The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

So, the crazy chat the nicht fae that mentalist space that is the Hat - strong suggestion that an established player on the wye oot - Hayes wanted by Hairts, Vinny nae happy on the wye oot, 2 clubs have met the buy oot clause for Miovski - Grenada and an English Championship side. Jist fan ahthing wis looking so good…..😂

1 hour ago, Afc69 said:

She’s a hairdresser, isn’t she?

Aye, think so. Some total ba heids on that AFC Chat - I lurk and it’s a really strange set o people on there. Though I see the news aboot the Bates deal being cancelled has been confirmed.

Not the medical then.

🆕 From what I hear, David Bates will not play in 
@LegiaWarszawa
 ... On Thursday the stopwatch passed medical tests (positive), but today it was decided that Legia will decide on a different option. The footballer is expected to return to Scotland on Friday. 

200.gif

You do wonder if someone at their club or even their fans had a wee gander at our social media and “intervened”.

If something seems too good to be true then it normally is - my view was a Berra replacement at Kirkcaldy was more his level.

Going by the Polish account I've seen being retweeted it sounds like Bates and another player were largely being used as backup options or to put pressure on another centre half that was their first choice and as soon as he agreed to sign Bates and the other guy were fucked off home pretty quick. 

On 28/07/2022 at 13:30, Tattie36 said:

On the contrary, I would be amazed if he hasn’t been brought in as cover. That’s not to say that he won’t  play his way into a starting place if and when he gets his opportunity.

It’s incredibly difficult to usurp an incumbent if their doing a good job, especially a 19 year old with a handful of first team games under his belt. Our current back four have been playing together for 4 or 5 seasons now and only conceded 28 goals in 36 games last season. Out of the 4, our left back Colin Hamilton is admittedly, probably the very slight weak link, however last season was probably his best for us and he’s a huge favourite of the management. We have cover for right back and Hamilton can move inside and play centre half if needed so that may be another avenue for  Hancock to get game time at LB.

There’s also more chance of me getting a ride from Salma Hayek then Ricky Little or Tam O’Brien getting dropped.

We had a very promising, highly rated, young left back/centre half playing for us last season in Liam Henderson but he barely got a sniff at the back and played a lot of the games he did play out of position on the left of midfield. You won’t be surprised to learn that he left close season to drop a league to Falkirk where I imagine he’ll play every week.

ETA I think Colin Hamilton may have a couple of games suspension coming up so there’s an early opportunity for Hancock to show what he can do.

Never say never...