The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

22 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

McGrath agreed to sign for Hibs/Ross.

Hibs left it too later for the paperwork from memory 

I hope your not suggesting that our ultra professional recruitment team made a(nother) absolute fuckup?

Spoiler

Aye they did......in this case completed the paperwork and missed the deadline by 20 minutes 🤭

7 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I hope your not suggesting that our ultra professional recruitment team made a(nother) absolute fuckup?

Reveal hidden contents

Aye they did......in this case completed the paperwork and missed the deadline by 20 minutes 🤭

The signing of Bushiri is comedic genius. 

Sounds like you might get McGrath this time though. 

Guest ApathyAFC

Absolute joke! Improving one of there players for what! Watch' this will be a catastrophe. Look he's a decent player but having no right to buy is is sickening! We never learn do we?

Oh wow, I wasn't expecting it to be an overall positive response but I didn't expect nearly every reply to the tweet telling the club to f**k off because of it being a loan.

Aye, if he improves the team then he’s a good signing (which won’t be difficult given the clowns we had a centre half last season).

Guest ApathyAFC
13 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Oh wow, I wasn't expecting it to be an overall positive response but I didn't expect nearly every reply to the tweet telling the club to f**k off because of it being a loan.

Ok so let's say he' does ok minus the septic games obviously he then goes back improved & they use him or make a profit! No wonder fans are pissed off. My mild mannered mate who hates to criticise the club is even pissed off lol

24 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

No mention of right to buy etc.

There’s no getting away that it’s not what we wanted, but, and it’s a big but, we were 10th in the league last season because we lost so many mental goals. If he is going to come in and help to stabilise us for a year I’ll take it. Bottom line is if he is Ryan Christie great, if he is Adam Montgomery pish. 

The fact it's a loan is certainly a negative but I don't buy into this notion that we should never loan a player from either of the gruesome twosome for fear that we improve them. 

We were very close to the permanent signing of Ryan Christie after his two loan spells and there's nothing to say that if Scales does well and he is still deemed surplus to requirements at Parkhead next summer that he won't end up a Dons player on a permanent deal. Shutting yourself off from a potential source of players just 'coz' is pretty small minded in my opinion. 

12 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

There’s no getting away that it’s not what we wanted, but, and it’s a big but, we were 10th in the league last season because we lost so many mental goals. If he is going to come in and help to stabilise us for a year I’ll take it. Bottom line is if he is Ryan Christie great, if he is Adam Montgomery pish. 

Still in the balance then?

5 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

The fact it's a loan is certainly a negative but I don't buy into this notion that we should never loan a player from either of the gruesome twosome for fear that we improve them. 

We were very close to the permanent signing of Ryan Christie after his two loan spells and there's nothing to say that if Scales does well and he is still deemed surplus to requirements at Parkhead next summer that he won't end up a Dons player on a permanent deal. Shutting yourself off from a potential source of players just 'coz' is pretty small minded in my opinion. 

Same 

I’d rather we didn’t have to but the overreacting from some is bordering hysterical 

Hopefully he’s more Ryan Christie than Adam Montgomery