The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

9 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

When is Connor McLennan likely to take the well trodden path from Pittodrie to Balmoral? He's not getting a game for you boys this season and will surely be loaned out before he's kicked out by Goodwin?

Evan Towler is with us for the year. Was surprised we went for him, thought we'd try and ask for Ngwenya who's got more experience and probably needs a year, or two, in the Championship before challenging for a starting position in the SPL.

Big step up from L2 to the Championship for young Evan and made much harder currently by us having no left winger in front of him. Looks tenacious in the challenge but prone to a clumsy lunge or two. Offensively his delivery needs some improvement but that'll come with practice, time and confidence.

You really don't want McLennan do you?

Things can't be that bad at Cove?

33 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

You really don't want McLennan do you?

Things can't be that bad at Cove?

Getting a touch desperate must admit.

New manager in 5 weeks now,  only added 2 players and season is a week away. Don't have any wingers worth mentioning so difficult to play his adopted 4-4-2.

His 2 signings being your 5th choice left back and a 24 year old striker who has barely scored wherever he's been.

Was hoping we'd be able grovel at Goodwin's knees for at least a short term loan of Ryan Duncan but likely he'll be your backup to Matty Kennedy. Read JG said Ryan won't be considered for loan until at least January.

Next stop for loans will be Dundee United.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

6 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Getting a touch desperate must admit.

New manager in 5 weeks now,  only added 2 players andseason is a week away. Don't have any wingers worth mentioning so difficult to play his adopted 4-4-2.

His 2 signings being your 5th choice left back and a 24 year old striker who has barely scored wherever he's been.

Was hoping we'd be able grovel at Goodwin's knees for at least a short term loan of Ryan Duncan but likely he'll be your backup to Matty Kennedy. Read JG said Ryan won't be considered for loan until at least January.

Next stop for loans will be Dundee United.

Give us Richard Gordon and we’ll talk. 

On 16/07/2022 at 16:49, Bogbrush1903 said:

Is Ramirez actually staying? I'm assuming he'll be leaving after the MSL transfer window opens and we have our recently signed strikers available.

The MLS transfer window opened July 7 and closes pretty early in August I'm sure.

Goodwin namechecked Ramirez in his post-match interview, saying he is still very much part of his plans so we shall see. I assumed he'd have been away too.

48 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

FAO Red Shed - here's a song for you to try out against Raith Town FC:

We love you, Bojan

We do

We love you, Miovski

We do

We love you, Cormack

We do

Oh, Bojan Miovski Cormack we love you!

FTFY

Who was the last Portuguese player before Duk to play for Aberdeen?

I feel like I'm forgetting about someone but on the 30th July 1996 we played Olympiakos of Piraeus in a pre-season friendly and ex-Benfica player Samuel Quina, who had played for Benfica six years previously in the 1990 European Cup Final, turned out in central defence for the Dons.

We lost 6-0 and he was never seen again in a Dons shirt.

8 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Who was the last Portuguese player before Duk to play for Aberdeen?

I feel like I'm forgetting about someone but on the 30th July 1996 we played Olympiakos of Piraeus in a pre-season friendly and ex-Benfica player Samuel Quina, who had played for Benfica six years previously in the 1990 European Cup Final, turned out in central defence for the Dons.

We lost 6-0 and he was never seen again in a Dons shirt.

Friendlies don't count, surely.  And Duk's footballing nationality is Cape Verde, apparently.  If Duk is Portugese, then Simmie is English, and that kinda doesn't feel right...

I have no idea if anyone from either Portugal or Cape Verde has ever played a competitive match for the Dons.  

1 hour ago, resk said:

Friendlies don't count, surely.  And Duk's footballing nationality is Cape Verde, apparently.  If Duk is Portugese, then Simmie is English, and that kinda doesn't feel right...

I have no idea if anyone from either Portugal or Cape Verde has ever played a competitive match for the Dons.  

Good point, I forgot he was a Cape Verde cap.

Samuel Quina was actually born in Guinea-Bissau but was a Portuguese cap.

His son, Domingos Quina, plays for Watford and was formerly with West Ham United.

Maybe we could attract him to the club citing the family connection, although I'd imagine Samuel is trying to forget about his one solitary appearance in an Aberdeen shirt.

On 22/07/2022 at 14:16, Steve_Wilkos said:

FAO Red Shed - here's a song for you to try out against Raith Town FC:

We love you, Bojan

We do

We love you, Miovski

We do

We love you, Cormack

We do

Oh, Bojan Miovski we love you!

That Ivor Novello award winning material, Steve. 👏