The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

20 minutes ago, McG said:

McGrath knocking Goodwin back and I’ve also heard Ronan has no intention of signing for Goodwin either. 

McGrath - never seen the fuss. Penalty merchant & not a huge amount else, as League One Wigan found out last season.

Ronan was always a long shot. 
He’ll get a gig with a good Championship club.

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

Is it too obvious Burns has a massive chip on his shoulder in terms of the way he’s reporting it 

Absolutely. It’s laughable the way he’s slanted it. 
I was told our interest in McGrath cooled a while back. 
Burns acts like a jilted lover because he’s no clue what’s going on at Pittodrie now, after Jim Goodwin turfed him out on his arse. 

On 30/01/2022 at 19:49, DrewDon said:

Feels like this is trundling slowly towards the inevitable conclusion of McGrath signing a pre-contract agreement with Dundee United. 

Not quite a pre-contract, but never has a player had bigger 'Dundee United' vibes than Jamie McGrath. 

Just now, Thenorthernlight said:

Absolutely. It’s laughable the way he’s slanted it. 
I was told our interest in McGrath cooled a while back. 
Burns acts like a jilted lover because he’s no clue what’s going on at Pittodrie now, after Jim Goodwin turfed him out on his arse. 

There’s no question in my mind that we have cooled our interest in McGrath as we have lined up someone else, clearing the way for Utd to swoop. Not quite as Burns has reported it.

I don’t know the identity of the player we are apparently signing tomorrow but it links into us dropping our interest in McGrath

4 minutes ago, Afc69 said:

There’s no question in my mind that we have cooled our interest in McGrath as we have lined up someone else, clearing the way for Utd to swoop. Not quite as Burns has reported it.

I don’t know the identity of the player we are apparently signing tomorrow but it links into us dropping our interest in McGrath

Which is what I’d been told. 
McGrath was about a plan C if what I’d heard is accurate. 

3 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

Quite a few reports Ronan is wanting to stay at Wolves having impressed there in pre-season.

Can't say I'm too fussed over McGrath.

No surprise really. He's 24 now and this season is likely his last chance to impress at Wolves. Even though he signed a new deal not that long ago would have to imagine if he's punted out on loan again that he'd be away next summer. 

He did say he was open to a loan though which I think was always much more likely for us than being able to sign him permanently.