The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

38 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Not sure it’ll be Scales. The **** are waiting to see how bad Starfelt’s injury is & Julien hasn’t played for over a year. 
Just leaves them CCV & Welsh.

As long as it’s not Charles Dunne 

It's going to be Dunne isn't it? 

I don't think i've even noticed him playing before but i'm convinced he's shite. 

9 minutes ago, Ampersand said:

If we are in for a couple of centre backs, I'm wondering if Goodwin is looking at playing 3 centre backs next season. It seems unlikely we'd be able to move Bates or Gallagher on easily, and McKenzie could potentially play in a back 3 as well.

I think he started last season playing a back 3/5 at St Mirren, without success? He might see the size of rebuild the club is undertaking as a means to shape the squad to that system. 

Obviously hard to tell until there's a few more through the door.

He said with Graham hunter that he wants to play a back 4. 

16 minutes ago, Ampersand said:

If we are in for a couple of centre backs, I'm wondering if Goodwin is looking at playing 3 centre backs next season. It seems unlikely we'd be able to move Bates or Gallagher on easily, and McKenzie could potentially play in a back 3 as well.

I think he started last season playing a back 3/5 at St Mirren, without success? He might see the size of rebuild the club is undertaking as a means to shape the squad to that system. 

Obviously hard to tell until there's a few more through the door.

No.

4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 will be his formations this season.

Said as much on REDTV 

Guest ApathyAFC
1 minute ago, d31 said:

I would not be surprised if we went for Scales and Dunne. Scales can play several positions

Dunne would be a shite signing. Can't say I've ever noticed him when watching St mirren or mwell previously

Just now, ApathyAFC said:

Dunne would be a shite signing. Can't say I've ever noticed him when watching St mirren or mwell previously

pretty much agree but he was the first player Goodwin targetted so would be surprising if he left it and moved on over the sake of £100k when we are brining in 3 or more transfer fees this season and last

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

He said with Graham hunter that he wants to play a back 4. 

1 hour ago, Thenorthernlight said:

No.

4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 will be his formations this season.

Said as much on REDTV 

Cheers, totally missed that. Will wipe down my tactics board.