The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

13 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I'm no fan of Clark Robertson and didn't want him back; however, he must be doing something right to be attracting all this interest from England, Scotland, Europe and the Middle East...

What are you basing this on?  The player who left us first time round, or having seen him in recent seasons with Blackpool and Rotherham?

It is possible, particularly for defensive players, to become much better players with age and experience.  He probably always had the physical attributes, but there was an element of naivete and he was blighted by being part of poor McGhee/Brown squads. By the time McInnes joined, he had his heart set on England - and it clearly did him the world of good to get away from the north-east, as local players can often be bigger targets for negativity amongst certain supporters.

4 hours ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

Well Clark certainly isn't, he's Aberdeen. Have known him for the best part of twenty years, he and his brother are both Aberdeen fans. 

Sure I read something (most likely shite) about his family being of the staunch variety. If he's Aberdeen in spite of the upbringing I'd offer him a contract based on that alone.

10 hours ago, tarapoa said:

What are you basing this on?  The player who left us first time round, or having seen him in recent seasons with Blackpool and Rotherham

I'm basing it, initially at least, on the fact that he played 16/46 league games for Rotherham this season and 13 league appearances the previous season.

We really don't have the luxury of having another member of the squad keeping Devlin company in the stands. 

11 hours ago, CCB19035 said:

Have a look at his Twitter. 

All about the ****. 

You must of looked at other Clark Robertson twitter as I've just went back to 2015 on his twitter and he does not say anything about The Rangers. Plenty about the players he played with while at Aberdeen.

Not particularly bothered either way by the Robertson link. In my mind I think he had a bit of a nightmare in the Hampden loss to hibs when Fallon Scored which is my lasting memory of him (I hope he definitely played now I've said that). But I also believe Matt Doherty played in a crap Hibs team that got scudded 5-1 by Hearts and is now at Spurs so I won't hold anything against him. Basing anything on when he was last at the club is pointless

9 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Lilongwe to go for a game of football.

Funnily enough Blantyre would be slightly farther.

2143823582_2021-06-0422_21_02-ScotlandbasedNgwenyaacceptsFlamescall-up_Malawi24-Malawinewsand11m.thumb.jpg.581e92e27b7147ff87431a564b7b1a53.jpg

25 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Will he be the first player in Scotland to be capped for Malawi?

Scotland I think so , Tamika Mkandawire played in England apparently (ex Millwall amongst others)