The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

52 minutes ago, Afc69 said:

I don’t know the identity of the player we are apparently signing tomorrow but it links into us dropping our interest in McGrath

You should ask @McG as he is the one with the inside track on Aberdeen transfers these days.

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You should ask @McG as he is the one with the inside track on Aberdeen transfers these days.

🤣

Has he made a big a tit of himself as Scott Burns?

Dave Cormack has said McGrath wanted to come to Aberdeen, but WE rejected the deal.

Thats a few times Scott Burns credibility has been shot to shit. 

And @McG is clearly clueless 🤡

20 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

🤣

Has he made a big a tit of himself as Scott Burns?

Dave Cormack has said McGrath wanted to come to Aberdeen, but WE rejected the deal.

Thats a few times Scott Burns credibility has been shot to shit. 

And @McG is clearly clueless 🤡

Tbf @McG said a while ago that Ronan won't be coming. 

Was quite vague but came across that Ronan didn't think much of Jim.

Sevco game next month will presumably now be a Sunday, unless they turn this round against the Royal Unionists.

There was an identical header to Welsh’s to make it 3-0 at the end, but there was Tavernier on the far post with an easy clearance.
Which does beg the question why we omitted to position someone there on Sunday.

7 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Sevco game next month will presumably now be a Sunday, unless they turn this round against the Royal Unionists.

There was an identical header to Welsh’s to make it 3-0 at the end, but there was Tavernier on the far post with an easy clearance.

36 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Back in the day having a man on both posts was a given.

Seems a no brainier to me. 

There's an article in the athletic that covers this, which I have linked. https://theathletic.com/2861228/2021/10/05/why-players-are-no-longer-on-the-posts-when-defending-corners/

If you're too lazy to click the link, the important bit states that if you don't have players on the posts, there is a 2.1% chance of conceding a goal, but if you do put players on the post, then there's a 2.7% chance of conceding a goal. This makes sense because the defenders on the post are passive, and only become part of the defence if the opponent get a shot at goal, whereas if they are involved in the defending of the corner, then the opponents are much less likely to have a shot at goal, and in turn score.

They took this stat from here: https://spielverlagerung.com/2019/12/06/tactical-theory-set-pieces/ which in turn took it from the sloan sports conference in 2018, which I can't find anywhere (I didn't look for very long), so I'm not entirely sure how much data they have sifted through to get to that conclusion.