The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

My main memory of last season was the opposite. I seem to remember that we were on top of a lot of games in the first half but lost our way after the break. Last season being the way it was, I may be totally wrong.

I would agree with this.

I don’t see the problem with growing into games, in fact I would say that a lot of good teams do this. 
Shows more qualities for me than a team who come out all guns blazing then don’t know what to do if they haven’t scored after 15/20 mins.

Guest Bob Mahelp
25 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Lads, it's easier just to say "I might have gotten it wrong on Glass" than find any and every little thing to criticise him for.

I came to terms with the fact there's a good chance I got it wrong about him before the previous season ended.

I don't think we're criticising Glass. We've won 5 games out of 6, and played well in (parts) of all 6 games. 

Glass has been very impressive in the decisions he's made so far, and in general it's been much more fun already watching the Dons than it was for much of the last 2 years. 

Signing Brown has been an absolute masterstroke, with his management of Ojo not far behind. 

No harm in not getting too far ahead of ourselves though, and pointing out what can be improved 😀

3 hours ago, Deen1903 said:

Teddy Jenks seems the least likely of the new Dons players to have his own song but I like a challenge:

Woah, woah, Teddy Jenks is here
He’s as fast as Niall McGinn
Or traffic at the Haudagain

He came to conquer Paramount
And visit Mounthooly roundabout

Continuing the Abba theme:

Oh when youre scoring

Pit-toddrie is roaring

Teddy Jenks

(S.O.S.)

That came to me in the shower the other day.

I’ll admit to being unhappy when Glass was appointed, and having a total heads gone when Brown signed. 

ive been incredibly surprised with how well we’ve started, and how suddenly our games have become exciting to watch, but I’ll wait until August is out until I admit I was an arsehole. 

5 hours ago, Deen1903 said:

Teddy Jenks seems the least likely of the new Dons players to have his own song but I like a challenge:

He’s as fast as Niall McGinn
Or traffic at the Haudagain

He came to conquer Paramount
And visit Mounthooly roundabout

Catchy

3 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I don't think we're criticising Glass. We've won 5 games out of 6, and played well in (parts) of all 6 games. 

Glass has been very impressive in the decisions he's made so far, and in general it's been much more fun already watching the Dons than it was for much of the last 2 years. 

Signing Brown has been an absolute masterstroke, with his management of Ojo not far behind. 

No harm in not getting too far ahead of ourselves though, and pointing out what can be improved 😀

Dons' fans. Fit are we like?

1 hour ago, RussellAnderson said:

Continuing the Abba theme:

Oh when youre scoring

Pit-toddrie is roaring

Teddy Jenks

(S.O.S.)

That came to me in the shower the other day.

Too much information...

1 hour ago, naegoodinthedark said:

I’ll admit to being unhappy when Glass was appointed, and having a total heads gone when Brown signed. 

ive been incredibly surprised with how well we’ve started, and how suddenly our games have become exciting to watch, but I’ll wait until August is out until I admit I was an arsehole. 

This is pretty much where I am. Also delighted that glass doesn't wait around until 3mins are left to make a change.

Attacking football, youth players and goals. Love it ♥️

6 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Why rotate for a cup game this early in the season? 

Jack Gurr with some rotten defending has ultimately cost us the tie, as has our lack of ability to bring intensity to the tie. 

Raith deserved it. Can't have any complaints. A disgrace. 

Rotating was absolutely the right thing to do. If we get to the Europa Conference groups then nobody is going to give a f**k about the league cup this season.

What is has shown is that several of the squad players are not good enough.

1 minute ago, CCB19035 said:

Speak for yourself. The cups are our bread and butter, Europe is a bonus, for me. 

We need bodies in, as we've said for weeks, centre half and up front, as soon as possible. 

Speak for yourself. The European money would be a a game changer for the club.

Funnily enough we need money to get the bodies in. How do you propose we do that?