The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Richardson looks a bit vulnerable in defence as well and the fact that there isn't an obvious backup/replacement for him if injuries or form don't go to plan besides Mccrorie is also a worry.

Changing Ramirez's number feels like creating an unnecessary issue. Especially if he isn't going soon. The numbers 7 and 11 were available when he signed so why not just promise one of those to Miovski? He wore 11 in Hungary so can't imagine it'd be that much of an issue.

Edited by Rodhull

3 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Yep. And I stand by that statement. Happily, given we have absolutely destroyed the LCGS at the first time of asking.

Mate, you support a team that hasn't even managed to be among the best three in the fucking Scottish Premiership for four years!

Barcelona you are not.

Get over yourself. 😀

Ideally, the standard of the opposition would be gradually increasing to acclimatise the new guys but unfortunately we're not going to get that luxury.

We can hope that our competitive action might make us a little sharper.

The defensive situation for next week is concerning. It looks like it will be Roos-Hancock-Richardson-McCrorie-Stewart. Scales looks to be a big miss already.

Nevertheless, the League Cup group stages couldn't have went much better for us so a good performance in Glasgow would make for a solid start.

6 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Mate, you support a team that hasn't even managed to be among the best three in the fucking Scottish Premiership for four years!

Barcelona you are not.

Get over yourself. 😀

I'm fairly certain we're doing better on average over those four years than Hearts...

6 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

I'm fairly certain we're doing better on average over those four years than Hearts...

I can only imagine the gasps at breakfast tables around Europe as people opened their newspapers and dropped their cups. Jaw drops. Coffee cup smashes on the floor.

'What is it, papa?'

'It's Aberdeen! Their playing in THE LEAGUE CUP GROUP STAGES!'

'Papa, that can't be! IT CAN'T BE!!!!'

How to stop children from whining, guaranteed to get them to stop

Edited by VincentGuerin

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

I can only imagine the gasps at breakfast tables around Europe as people opened their newspapers and dropped their cups. Jaw drops. Coffee cup smashes on the floor.

'What is it, papa?'

I'm surprised you took the time to create such a lovely allegory, to essentially say....you're correct Illgresi.

2 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Also, I might have some sympathy for Ramirez if he hadn't left us in the lurch at a really low point last season. But you can't pull a stunt like that and then act up when it transpires that the club might be doubting your commitment and not fancy you hanging around. 

You reckon Goodwin is calling him a flake? 

30 minutes ago, coprolite said:

You reckon Goodwin is calling him a flake? 

I think Goodwin probably knew that he needed Ramirez this pre-season until he had a proper alternative, so he was forced to bite his tongue a bit and accept there was no point pissing him off more by lashing out. But now that Miovski has arrived, he has a bit more leeway to remind him who is in charge and engage in a bit of low-level public humiliation. 

12 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

'What is it, papa?'

How to stop children from whining, guaranteed to get them to stop

Better to play 4 games in a league cup group rather than 36 in the championship as hearts regularly do