The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

12 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

During the war, the French put their weakest, less battle ready troops to defend the border area that stretches along the Ardennes because they didn't think the Germans could penetrate the difficult terrain.

However, the Germans got through so they decided to move their strongest troops into the region to halt the Germans progression but it was too late and the Nazis marched onwards Paris.

By moving in their strongest troops to protect the weakest ones, they had made a tactical move but it failed because the damage had already been done.

Does that give you an idea of what tactics are?

The team had been doing quite well at the start of the season until Glass made wholesale changes in Kirkcaldy by lining up with the weaker troops. Gurr was one of the less battle ready ones.

We lost the game because John McGlynn had learned from the first half where Raith should attack.

The game was already sliding away from us, even at 1-1, when Glass panicked. He tried to shore things up with his strongest troops when the opposition already had their tails up and the momentum was swinging towards the home team.

Gurr's mistake wasn't just a momentary lapse in concentration. He had been put under serious pressure, as had all the defence, during the second half and he was flustered. Their second goal had been on the cards.

Fascinating insight into an example of tactics in a military conflict.

But still no explanation as to what it was that Glass made a pig's ear of in relation to the substitutions in that game.

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I have a small hunch that the duk may be a bit of an underwhelming signing. 

Based on little to nothing but I’m sticking with it 

Doesn’t sound like he’s going to be an automatic first pick going by Handsome Jim’s recent comments 

One to be developed, potentially a supporting act to Ramirez and Mivoski

I’m choosing to believe this is a red herring, that he’ll be amazing and we’ll sell him for £10 million in a couple of years 

13 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Doesn’t sound like he’s going to be an automatic first pick going by Handsome Jim’s recent comments 

I’m choosing to believe this is a red herring, that he’ll be amazing and we’ll sell him for £10 million in a couple of years 

Yeah I feel like this is the equivalent of us signing a Calum hendry. Just in our new sexy, continental way. 

3 hours ago, A96 said:

Fascinating insight into an example of tactics in a military conflict.

But still no explanation as to what it was that Glass made a pig's ear of in relation to the substitutions in that game.

Having a host of first team players as substitutes in the first place

Leaving Jack Gurr on

Waiting until the game had already started to swing in the oppositions favour and then changing about quarter of the team at once rather than making gradual changes

Protecting the players by rest them before the Euro tie and still ended up losing one of those protected to a long-term injury (Hedges)

Having nobody to replace Hedges because he had used up all his options in panic

But don't  bother replying with more shite. It was a throwaway comment about what I remembered about 12 months ago, and the moment I started thinking Glass was going to be rank.

I'm wrong, you're right, you win.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Is Ramirez actually staying? I'm assuming he'll be leaving after the MSL transfer window opens and we have our recently signed strikers available.

On 16/07/2022 at 11:43, betting competition said:

These prices are disgraceful and I know every club does it. Thains pittodrie pie is £2.60 on deliveroo so why the £1.50 increase 

20220716_114010.jpg

Football fans are treated like cattle by their own clubs.  In what other industry would that “menu” being regarded as anything other than a joke?    There’s no reason whatsoever that clubs (including my own) provide utter crap by way of food and beverage. 

43 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Football fans are treated like cattle by their own clubs.  In what other industry would that “menu” being regarded as anything other than a joke?    There’s no reason whatsoever that clubs (including my own) provide utter crap by way of food and beverage. 

Most entertainment or leisure venues are the same. The operators pay a lot for the concession and don't want to spend any more on staff or ingredients.