The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

5 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Seems so. Hopefully people will stop posting any old shit from the hat now.

I see Greg Leigh got a move to Ipswich today. Better move than I thought he'd get.

I was actually thinking (based on very little) that he sounds like a very Greg Leigh type signing. Athletic, energetic, gets up and down, not great defensively or technically. 

Good age though so hopefully he’s a player. Welcome Jayden. 

No idea about him, but the fact that he made the National League team of the season after just half a season must mean that he has something about him. Obviously looking to better himself after a couple of seasons with us, so the motivation will be there for him to do well with Aberdeen.

Guest ApathyAFC
9 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Seems so. Hopefully people will stop posting any old shit from the hat now.

I see Greg Leigh got a move to Ipswich today. Better move than I thought he'd get.

f**k me there all crazy b*****ds on that afc chat. They would eat each other given the chance. Its a total bin fire of a forum. Putrid chat about all sorts of unsavoury topics 

Guest ApathyAFC

I'd say it's a meh signing. Obviously given his age etc there is room to improve. Also RM is ok at RB so not much of a risk. 

Guest ApathyAFC
2 hours ago, logie skid boys said:

Reading up about this Wycombe lad Stewart . Hope there is truth in this as seems like he be a great addition.   

Well more signings following this week and  I  would think another be announced today .  . Up front is we’re we need that bit magic . 🤞

Do you believe another signing or 2 will be announced in next couple of days?

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Finally, Welcome Alan gow. 

😂

Just now, coprolite said:

That cb from Celtic? Not a loan please (unless it's like the HP thing we did with McCrorie). 

I've no idea who. Only been told this one won't be a surprise so will be one of the names we've been linked with.

My money is on Scales. Hoping for a striker. Will be delighted if it's Ronan.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

😂

I've no idea who. Only been told this one won't be a surprise so will be one of the names we've been linked with.

Is it greedy to hope for all three? 

Saw that someone bid £600k for Lauritsen. I'd imagine that ends our interest there. 

Guest ApathyAFC
14 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Today.

This one won't be a surprise, apparently.

So this might mean the Toby lad? I'd love bojan Miovski he looks to be very skillful, good tecnical ability.

3 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Saw that someone bid £600k for Lauritsen. I'd imagine that ends our interest there. 

They (Sparta Rotterdam) haven’t bid £600k for Lauritsen. 
£600k for Lauritsen AND a team mate I’m sure it is.

Regardless, they’d out pay us anyway 

9 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

😂

Not sure it’ll be Scales. The **** are waiting to see how bad Starfelt’s injury is & Julien hasn’t played for over a year. 
Just leaves them CCV & Welsh.

As long as it’s not Charles Dunne 

10 minutes ago, coprolite said:

It's the hope that kills you.

6 minutes ago, ApathyAFC said:

So this might mean the Toby lad? I'd love bojan Miovski he looks to be very skillful, good tecnical ability.

I'd doubt we're going to get the boy Lauritsen.

3 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Not sure it’ll be Scales. The **** are waiting to see how bad Starfelt’s injury is & Julien hasn’t played for over a year. 
Just leaves them CCV & Welsh.

As long as it’s not Charles Dunne 

Could also be the boy from Wycombe I guess.

If we are in for a couple of centre backs, I'm wondering if Goodwin is looking at playing 3 centre backs next season. It seems unlikely we'd be able to move Bates or Gallagher on easily, and McKenzie could potentially play in a back 3 as well.

I think he started last season playing a back 3/5 at St Mirren, without success? He might see the size of rebuild the club is undertaking as a means to shape the squad to that system. 

Obviously hard to tell until there's a few more through the door.