The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

9 hours ago, coprolite said:

Still Scotlands most successful club in Europe. 

Even if Sevco had won their first European trophy last night we would still have been Scotland's most successful club in Europe.

It's a shame that people (especially Aberdeen supporters) fail to understand this but the old Glasgow Rangers, winners of the 1972 ECWC, died in 2012 along with all their debt that they had accrued.

If you continue to talk as if this version is a continuation and not a tribute act then you're as brainwashed as that line their gullible muppet followers are being fed about '55' and all that guff.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

8 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Even if Sevco had won their first European trophy last night we would still have been Scotland's most successful club in Europe.

It's a shame that people (especially Aberdeen supporters) fail to understand this but the old Glasgow Rangers, winners of the 1972 ECWC, died in 2012 along with all their debt that they had accrued.

If you continue to talk as if this version is a continuation and not a tribute act then you're as brainwashed as that line that Muppets are being fed about '55' and all that guff.

Radio Ulster reporting from Seville that Rangers were "demoted" in 2012 due to "financial irregularities".

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Radio Ulster reporting from Seville that Rangers were "demoted" in 2012 due to "financial irregularities".

They said that on bbc news yesterday morning. Even my wife burst out laughing. 

12 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

If you continue to talk as if this version is a continuation and not a tribute act then you're as brainwashed as that line their gullible muppet followers are being fed about '55' and all that guff.

Correct.

NEVER ever let those b*****ds forget.

EVER

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

No surprise there then, and a complete distortion of the truth.

This new phoenix club managed to cheat the pyrimad and return at the 4th tier with the help of our ex-chairman and others.

It's our duty as Aberdeen fans never to forget this 

3 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Still hurting after last night? 😆

No, I'm delighted Rangers lost as their fans would've been absolutely unsufferable.

Nice to see you continue acting like an Old Firm fan though.

- Slaughter any player who dares support the other side.

- Claim fans of other clubs must support the other side if they don't agree with you.

Worst bit is you probably don't even see it.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

They said that on bbc news yesterday morning. Even my wife burst out laughing. 

That sort of thing doesn't usually bother me, but I got quite agitated on this occasion, to the extent I nearly spat my tea out.

"Fairytale journey" - any team getting admitted to the bottom division and getting £100,000,000 thrown at them would have "achieved" the same. Imagine Aberdeen, Hibs or Hearts getting that sort of investment?

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

No, I'm delighted Rangers lost as their fans would've been absolutely unsufferable.

- Claim fans of other clubs must support the other side if they don't agree with you.

It's probably because some fermers were falling over themselves to applaud Rangers on here after the semi finals.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Jesus. You STILL talking? 

5 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

You mean most successful company in Europe? 

I could explain that i was euphoric last night and couldn't be bothered including suitable qualifiers, like "indisputable" or "unarguably". 

Or i could just say "shut up, i don't care" 

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

You mean most successful company in Europe? 

I could explain that i was euphoric last night and couldn't be bothered including suitable qualifiers, like "indisputable" or "unarguably". 

Or i could just say "shut up, i don't care" 

You don't care about Oldco cheating like f*ck financially for 20+ years and robbing The Dons of a considerable amount of silverware (given the amount of times we finished second) especially during the 1990s?

You don't care about our club eventually sliding into mountainous debt that affected performance on the park and could, perhaps should, have cost us our Premier League status trying to compete with these cheats?

You don't care that we haven't won the Scottish Cup since 1990 which is largely due to all the financial doping that took place in Scottish football during the 1990s and 2000s?

If the old Glasgow Rangers hadn't died and written off their debts then there is not a hope in hell they would've made the 2022 Europa League Final because they wouldn't have been able to afford that level of player in such short a time since administration.

The old club cheated its way to silverware and success and the new club are following suite, they may both played/play at the same stadium and have/had the same support but don't let that fool you into thinking that people who insist on drawing distinction between these two separate entities are being pernickety or tiresome.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

30 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

You don't care about Oldco cheating like f*ck financially for 20+ years and robbing The Dons of a considerable amount of silverware (given the amount of times we finished second) especially during the 1990s?

You don't care about our club eventually sliding into mountainous debt that affected performance on the park and could, perhaps should, have cost us our Premier League status trying to compete with these cheats?

You don't care that we haven't won the Scottish Cup since 1990 which is largely due to all the financial doping that took place in Scottish football during the 1990s and 2000s?

If the old Glasgow Rangers hadn't died and written off their debts then there is not a hope in hell they would've made the 2022 Europa League Final because they wouldn't have been able to afford that level of player in such short a time since administration.

The old club cheated its way to silverware and success and the new club are following suite, they may both played/play at the same stadium and have/had the same support but don't let that fool you into thinking that people who insist on drawing distinction between these two separate entities are being pernickety or tiresome.

I know they cheated

I know they died

It is a new club in most respects but the same club in other respects. 

Why can't you just enjoy their tears without the tedium of a ten year old debate?

30 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I know they cheated

I know they died

Why can't you just enjoy their tears without the tedium of a ten year old debate?

You can do both. I do.

It will always annoy me that they cheated their way to trophy after trophy and the way their followers are just as if not even more irritating supporting their newco makes it even sweeter when they lose.

3 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Jesus. You STILL talking? 

I find it odd how many Aberdeen fans seem utterly obsessed with telling everyone how much they hate Rangers and trying to prove it.

Literally nobody thinks it's anything other than weird.

51 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I find it odd how many Aberdeen fans seem utterly obsessed with telling everyone how much they hate Rangers and trying to prove it.

tom hanks do not want GIF

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

I know they cheated

I know they died

I did enjoy their tears in the end (although it was a stressful evening in truth), but I don't want anyone to forget that they escaped financial recompense by dying.

Then they have the brass neck to reappear as a different entity, demand they get their league place back and bully the media or employ their 'agents' into making sure that they also play along with the myth that they're the same entity as the one that died.

If I sound bitter then that's because I am. Many an enjoyable night and season was spoiled because they were playing a team and building a squad they couldn't afford by tax avoidance schemes. A double whammy!

I hope their little brothers give them more to cry about on Saturday.

F*ck Sevco and all who sail in her.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Lads, can we add ‘some guys in Perth think hating rangers is weird’ to the agenda for the next fan meeting? 

Thank you.