The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

6 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Yes, I've read a lot of this, and I've obviously no idea as I haven't seen us play. Nevertheless, despite all the worry and angst, no goals conceded yet. Anything less than a 7 or 8 goal scudding against them could nearly be considered a win, so let's take it from there.

It could be a pre-season anxiety barometer,  but I'm back in P&B only to find an advert for Andrex waiting for me.. 

Know nothing at all about Hayden Coulston, but his stats don’t make great reading. 6 games played on loan to Ipswich last season before being recalled by Middlesbrough due to lack of games, then loaned out for the second half of the season to Peterborough to play only another 5 games. 

27 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Know nothing at all about Hayden Coulston, but his stats don’t make great reading. 6 games played on loan to Ipswich last season before being recalled by Middlesbrough due to lack of games, then loaned out for the second half of the season to Peterborough to play only another 5 games. 

🎶Our treatment table brings all the boys to the yard.🎶

Boro fan.... Decent signing. He's great going forward as a LWB or winger. He's had a couple of poor loans due to injury. Just needs a run of games👍

7 hours ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Boro fan.... Decent signing. He's great going forward as a LWB or winger. He's had a couple of poor loans due to injury. Just needs a run of games👍

That pretty much underlines what I had said earlier. Played hardly any games, had injuries and unsure where he should play.

When you mentioned it the other day, I was a little surprised because the level he showed with us was nowhere near the sorts of levels you'd need at the bottom of the table, let alone vying at the top of it.

Nothing against the guy, but I'll be surprised if he plays anything more than a late sub/cover role for you lot.

19 minutes ago, Ric said:

That pretty much underlines what I had said earlier. Played hardly any games, had injuries and unsure where he should play.

When you mentioned it the other day, I was a little surprised because the level he showed with us was nowhere near the sorts of levels you'd need at the bottom of the table, let alone vying at the top of it.

Nothing against the guy, but I'll be surprised if he plays anything more than a late sub/cover role for you lot.

Think he will be  our left back..  sounds like he offers more going forward than what we got there .    Wouldn’t be surprised see him start on Sunday .. Few Boro fans seem think he will be decent signing ..Time will tell .

7 minutes ago, logie skid boys said:

Think he will be  our left back..  sounds like he offers more going forward than what we got there .    Wouldn’t be surprised see him start on Sunday .. Few Boro fans seem think he will be decent signing ..Time will tell .

He's not a LB, and you'll see the quote from the Boro supporter that DickFingers posted highlights him going forward as his best asset. With us that was also the case. Wing back.. sure, left back? I doubt he'll be convincing.

Now to be fair, I'm certainly not going to claim to be some voice of authority here, and this was him playing in a Stubbs team destroyed by the idiots "man management", piss poor understanding of the game and his very questionable signing policy, and he did so pretty much briefly (with less than a dozen games for us, iirc).

40 minutes ago, logie skid boys said:

Don’t forget boro fans likely think they’re about 10 levels of football above us. 

Do they think he’s good enough for boro? 

11 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Don’t forget boro fans likely think they’re about 10 levels of football above us. 

Well obviously not ,aye I’m trusting few there local lads opinions , but he has a face that wouldn’t look out place walking down Logie Avenue with a roll up so I’ve good feeling he will be immense .. 

Edited by logie skid boys

46 minutes ago, Ric said:

He's not a LB, and you'll see the quote from the Boro supporter that DickFingers posted highlights him going forward as his best asset. With us that was also the case. Wing back.. sure, left back? I doubt he'll be convincing.

Now to be fair, I'm certainly not going to claim to be some voice of authority here, and this was him playing in a Stubbs team destroyed by the idiots "man management", piss poor understanding of the game and his very questionable signing policy, and he did so pretty much briefly (with less than a dozen games for us, iirc).

Like I said time will tell. We can come back to this about October /November time 

Just now, logie skid boys said:

Like I said time will tell. We can come back to this about October /November time 

Yeah, it's unfair to judge him on the limited spell he had with us, but going by the number of games he's managed to play over the years, not sure how many appearances you'll get out of him by Oct/Nov.

In general he seemed a nice enough guy off the pitch, and considering the utter Stubbs shit-storm he was dropped into with us, he could well have gone public with criticism but didn't. I don't think I've heard him say anything negative about the experience despite it clearly being a negative experience, so fair play to him for that.

2 hours ago, Ric said:

Yeah, it's unfair to judge him on the limited spell he had with us, but going by the number of games he's managed to play over the years, not sure how many appearances you'll get out of him by Oct/Nov.

In general he seemed a nice enough guy off the pitch, and considering the utter Stubbs shit-storm he was dropped into with us, he could well have gone public with criticism but didn't. I don't think I've heard him say anything negative about the experience despite it clearly being a negative experience, so fair play to him for that.

To be honest, nobody cares that he played a few games for St Mirren years ago. Let’s see how he is now and how he gets used in the squad. 

8 minutes ago, big al said:

To be honest, nobody cares that he played a few games for St Mirren years ago.

That's clearly not the case, and you'd be daft not to at least ask how a player, who few had even heard of, faired in the same league with a different team. The fact it's St Mirren is irrelevant.

I do agree with the second part of your statement, though, he shouldn't be judged on that previous spell.

53 minutes ago, Ric said:

That's clearly not the case, and you'd be daft not to at least ask how a player, who few had even heard of, faired in the same league with a different team. The fact it's St Mirren is irrelevant.

I do agree with the second part of your statement, though, he shouldn't be judged on that previous spell.

You're being fairly pernickety here. He played 6 times for St Mirren four years ago as a 20 year old. Absolutely no relevance. By the way, one of the 6 was a 4-0 defeat at Pittodrie. 

16 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Absolutely no relevance.

16 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

By the way, one of the 6 was a 4-0 defeat at Pittodrie. 

I'm impressed, you managed to contradict yourself in the same sentence. If it's of no relevance then why mention the game he played against you? ;)

You are right, of course, in that he'd played few games (it was 11 or 12, but only 6 of them league). The problems he had with us seemed to have followed him to every club he's been to, so perhaps some relevance.

Either way, we'll see if/when he gets a run of games.

5 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Read one 'boro fan say he was better under Woodgate than Djed Spence who Spurs paid £20m for then on the other hand all The Rangers & Celtic fans with AFC notifications on say he is shit.

🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, logie skid boys said:

he has a face that wouldn’t look out place walking down Logie Avenue with a roll up

Thought the same, said to a pal he looks like he's just came out of Nisa on Hayton Road with a carry oot.