The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

6 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

Annan started selling tickets yesterday so I imagine we won't be far behind

https://www.facebook.com/AnnanAthleticFc/posts/pfbid0pwRP1oqHZ4wZvSrPesSBvjfr4DS3FnwuqEHsi41ugn2aRu9wfXBMRdRjF4nmqH1l

I wonder how much tickets we'll get and if there will be enough for everyone that wants one?

Also, I was going to bus down to Glasgow, meet my mate and then was hoping to jump on a Glasgow Reds bus?

Does anyone know if they still run by the guy Malcolm Riddell that's on the AFC site?

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Quite surprised that Goodwin talking about a creative player being the one more to come in today. I was convinced we’d be looking for centre half cover. 

It could be that he sees Stewart, Scales, McCrorie and Milne as four players covering two positions. 

26 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It could be that he sees Stewart, Scales, McCrorie and Milne as four players covering two positions. 

If Milne is good enough to play for the 1st team then we shouldn’t be getting another CB in. Hopefully Goodwin likes him enough to rely on him as backup already. Wouldn’t have started him against Celtic as he would have likely had a rough game, but next time either scales or Stewart are out against a smaller team at home Milne could step in?

I wonder how much tickets we'll get and if there will be enough for everyone that wants one?
Also, I was going to bus down to Glasgow, meet my mate and then was hoping to jump on a Glasgow Reds bus?
Does anyone know if they still run by the guy Malcolm Riddell that's on the AFC site?
Hi ya
We exist as a club but don't run buses. We tend to use public transport and get the occasional minibus.
Looks like we'll be heading in a few cars but if plans change will let you know. Perhaps an Aberdeen based bus could pick you up on route although they'll by pass the city so would probably need to get to Bothwell services or similar

3 hours ago, tarapoa said:

On the seats - a lot of very rusty and loose bolts that never seem to be fixed all over the ground. That is something the club could do a bit better at sorting.

Agree. My season ticket is in RDS and the seat is wrecked - couple of bolts missing. I make my son sit on it… 👀

3 hours ago, tarapoa said:

I think they have to be seeing to be trying to crack down on this to stay on the right side of the police/ authorities - but in reality I think the powers-that-be at the club love the positive effect the Red Shed has had.

On the seats - a lot of very rusty and loose bolts that never seem to be fixed all over the ground. That is something the club could do a bit better at sorting.

Why do they have to? And even if they do, could it lose the condescending tone maybe?

“Pyrotechnics are inherently dangerous and present a risk of serious injury to those who discharge them and those around them." yet fourteen were discharged and miraculously zero people were injured. Give me a fucking break. :lol:

47 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Why do they have to? And even if they do, could it lose the condescending tone maybe?

“Pyrotechnics are inherently dangerous and present a risk of serious injury to those who discharge them and those around them." yet fourteen were discharged and miraculously zero people were injured. Give me a fucking break. :lol:

firework_safety_vids.jpg.a0af8b18f7cc546ba4c27aa68eda0b46.jpg

Was all over social media last season. That's why folk were calling it the 'Ned Shed'.

At right, I think I remember those. I thought there were videos of the seats that were meant to be damaged last weekend.

There will be isolated incidents of idiots jumping on seats but the vast majority of issues with the seats at Pittodrie will be because the structures are several decades old and have been poorly maintained. Look at the changing colour of the South Stand, it’s been slowly changing to all red over the years because the ground is falling to bits and the seats constantly need replaced. The club have never claimed that South Stand seats breaking is down to our own fans vandalising them, yet that is apparently the case in the Merkland.

14 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

At right, I think I remember those. I thought there were videos of the seats that were meant to be damaged last weekend.

There will be isolated incidents of idiots jumping on seats but the vast majority of issues with the seats at Pittodrie will be because the structures are several decades old and have been poorly maintained. Look at the changing colour of the South Stand, it’s been slowly changing to all red over the years because the ground is falling to bits and the seats constantly need replaced. The club have never claimed that South Stand seats breaking is down to our own fans vandalising them, yet that is apparently the case in the Merkland.

Yeah that's all fair enough.

4 hours ago, glasgow-sheep said:

Hi ya
We exist as a club but don't run buses. We tend to use public transport and get the occasional minibus.
Looks like we'll be heading in a few cars but if plans change will let you know. Perhaps an Aberdeen based bus could pick you up on route although they'll by pass the city so would probably need to get to Bothwell services or similar

Ok thanks for the response and the info. And if your plans do change and you decide on the minibus then you'll definitely have two seats filled.

Other than that though, it's back to the drawing board. I could check the Aberdeen based option but they probably won't be keen on stopping given the distance.

10 hours ago, HibsFan said:

You do realise that they are banned from every ground in the country. 

Apparently Rogic is still without a club and won't be going to Nicosia. Won't post the link so as to prevent the Daily Ranger getting further hits.

If the Dons haven't at least enquired about him they're doing it wrong.

16 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Apparently Rogic is still without a club and won't be going to Nicosia. Won't post the link so as to prevent the Daily Ranger getting further hits.

If the Dons haven't at least enquired about him they're doing it wrong.

Rogic is brilliant but I'd rather the manager chooses players he's decided fit his system, rather than a big name.