The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Why was Ramirez’s goal chalked off last night?

Kennedy interfering with the goalie was the only thing anyone could see in the replays. He was to the side of the keeper so feel it was a poor decision. He booked Vinny when he tried to get back up and play on for what would probably have been a goal as well. See losing Madden hasn’t helped our luck with the refs so far anyway. Got a lot of bad calls last season. 
Not sure why the goal on Sunday was chalked off at Peterhead either. Was right in front of us and we were up on the wall so had a great view .

22 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Jim saying they're expecting some positive news regarding Jack Milne's contract extension in the coming days.

Never seen him play but hearing he is going to be the next Jaap Stam once they juice him up. Anybody have the low down on this particular cog in the mega millions academy conveyor belt?

And how good is Kennedy looking, all you naysayers writing him off as pish last season! disgraceful....

14 hours ago, big al said:

Played 2 part timers, not in a place to judge yet. Everyone feeling the changes will be for the better but give it a few months then let’s see (hopefully!).

Things looked sexy at the start of the Glass reign but turned out the euro opponents couldn’t have been up to much. 
Put it like this, got a lot more excitement at the start of last season. Hopefully the flair is yet to added to the team though.

Not really. I was pretty positive but there was a lot of posts, @tarapoa being a main one who said let's see how we get on when teams aren't playing open football and leaving loads of space at the back etc.

I chalked it up to Derek fans being a bit bitter but they were correct.

Could hardly accuse the opposition of leaving gaps all over the place against us. Both have sat in with a 4-5-1 formation. That's what we struggled with last year.

11 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Not really. I was pretty positive but there was a lot of posts, @tarapoa being a main one who said let's see how we get on when teams aren't playing open football and leaving loads of space at the back etc.

Could hardly accuse the opposition of leaving gaps all over the place against us. Both have sat in with a 4-5-1 formation. That's what we struggled with last year.

I was one too. I think it’s undeniable that a lot of the sides on the continent play good stuff technically but can be exploited when they leave gaps and aren’t that good. Breidablik in particular fall into that category. 

Translating that into the domestic game was always a challenge. 

And yes, Im a bitter Derek fan 😉

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I was one too. I think it’s undeniable that a lot of the sides on the continent play good stuff technically but can be exploited when they leave gaps and aren’t that good. Breidablik in particular fall into that category. 

Translating that into the domestic game was always a challenge. 

And yes, Im a bitter Derek fan 😉

The bitterest.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

I was positive too until that Sunday I travelled down to Kirkcaldy. It wasn't so much the defeat but the complete pig's ear he made of the substitutions that started me thinking he didn't know what we was doing. However, I could barely listen to his interviews from the very start. I found his demeanour extremely irritating.

Up until that point, things had been fairly positive, the hammering of Hacken, the goal fest in Iceland followed by a battling home win, a routine home win against United, a last minute win on the plastic pitch in West Lothian.

The manner of defeat in Sweden I had brushed off as taking the foot off the gas after winning the tie at home. With hindsight, it was an indication of things to come...

BK Hacken would finish the 2021 Allsvenskan 12th out of 16

Edited by Bogbrush1903

15 hours ago, 72redz said:

Jist nae getting the hyper critique - so far we’ve shown a lot mair incision in terms of oor general play. Defensively I think Stewart and Scales are an improved pairing and distribution is better. Aye, we’re a work in process and we could do wi a puckle o additions, but, I can see fae this team is going - much improved on last year.

That's the main thing, couldn't possibly be worse than last season, if it was, we'd have to be seriously worried.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

There's always that balance between entertaining the fans and having the ability to grind out the wins in this league.

Derek admittedly could go too much into grind it out mode (especially in his latter years), but Glass went the opposite and whilst it often made our performances more credible against the better sides, we were naive and relatively easy to work out for the other clubs in the league.

Hopefully JG can blend us into something that can manage this better.  Early signs are that Stewart/Scales will look to play out when it's on, but also just get rid if it's not.

There's nothing more entertaining than winning if you're a fan. Panache comes second, and will happen now and again provided there is a winning habit.  That includes having to find ways to beat all the 10-men behind the ball brigades that will double-up on our ball players at Pittodrie.  They already seem to have a free hit on Vinnie.

These LC sections need to be a one-season deal only.

Milne

Barron

Hancock

Harvey

Besuijen

Mivoski

Duncan

Polvara

Ngwenga

That’s a pile of young talent in the squad

If even 2 or 3 of them go for big bucks in a year or two and the Academy keeps churning them out we’re laughing 

Edited by Frank Grimes

Great news on Jack Milne - liked what I've seen so far.

Need to get Barron sorted - JG 'envisaged no problems'  but that was 2 or 3 three weeks ago. Does he possibly have some scurrilous agent hawking him around the place?

13 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Great news on Jack Milne - liked what I've seen so far.

Need to get Barron sorted - JG 'envisaged no problems'  but that was 2 or 3 three weeks ago. Does he possibly have some scurrilous agent hawking him around the place?

Barron signed a new contract in January and has two years left. Should get a pay rise now he's a regular in the first team. 

17 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Barron signed a new contract in January and has two years left. Should get a pay rise now he's a regular in the first team. 

Only if he signs an extended deal.

2 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I was positive too until that Sunday I travelled down to Kirkcaldy. It wasn't so much the defeat but the complete pig's ear he made of the substitutions that started me thinking he didn't know what we was doing. However, I could barely listen to his interviews from the very start. I found his demeanour extremely irritating.

Up until that point, things had been fairly positive, the hammering of Hacken, the goal fest in Iceland followed by a battling home win, a routine home win against United, a last minute win on the plastic pitch in West Lothian.

The manner of defeat in Sweden I had brushed off as taking the foot off the gas after winning the tie at home. With hindsight, it was an indication of things to come...

BK Hacken would finish the 2021 Allsvenskan 12th out of 16

What was wrong with the substitutions he made against Raith ?