The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

There is no way Ryan Duncan is going to be away from the club apart from on loan.

Aye, so like I said then?

Also to the other poster, I don’t think Clarkson counts as vying for a front 4 spot, would imagine he will always play in one of the ‘2’ in a 4-2-3-1, with Barron going into the #10 if anyone. He’s not even on the list of the 8 guys fighting for the front 4 spots. Healthy competition I guess!

9 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Ryan Duncan is a right winger.

Left sided, but plays wide right. 

Right enough, he was playing right wing for Peterhead against us last season. Very direct which is what I really like about him.

Read in the paper yesterday that Goodwin wants to run with 22 players including Jack Milne and Ryan Duncan.

JG said talks have already been had with players that aren't likely to feature. McLennan has got to be one of them. Surely he'll go and not just be contempt picking up his final years wage before leaving.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Right enough, he was playing right wing for Peterhead against us last season. Very direct which is what I really like about him.

Read in the paper yesterday that Goodwin wants to run with 22 players including Jack Milne and Ryan Duncan.

JG said talks have already been had with players that aren't likely to feature. McLennan has got to be one of them. Surely he'll go and not just be contempt picking up his final years wage before leaving.

McLennan & Watkins will leave. 
And if anyone wants Bates, he’ll be gone too.

Jim Goodwin initially said Ryan Duncan would be here until January, then it would be reviewed.

I personally think he’d be better loaned out to keep his progress going. 
Cove would be as good a place as any for him. 

35 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

McLennan & Watkins will leave. 
And if anyone wants Bates, he’ll be gone too.

Jim Goodwin initially said Ryan Duncan would be here until January, then it would be reviewed.

I personally think he’d be better loaned out to keep his progress going. 
Cove would be as good a place as any for him. 

McLennan, we should enquire about, but he'll likely have other options. If any SPL club is interested he won't come to us.

Watkins I suspect will go back down South and who knows about Bates, he seems open to trying another European adventure.

Would be frustrating to see Ryan Duncan continually sitting on the bench until January getting the odd 5-10 minutes.

31 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

McLennan, we should enquire about, but he'll likely have other options. If any SPL club is interested he won't come to us.

Watkins I suspect will go back down South and who knows about Bates, he seems open to trying another European adventure.

Would be frustrating to see Ryan Duncan continually sitting on the bench until January getting the odd 5-10 minutes.

McLennan will feel he's above the second tier - and I reckon will be angling for L1/L2 down south, if not another top flight Scottish club.  His agent better make sure his YouTube reel goes back a few years, as a more recent one would involve a succession of heavy touches and fouling defenders or running the ball out of play needlessly.  My Martin Boyle career comparison theory on him is being tested, but no doubt if he leaves us, that will end up happening.

Would be a shame if Watkins left, as he definitely offers something a bit different. If he knows he'll have limited game time, then maybe he's pushing for the move himself.

Bates remains curious given Goodwin went out of his way to explain that he expected much better from him with a pre-season under his belt, and playing more in his preferred position.  Maybe just too expensive to be a squad player, but given the Legia Warsaw golden egg has disappeared, maybe we're stuck with him.

Agree that Chievo R**g**s (or Arbroath) makes sense for Ryan Duncan, as they are playing at a good level, p/t and allow continued training at Cormack Park. 

Edited by tarapoa

4 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

McLennan will feel he's above the second tier - and I reckon will be angling for L1/L2 down south, if not another top flight Scottish club.  His agent better make sure his YouTube reel goes back a few years, as a more recent one would involve a succession of heavy touches and fouling defenders or running the ball out of play needlessly.  My Martin Boyle career comparison theory on him is being tested, but no doubt if he leaves us, that will end up happening.

Would be a shame if Watkins left, as he definitely offers something a bit different. If he knows he'll have limited game time, then maybe he's pushing for the move himself.

Bates remains curious given Goodwin went out of his way to explain that he expected much better from him with a pre-season under his belt, and playing more in his preferred position.  Maybe just too expensive to be a squad player, but given the Legia Warsaw golden egg has disappeared, maybe we're stuck with him.

Agree that Chievo R**g**s (or Arbroath) makes sense for Ryan Duncan, as they are p/t, playing at a good level and allow continued training at Cormack Park. 

You can see a St Johnstone, Livi or Killie trying to sign McLennan. Whether he'd get a regular starting place at any of them or just end up warming their bench / being a sub I'm not sure.

Also wouldn't put it pass Hartley trying to take him down South. Seen he was at the Raith game a few weeks back.

4 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

McLennan has got to be one of them. Surely he'll go and not just be contempt picking up his final years wage before leaving.

There will be plenty contempt if he does, but suspect his latest contract was a decent one and it would be fair to say he's hardly kicked a ball since - other than setting up the odd second touch tackle.

48 minutes ago, Wellington said:

Another player Cove Should look at is Magnus Watson at Bank’s oDee a right sided player with phenomenal pace.

Never heard of him but always thought we should scout the lower leagues. Apart from Towler from the Dons, Jim McIntyre has taken in dross in McDonagh and Luis Longstaff.

See Arbroath took Shanks from Locos on a 3 year deal. A player I've always thought that could do well higher up the leagues is Scott Barbour of Fraserburgh.

Thought the Dons could have used the same philosophy and go for our star player of recent seasons, Harry Milne. He's well ahead of the likes of Towler, Hancock, Mackenzie in my opinion.

5 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

The AFC site has Annan Athletic with the Bosnians NK Siroki Brijeg badge!!

Am I correct in saying that ticket info regarding this match has yet to be forthcoming?

Screenshot_2022-08-11-06-43-48-19_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.8171e41936f6b4af248888c088ca435d.jpg

Annan started selling tickets yesterday so I imagine we won't be far behind

https://www.facebook.com/AnnanAthleticFc/posts/pfbid0pwRP1oqHZ4wZvSrPesSBvjfr4DS3FnwuqEHsi41ugn2aRu9wfXBMRdRjF4nmqH1l

Edited by NorthernLights

7 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

The AFC site has Annan Athletic with the Bosnians NK Siroki Brijeg badge!!

Am I correct in saying that ticket info regarding this match has yet to be forthcoming?

Screenshot_2022-08-11-06-43-48-19_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.8171e41936f6b4af248888c088ca435d.jpg

Supporters clubs got the ticket form for Annan yesterday. 

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

Oof!

Coulson back training next week.

The two injuries have proven to be the opposite of what we were lead to believe when Goodwin discussed them, but given the implications/current alternatives then Coulson becomes a more important one to get fit again sooner.

4 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Well that’s one way to kill the goodwill with the fans.

Some cheek to blame seats breaking on anything other than decades of neglect from the club.

I think they have to be seeing to be trying to crack down on this to stay on the right side of the police/ authorities - but in reality I think the powers-that-be at the club love the positive effect the Red Shed has had.

On the seats - a lot of very rusty and loose bolts that never seem to be fixed all over the ground. That is something the club could do a bit better at sorting.