The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

Aye, if it had happened earlier we might still be in the cup.

I'm relieved more than happy, definitely don't think we'll get relegated now, tbh was slightly worried about that prospect had Glass been in charge until the end of the season, maybe even get it turned round and grab the fabled 4th place.

As somebody one step removed from the action - or lack thereof - I can only go by what I've seen |(very little)and what I've read- quite a lot, and was getting increasingly concerned about the way the club seemed to be drifting downwards.

Don't think Glass' appointment was ever going to work with the amount of changes to staff and players. Easy to say that now, I suppose. But who is going to sort it out now AND carry on Dave's vision?

When did hibs sack fenlon and appoint butcher on 2014? 

24 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

I like idea of giving Robson a go for the next few games - moreso than Brown.

This was inevitable with Glass, and just annoying they didn’t do it earlier and sacrificed a Scottish Cup tie that was winnable enough with a bit more organisation and motivation - despite the flappy keeper.

As for all the usual candidates that will be thrown at us - Goodwin would be the one that would be of most interest - think he has the right level of experiences, positive and negative, so far in his career to make the step - articulate, good demeanour and commands a bit of respect - plus getting managers from St Mirren tends to mean silverware.

goodwin is a terrible manager 😉 

2 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Now the more I think about it, what up and coming manager with a decent CV will want to come work for Dave Cormack in this structure? 

We should not let this decision pull the wool over our eyes. He should still be a target for criticism. 

In this structure, or with the personnel in place within the structure? 

12 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

The more pertinent question for me is why are the opposition players still using that entrance and exit in the stand at Fir Park? If this is still for Covid reasons then it's about time they got a grip and smell the Omicron...

Do the Gruesome Twosome use this entrance and exit onto Fir Park during their visits?

But I agree really, shout abuse and don't be surprised if you get a bit back. But if half the nuggets shouting abuse received it themselves after a bad day at work then they would likely be in tears...

Every away team uses this exit/entrance.  Motherwell redeveloped the home dressing room over the summer, I don’t know if that impacted on the away room.  I know the original rooms were very small, it may be that the new set up is more comfortable.  I think Hearts have the teams in two different stands.

Neil Lennon wouldn't be popular but he'd be box office. 

Certainly a divisive character but could you have seen a Neil Lennon side go out the cup as meekly as that yesterday? I don't think so. 

Purely for entertainment my unreasonable suggestions would be; 

1.) Roy Keane 
2.) Neil Lennon
3.) Paolo Di Canio

Is that the Neil Lennon who went out of cups to St Mirren, Ross County (twice), Morton, Kilmarnock, Hearts and Aberdeen as Celtic manager?

9 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Neil Lennon wouldn't be popular but he'd be box office. 

Certainly a divisive character but could you have seen a Neil Lennon side go out the cup as meekly as that yesterday? I don't think so. 

Purely for entertainment my unreasonable suggestions would be; 

1.) Roy Keane 

2.) Neil Lennon

3.) Paolo Di Canio

No.

f**k no.

And f**k no.