The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

36 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Those two departures must genuinely be better than a new signing.

I am astounded that Bates has played (or almost played) for clubs with the pedigree of HSV, Legia and KV Mechelen. 

My 'one day Connor McLennan will blossom Martin Boyle style from legs faster than brain jobber into a genuine top player' theory is about to be sorely tested in the surplus disposal dumping ground that McDiarmid Park has seemingly become.  

Edited by tarapoa

3 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

I am astounded that Bates has played (or almost played) for clubs with the pedigree of HSV, Legia and KV Mechelen. 

My 'one day Connor McLennan will blossom Martin Boyle style from legs faster than brain jobber into a genuine top player' theory is about to be sorely tested in the surplus disposal dumping ground that McDiarmid Park has seemingly become.  

Tbf Boyle did have a few years playing down the leagues.

3 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

It’s unprofessional as f**k to be honest 

He needs to wise up, he’s not a 21 year old lassie 

He really should realise by now what a bad idea his social media posts are. When he arrived and things were going well it gave a bigger connection to the fans.

I think he let the negative posts get to him and in fairness he was probably getting more flack than he deserved. What he then did last year was pathetic though and he needs to understand that's what led to the current situation. He really needs to grow up.

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

Are Aberdeen likely to be looking for money for Ramirez at this point? Surely if he's that desperate to leave he can just cancel his contract before the deadline then he's free to go elsewhere after it isn't he?

Well that's it. I can imagine the club have offered to terminate it but he'll be wanting his payoff (which he'll be entitled to).

He obviously wants to eat his cake and have it too.

2 hours ago, betting competition said:

Deleted his twitter account, I also hope he leaves the club.

The few tweets I've seen have replies from all the usual "got a stream?" nobs that decry every player for a misplaced pass.

Wanting a guy to leave the club because he's not getting played despite scoring more than most of our strikers in the past 10years is weird.

Our "alleged " online support is pure poison

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

Are Aberdeen likely to be looking for money for Ramirez at this point? Surely if he's that desperate to leave he can just cancel his contract before the deadline then he's free to go elsewhere after it isn't he?

Aye, a free agent can sign for anyone at anytime I think. 

I suspect we might look at free agent defenders to replace Bates & have cover at CB. 

17 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

You can’t get international clearance for any player outside of a transfer window, including free agents. That would mean we’d be limiting ourselves to players whose most recent club was in Scotland, which would probably be a very small pool of players.

Likewise, if we cancelled Ramirez’s contract tomorrow, he wouldn’t be able to move to a club in another country unless that country’s transfer window was open.

Fair enough, my mistake 

4 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

You can’t get international clearance for any player outside of a transfer window, including free agents. That would mean we’d be limiting ourselves to players whose most recent club was in Scotland, which would probably be a very small pool of players.

Likewise, if we cancelled Ramirez’s contract tomorrow, he wouldn’t be able to move to a club in another country unless that country’s transfer window was open.

Sorry but that’s nonsense. You can sign a free agent outside the window as long as they were released before the end of the relevant transfer window.

International clearance has nothing to do with it.