The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

I think it's fair to say we will not be selling our only striker to Aberdeen (or anyone else) anytime soon.

That said, I expect us to phase Boyce out next season. He's 31, he's in his last year, he only got 6 from open play in the league last season and he had about as many poor games as good from January. 

If we got Simms, Shankland and had another lined up then getting a bit of cash for him might be tempting. We're well off that scenario at the moment, though, and trying to make too many unnecessary changes to the squad usually doesn't go well for us.

44 minutes ago, DC92 said:

I think it's fair to say we will not be selling our only striker to Aberdeen (or anyone else) anytime soon.

That said, I expect us to phase Boyce out next season. He's 31, he's in his last year, he only got 6 from open play in the league last season and he had about as many poor games as good from January. 

If we got Simms, Shankland and had another lined up then getting a bit of cash for him might be tempting. We're well off that scenario at the moment, though, and trying to make too many unnecessary changes to the squad usually doesn't go well for us.

It's ok you can keep him. I don't think he fits into Goodwins style. Like you say he only got 6 from open play. Ramirez got 15. Would much rather keep him for the season. 

Boyce is clearly better than Ramirez but at this moment in time hearts are a more attractive prospect than us, unless we’re offering stupid money and if that’s the case then it’s a definite no from me. 

Boyce to Aberdeen just doesn’t make sense as a transfer. 

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Boyce is clearly better than Ramirez but at this moment in time hearts are a more attractive prospect than us, unless we’re offering stupid money and if that’s the case then it’s a definite no from me. 

Boyce to Aberdeen just doesn’t make sense as a transfer. 

swap for Gallagher is the only possible shout as I see it from the Dons perspective. Gallagher could be a decent signing for someone this summer

Looks like Goodwin is making the Dons hard to beat like he did at St Mirren,Scales is in the Considine mould can play centre half but can also play left back,Ramsey should've stayed for another season lets hope he doesn't end up in the graveyard of players that go to England never to play first team football with a healthy bank balance.