The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

56 minutes ago, SamuraiJock said:

We have one game against Celtic between now and January when the window opens again. Even the league cup semis/final aren't until the new year, and the one game we do have isn't until after the world cup so i'd hope that Milne would have been established as an option by that point.

Surely if Jack Milne is considered as first team material he’d have been given game time at centre half this season already? 

We’ve had about 4-5 games where we’ve been 3 or 4 up with a half hour to go. 
If we don’t play him then to give him a experience in the first team, then when will we?

I think the lack of defensive cover at right back & centre back will inevitably bite us on the arse  

3 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Surely if Jack Milne is considered as first team material he’d have been given game time at centre half this season already? 

We’ve had about 4-5 games where we’ve been 3 or 4 up with a half hour to go. 
If we don’t play him then to give him a experience in the first team, then when will we?

I think the lack of defensive cover at right back & centre back will inevitably bite us on the arse  

With all respect, when should he have played?

I think McKenna only had a couple of games before he was thrown in as a regular.

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

With all respect, when should he have played?

I think McKenna only had a couple of games before he was thrown in as a regular.

McKenna had had a couple of (I think unimpressive) loan spells at Championship level though. Milne has had half a season in the Highland League. 

We were 4 up after 65 minutes last week and 3 up after 45 minutes against St Mirren. That's quite a good time to bed in our only other CB if Goodwin does see him as an option.

7 hours ago, AngusTheBull said:

It is quite concerning how many goals we are conceding from corners in the six-yard box too. You can pin much of the blame for two of them on Roos, but I assumed this would be an area Goodwin would be strong at managing.

I didn’t make it to Annan due to work. Watched the highlights though and in then Annan had 3 corners. 1 they hit the woodwork from, another they scored from and another they should have scored from but headed straight at the keeper.

Extremely concerning against an average L2 team.

43 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Not a surprise considering how bad the challange was

20220906_223652.jpg

Perhaps he deserves it.

Two things get right on my tits though.

1) The SFA appointing that h*n b*****d Beaton for the 4th time in 6 for us v The Rangers

2) Connor Goldson doesn’t get pulled up for his two red card offences last weekend. 

Perhaps we shouldn’t be surprised