also been there when we have been playing with three central midfielders. Hopefully Barron's return will help to address this to a degree. I was hoping Ramadani would offer a bit more in this regard, but I'm not really seeing it from him yet. Polvara is just an empty jersey.

In hindsight, it would likely have been a better bet to take off Miovski or Besuijen after the red card and keep Duk on. Duk would have at least given us an option to go direct, and probably forced Hibs to drop a bit deeper to limit the space behind. They didn't have to do that with Miovski, who was having a really poor game anyway. Basically, from the moment the second half started, it was just a matter of counting the minutes until Hibs went ahead, because we were pinned deep with virtually no out-ball. You just knew there was no danger that we were getting back into it when they did score, either. 

I thought Roos was good. Coulson too. Just a shame that he seems to be made of paper. 

Edited by DrewDon

I am concerned by the lack of control we seem to have in games at the moment. Even at 1-0 and with a full complement of players, and although Hibs didn't really create much of note before the penalty, I never felt like we had much of a grip on the game. Granted that we were missing a body in there today with Clarkson suspended and Barron injured, but it has also been there when we have been playing with three central midfielders. Hopefully Barron's return will help to address this to a degree. I was hoping Ramadani would offer a bit more in this regard, but I'm not really seeing it from him yet. Polvara is just an empty jersey.
In hindsight, it would likely have been a better bet to take off Miovski or Besuijen after the red card and keep Duk on. Duk would have at least given us an option to go direct, and probably forced Hibs to drop a bit deeper to limit the space behind. They didn't have to do that with Miovski, who was having a really poor game anyway. Basically, from the moment the second half started, it was just a matter of counting the minutes until Hibs went ahead, because we were pinned deep with virtually no out-ball. You just knew there was no danger that we were getting back into it when they did score, either. 
I thought Roos was good. Coulson too. Just a shame that he seems to be made of paper. 

I’m not convinced that Duk is fit enough for 90 minutes. Some of the time when he comes of the bench he looks like he’s blowing out his arse by the final whistle.

He’s certainly earned a start but the problem with starting him is that you can’t bring him on when you need a goal.

Hands up time, I got it wrong. I thought Goodwin was “the man” to lead us back to where we should be, and I felt he should have got the gig 12 months before he actually did.
You absolve him of blame, to a degree for last season’s  ending but I’ve seen nothing this season, to give me confidence that he is, in fact,  “the man”. The summer recruitment has been patchy at best. 3 or 4 of the 11 purchased should be nowhere near Aberdeen. Far too many speculative punts taken on players. 
Today was just Shite and I’ve lost complete confidence in Goodwin.

4 minutes ago, Afc69 said:

Hands up time, I got it wrong. I thought Goodwin was “the man” to lead us back to where we should be, and I felt he should have got the gig 12 months before he actually did.
You absolve him of blame, to a degree for last season’s  ending but I’ve seen nothing this season, to give me confidence that he is, in fact,  “the man”. The summer recruitment has been patchy at best. 3 or 4 of the 11 purchased should be nowhere near Aberdeen. Far too many speculative punts taken on players. 
Today was just Shite and I’ve lost complete confidence in Goodwin.

Partially agree.

I’m giving him a bit more time though. The break in November is a good time to have a think, that’s about halfway through the league season.

I thought tactically he got a good few things wrong today. 
- a midfield two.  
- taking Duk off instead of Besuijen - keep pace on the pitch.  
- Moving McCrorie back to defence, weakening an already outnumbered midfield & putting an out his depth Polvara on. 

There are some warning signs but I’ll wait another 10 games or so. 

21 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

- Moving McCrorie back to defence, weakening an already outnumbered midfield & putting an out his depth Polvara on. 

This is the part of today that has annoyed me.

It's been obvious since well before the transfer window shut that we needed another CB so we don't have to move McCrorie back everytime something happens to one of our CB's or we play Celtic.

The failure to recruit another CB/not trusting Milne means this is going to happen all season and was entirely predictable, even to a moron like me. We should have been better prepared.