The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

6 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Same 

I’d rather we didn’t have to but the overreacting from some is bordering hysterical 

Hopefully he’s more Ryan Christie than Adam Montgomery 

you've just sold a player for Millions why are you begging loan players from a rival

I would obviously prefer there to be the option of permanency, but if a possible alternative to us taking him on loan is that he goes on loan to another Premiership team that we are actually more likely to be in direct competition with if we have a decent season (i.e. not Celtic) and he strengthens them, then I think there has to be a bit more nuance.

40 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Aye, if he improves the team then he’s a good signing (which won’t be difficult given the clowns we had a centre half last season).

Main thing I'm looking at as a positive is that it's better than 300k or so for Dunne.

24 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I can see why some are ok with it but it’s really not for me. 

I can’t accept bringing in a (presumably) key player who then can’t play in 3-4 league games and/or cup games against them. 

Obviously you have a point, but presumably the positives that Jim Goodwin sees that he will bring, outweigh the negatives.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Obviously you have a point, but presumably the positives that Jim Goodwin sees that he will bring, outweigh the negatives.

Aye, and that’s his judgement to make. I’m nae precious, I’ll admit if I’m wrong. 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Aye, and that’s his judgement to make. I’m nae precious, I’ll admit if I’m wrong. 

You’re obviously not wrong because he’s going to miss every game against Celtic, but he will hopefully help to keep out the other 10 teams. You have to wonder if both Gallagher and Bates will still be here come 2nd September.

18 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You’re obviously not wrong because he’s going to miss every game against Celtic, but he will hopefully help to keep out the other 10 teams. You have to wonder if both Gallagher and Bates will still be here come 2nd September.

Think Gallagher will be going , especially if the Stewart rumour comes about 

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I can see why some are ok with it but it’s really not for me. 

I can’t accept bringing in a (presumably) key player who then can’t play in 3-4 league games and/or cup games against them. 

There's also the possibility of him being recalled in January.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

There’s no getting away that it’s not what we wanted, but, and it’s a big but, we were 10th in the league last season because we lost so many mental goals. If he is going to come in and help to stabilise us for a year I’ll take it. Bottom line is if he is Ryan Christie great, if he is Adam Montgomery pish. 

I had a discussion recently on here about this. Montgomery I get being pissed off with as he wasn’t proven at this level or even really highly rated and we are essentially letting him make his rookie mistakes with another team. Christie on the other hand was really already a proven player in this league that Aberdeen would normally struggle to purchase this sort of talent. Scales is somewhere in between.

If he does well enough for you guys then Aberdeen will be in a better position to attact a suitable replacement. (back in Europe)

Might also be paying only a portion of his wage or something. 

If he's crap you punt him back.

Plenty of potential positives in a loan here. I also imagine this was all in the works long before the big transfer to Liverpool went through.