The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Ramsay reminds me a bit of Tierney when he first broke into the Celtic team. Sounds crazy to say for a guy who has just turned 18, and hopefully not setting him up for a fall, but everything I have seen from him so far indicates that he has the potential to be one of the best full-backs in the league this season. 

3 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Record saying Hedges missed the game through injury. Not sure if Glass was asked about it after the game or not as there's no direct quote in the article.

Glass said on the BBC before the game that he failed a fitness test before the game due to a knock from Thursday. 

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

Ramsay reminds me a bit of Tierney when he first broke into the Celtic team. Sounds crazy to say for a guy who has just turned 18, and hopefully not setting him up for a fall, but everything I have seen from him so far indicates that he has the potential to be one of the best full-backs in the league this season. 

Aye, one of those players who looks like he’s been playing here for 5/10 years. We won’t know what his level is until he gets tested there. Really exciting to have another player like that come through. Proper bonus ball stuff. 

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Is Virtanen injured or just not fancied?

17 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Not sure if he’s injured but he’s probably about 7th in the pecking order for centre
midfield.

4th choice right back and 7th or 8th choice centre mid. He's got no chance, and surely will go out on loan this month.

42 minutes ago, O_Kahn said:

I think we should be seizing the moment and making another midfield signing. Ojo has done ok, but I don’t think he would be the guy to help make the difference in a possible tie versus Qarabag or AEL.

Midfield is the last position we need filled!

I had ex Aberdeen player Lee Miller on my podcast this week if anyone fancies giving it a listen. Hope everyone enjoys, any feedback appreciated👍🏻⚽

Youtube: 

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/5xL154LaojUv7tegRb0hQl?si=K4-0uOeQSP27BB7vbuVQtQ&dl_branch=1

Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/a-chat-with-lee-miller/id1570371231?i=1000530741399

I hope that Sunday means that Jonny Hayes is only ever played in his correct position from now on. He is not a full back or a wing back, he is a winger. From my position in the Main Stand on Sunday you could see him making three or four runs of the kind from which he scored. I thought Sunday was close to the best he’s played since his return.

6 minutes ago, Reina said:

Need 450+ loyalty points for tickets for Livi game. I’m a ST holder and only have 118… seems a bit harsh? 

I hit the post with only 439 points. Not that I'd be going anyway. Been a while since I sampled the delights of Livingston.

Edit: Just looked and the lowest they go down to is 300 points if they're not sold out by Thursday.

Edited by Suspect Device

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I hope that Sunday means that Jonny Hayes is only ever played in his correct position from now on. He is not a full back or a wing back, he is a winger. From my position in the Main Stand on Sunday you could see him making three or four runs of the kind from which he scored. I thought Sunday was close to the best he’s played since his return.

He had a spell of four games or so last eyar at wing back where he was unplayable but I'd agree with you here. Not nearly as confident at taking the ball from the goalie with his back to the opposition goal as MacKenzie is. I don't think he has the pace he had to get himself out of bother if his positioning is off either.

Based on the team we have, I'd have him on the bench behind Hedges but it's hard to justify not playing him with the wage he'll be on.

7 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I’m not a ST holder and am on 242 

Not sure how that works 

You can check your history on the site. 40 points for a season ticket and they go back to 2017. Go to the tickets section and click on your name in the top right. Then click priority points.

image.png.bb2b75f546ac733c57abd699286e685d.png

image.png.1d888ce2ccfdbf3536b37c679f5f0df8.png

Edited by Suspect Device

Club got to look at this points system again - a two tier system. Those that are DNA and those that are not. There is people that doesn't miss and home and away match but won't be able to get tickets early as they are not in the DNA. The DNA gives you 120 points, season 120 tickets and then the away games

I'm over 600 points though so will see how sales are going. 

Edited by betting competition