The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Sad c**t. He had a Union Jack tattoo done while he was still with us. 

The 0-9 reverse was a humiliation and, alongside the Championship decider defeat, my worst days of being a Dons supporter.

However, a tiny crumb of solace now from a distance of 12 years or whatever is now being aware how much pain Jack and Robertson must've been in during this wretched day.

4 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Hopefully, Polvara and Besuijen will really step up with a few months settling in period behind them. We forget as fans that these guys need to get accustomed to their surroundings and that could also affect performance on the pitch.

Polvara sounds like he isn't just here for a year out and little taste of life outside of America unlike a certain striker. 

15 minutes ago, Enrico Pallazzo said:

Cults?

I think the Robertsons were brought up in that suburb of Cults better known as Garthdee.

Fish merchants who now live in a mansion in Bieldside - suspect by the time young Clark came along, it was silver spoon territory.

I recently had some work done on the house via a well-known local firm - four tradesmen came and went, all with north-east accents, three of them supported the clubs formerly and currently based at Ibrox (established when I served them a cuppa in my JVC top tea cups).  Don't get it.

Edited by tarapoa

3 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

And folk wanted this c**t back.

I've been reading up on the Spanish Civil Guard's crowd control techniques. Lots of unjustifiable random violence and legally dubious rubber bullets. 

Just saying. 

9 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I listened to an hour of it and he’s fairly low key. I’d say you’re safe. I remember listening to one with Kenny McLean and switching off after 5 minutes as it was excruciating. 

Tbh that interview reaffirms my view of Derek. 

I really like him, and I’m glad he speaks really highly of the club and doesn’t come across with any real bitterness. 

He says himself that he had 8 good years but it’s over and he’s moved on. Simple as that. 

He’s a bit defensive about the whole style of play thing but I wouldn’t expect any manager to admit his teams played shite football so not bothered by it. 

The bit right at the very end was interesting.  Said he got stung at Bristol City by being lumbered with too many players that the club should have moved on earlier, and when he had his first summer at AFC he pretty much got rid of everyone he could, with the only contact extension being Josh Magennis.  Shades of this year with Goodwin.

Any idea if this is genuinely taken in Seville? If so, not a great look

What a moron. Didn’t expect it from him, since he’s refused to even answer any questions about them since he joined.

Our league will forever be a sham when this sort of behaviour is deemed acceptable by players.

Aye, imagine a diehard Rangers fan and former player going to a, potentially, once in a lifetime event of watching his side in a European Cup Final, when he's got about a month before he returns to training and his brother might be involved.

Aberdeen fans really need to get over themselves.

4 hours ago, coprolite said:

I've been reading up on the Spanish Civil Guard's crowd control techniques. Lots of unjustifiable random violence and legally dubious rubber bullets. 

Just saying. 

It’ll be the police’s fault.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, imagine a diehard Rangers fan and former player going to a, potentially, once in a lifetime event of watching his side in a European Cup Final, when he's got about a month before he returns to training and his brother might be involved.

Aberdeen fans really need to get over themselves.

And you need to mind your own fucking business. 
‘Mon Caley