The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

5 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Think the most annoying thing about this team so far is I really don’t know how good they are. We’ve seen some brilliance and we’ve seen some total incompetence

Seems like it's a movement/anticipation/vision issue which will hopefully improve with time. Last night in particular there were 21 players within about 30 yards of the goal a lot of the time, so not exactly a huge amount of space. Once the opponents have gone down to 10 we definitely seem able to make use of the extra man so just need to get better at engineering overloads when it's 11v11

We still have Callum Roberts to come back too. I'd say we need a defender more than anything. If Stewart or Scales get an injury we're in trouble.

At CM we have:

Ramadani / McCrorie / Barron / Clarkson / Polvara

Wingers and AM we have:

Hayes / Vinny / Roberts / Duncan / Morris / Kennedy / Clarkson / (Watkins*) / (McLennan*)

In central defence we have only:

Scales / Stewart / McCrorie / Milne? / (Bates*)

not to mention no cover at RB.

* assuming either leaving, or not even in contention

3 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

I still think we'll pick up one player.

The issue with picking up another midfielder is that Barron is still to come back.

I know Barron is still to come back but Goodwin has said it may not be until after the World Cup as he still has to return to running then has to do a "mini pre-season". 

And then if we pick up an injury/suspension to Stewart/Scales then that's McCrorie shunted back into defence. 

10 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Duk is the future. 

Watkins is desperate to get away, apparently.

From what I was told, his other half isn't up here and she's expecting their first child.

I expect a loan move for Watkins to a team in Englandshire, within a reasonable drive of where his girlfriend is.

We ideally need 3 players (VERY unlikely). 
A right back, a centre back & a no10.

Whether that’s dependant on a few leaving, I don’t know. 
McLennan, Bates, Ramirez couldn’t get on the bench last night. We only named 8 when we could’ve named 9. 

We’ll be saddled with 3 or 4 very unhappy, unused & expensive players in the squad. 

17 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I expect a loan move for Watkins to a team in Englandshire, within a reasonable drive of where his girlfriend is.

We ideally need 3 players (VERY unlikely). 
A right back, a centre back & a no10.

Whether that’s dependant on a few leaving, I don’t know. 
McLennan, Bates, Ramirez couldn’t get on the bench last night. We only named 8 when we could’ve named 9. 

We’ll be saddled with 3 or 4 very unhappy, unused & expensive players in the squad. 

We need 3 or 4 but we'll get the square root of f**k all in. We may have signed 11 players but i've yet to see anything in Morris, Roberts injured so there's no judgement on him and Richardson seems unsure of what he's doing. But we've looked like we'll struggle to break teams down this season. Probably seems strange to say since we've scored plenty of goals but that's twice been against 10 men and last night in extra time against part timers. 

Edited by DunbartonshireRed

7 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

I still think we'll pick up one player.

The issue with picking up another midfielder is that Barron is still to come back.

IF we are only to get one player, it should be a defender & one that can play right back and centre back.

We can’t be having McCrorie & an untried Milne as centre bwck cover. 
Norman Bates has more chance than David Bates of getting a game. 

7 minutes ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

We need 3 or 4 but we'll get the square root of f**k all in. We may have signed 11 players but i've yet to see anything in Morris, Roberts injured so there's no judgement on him and Richardson seems unsure of what he's doing. But we've looked like we'll struggle to break teams down this season. Probably seems strange to say since ae've scored plenty of goals but that's twice been against 19 men and last night in extra time against part timers. 

Aberdeen fan < Positivity.

Plus if we've been winning against 19 men, we've nothing to worry about.

What's the story with Ramirez? I know he's been a wee whiny bitch but wasn't he semi decent?

He was brilliant up until the start of this year but he chucked it after Glass got sacked and his family aren’t enjoying their time in Aberdeen. We’ve brought in Miovski who is an upgrade and also given him Ramirez’s number 9 shirt so it’s clear he’s not in Goodwin’s plans.

Edit: I see Hearts are after CR on loan.

1 minute ago, lubo_blaha said:

He was brilliant up until the start of this year but he chucked it after Glass got sacked and his family aren’t enjoying their time in Aberdeen. We’ve brought in Miovski who is an upgrade and also given him Ramirez’s number 9 shirt so it’s clear he’s not in Goodwin’s plans.

Edit: I see Hearts are after CR on loan.

To be honest I forgot Aberdeen had shagged him out "his" number.

Why would we loan him to one of our main competitors when he leaves at the end of the year? Surely if he goes there we ask for decent money [emoji383]? 

It would free up a significant wage and get an unhappy player out of the squad.

I’m quite surprised that they’re after him, he’s very similar to Shankland IMO.

It's a weird one, because he's clearly a good player and will score double figures for anyone in the league. The kind of player we would have killed for when Rooney left. But I would pick Miovski over him every day, and Duk is much better at coming on and changing the game/offering a different dynamic. Ramirez is very expensive for a backup striker, and he isn't happy being a backup.

Goodwin made a big point of the new players having big personalities but no egos, and I think CR9(9 😁) is the wrong fit. Bit like Shankland and Anderson, maybe. They are good examples of why I don't want him to go to another team in our league - he'll do really well if he is made to feel special and gets decent service. Just watch him bang in 15+ goals for Hearts if he goes there.