The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

11 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Am I allowed to be slightly excited by that? Presumably the best one man strikers in the league are looking to be close to/above 75% in NP Goal Threat and Possession. Creator...great...but not a requisite. Ball winner...again..great...but more down to the tactics deployed.

How about compared to Doidge and Nisbet? Don't tell me you haven't already prepared...;)🤣

v Doidge

Spoiler

afc3.thumb.png.b9a88a767bb64f188407458663a5ef79.png

v Nisbet

Spoiler

afc4.thumb.png.70a523cc6b1fec493450c64e62824814.png

I wouldn't base too much on these. Its based entirely on the, limited, numbers I've access too so misses a lot of context. Does a vaguely decent job though.

Either way, on paper the signing of Ramirez seems to make sense, so even if it doesn't work out it doesnt mean it was a poor decision to sign him, IMO.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

v Doidge

Reveal hidden contents

afc3.thumb.png.b9a88a767bb64f188407458663a5ef79.png

v Nisbet

Reveal hidden contents

afc4.thumb.png.70a523cc6b1fec493450c64e62824814.png

I wouldn't base too much on these. Its based entirely on the, limited, numbers I've access too so misses a lot of context. Does a vaguely decent job though.

Either way, on paper the signing of Ramirez seems to make sense, so even if it doesn't work out it doesnt mean it was a poor decision to sign him, IMO.

Interesting. Many thanks for your time mate. I'm sure you'll be tracking xG and xA in the coming season.

Interesting to see how he and E-Thom compare over the coming season. Look like they would be a perfect pairing.

15 hours ago, Illgresi said:

Interesting. Many thanks for your time mate. I'm sure you'll be tracking xG and xA in the coming season.

Interesting to see how he and E-Thom compare over the coming season. Look like they would be a perfect pairing.

Who would have thought Superman and JET would have such a questionable aerial threat?

On 25/05/2021 at 11:15, Merkland Red said:

My pal just drove past Cormack park just now. Said there was a single player on the first pitch. 

Hoping it's someone doing their medical.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/donsnews/scott-mckenna-thanks-aberdeen-for-their-help-with-his-euros-build-up/

That's this one solved then!!

On 28/05/2021 at 22:20, Merkland Red said:

His overall goals to games ratio in the MLS doesn't look too bad considering he's came off the bench mist of the time this season.

He's also liking twitter reports linking him to the club now. Looks a goer.

It won't be haard for him in the north east of Scotland, then...

Just a little bit "meh" about this but there is no denying he has over the years been an asset to AFC.

This contract will take him through to June 2022 and having signed in June 2012, this would normally mean he would be in line for a testimonial.

I assume his six month sojurn in South Korea has cost him that 🤨 

4 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

it's almost as if they waited for me to renew my season ticket before they announced this.

I'm happy with that, at the end of season he was the only player creating chances. Think it is the right deal for us with him taking a pay-cut and helping with the younger lads at the Soul bar. 

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

Only worry is if he's the first choice what kind of player would be considered a fall back option?

I'm no fan of Clark Robertson and didn't want him back; however, he must be doing something right to be attracting all this interest from England, Scotland, Europe and the Middle East...

Edited by Bogbrush1903

I'm no fan of Clark Robertson and didn't want him back; however, he must be doing something right to be attracting all this interest from England, Scotland, Europe and the Middle East...

Employing an agent that is successfully drumming up “interest” while in negotiations with far less realistic options?