The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

The papers are reporting The Rangers have been in talks all day with Aberdeen over Wright. 

I'm hoping we sell Wright. I think he's a good player and has been a positive for us this season. Aberdeen will be wanting the sale to at least cover the McCrorie fee.

I suspect we might go after Allan Campbell if he does go. Supposedly Motherwell want 350k for him. I think we'll be considering selling Ferguson in the summer.

Cosgrove's recent form wasn't good enough and I'm amazed/delighted we sold him for 2 million+future sell on %.

As the DR reported, Hornby is a definite upgrade. He's even taller then Cosgrove, faster and technically better.

Main and Anderson to depart at the end of the season. Gives us the option to start a fresh and sign 2 new forwards. I really hope Watkins is one of them.

I'd take Callum Hendry on loan until the end of the season over Bruce Anderson any day.

This window, we've essentially trimmed the fat off the side by offloading some fringe players. Wright and Cosgrove are both replaceable. 

I hope we can extend Taylor, Greg Leigh (controversial but i like him) and Hoban's contracts. Sign two new strikers (Watkins) and an attacking midfielder (or Allan Campbell). I think we'd be good for next season. Sign Gary Woods permanently as our back up goalie. 

Edited by HarleyQuinn

Don't really see Rangers paying very much money for a player that's already signed for free in six months time.

The McCrorie fee is what, £300k? Glen Kamara was £50k to bring him in six months early - that's the kind of figure I'd expect the clubs are talking about.

1 minute ago, G51 said:

Don't really see Rangers paying very much money for a player that's already signed for free in six months time.

The McCrorie fee is what, £300k? Glen Kamara was £50k to bring him in six months early - that's the kind of figure I'd expect the clubs are talking about.

The poster your replying too doesn't seem to understand Aberdeen are completely skint.

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

I agree its seems odd that you want him now. Wright would be cup tied for your Europa League fixtures in a fortnight too. According to the Daily Record, its been confirmed Aberdeen are due compensation from The Rangers when he's joins you in the summer.

The only difference now is we aren't in as much pressure to sell Wright after the sale of Cosgrove. Also Aberdeen will see Wright as an important player if he remains in our bid for a European spot for next season. 300k prize difference for 3rd and 4th spot too. 

When you signed Kamara none of these were factors in the sale.

3 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I agree its seems odd that you want him now. Wright would be cup tied for your Europa League fixtures in a fortnight too. According to the Daily Record, its been confirmed Aberdeen are due compensation from The Rangers when he's joins you in the summer.

The only difference now is we aren't in as much pressure to sell Wright after the sale of Cosgrove. Also Aberdeen will see Wright as an important player if he remains in our bid for a European spot for next season. 300k prize difference for 3rd and 4th spot too. 

When you signed Kamara none of these were factors in the sale.

I'm not sure Aberdeen are due any compensation, but I'm not very familiar with those rules so you could be right. Either way, it'll be £50k or so on top of what the compensation fee is - whether that's nothing or a couple of hundred grand.

Wright wouldn't be cup-tied for the Europa, that rule was abolished a few years back IIRC.

I would expect we want him in earlier so he can learn the system earlier, work with our strength and conditioning teams and get some data in for our injury prevention software (which will be very important for him). Not a big deal if it doesn't happen though, so I don't really see Rangers paying much money for that.

11 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I presume you're having a wee laugh here ?

McCrorie has been one of the stars of the season, for any club. The money we're paying to Rangers is a complete bargain considering that he'll turn into a Scotland international and make us a heap of cash when he's eventually sold on.

McInnes takes a lot of criticism in the transfer market (a lot of it from St Johnstone fans bizarrely) but I defy anyone to say that any other manager in Scotland has done better business in the last few years than bringing in Ferguson and McCrorie for comparative buttons.

Ok Martindale.

Dykes and Guthrie, as well as Gallagher a few seasons earlier, Scott Pittman from the juniors, who McInnes tried to sign from us. Could list a few more but they'll do to take up your challenge.

46 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Ok Martindale.

Dykes and Guthrie, as well as Gallagher a few seasons earlier, Scott Pittman from the juniors, who McInnes tried to sign from us. Could list a few more but they'll do to take up your challenge.

Absolutely. The deals Livi have done in the last 5 years by comparison blow other teams out the water. We plucked guys from League 1/Championship and made them in to Premiership quality players

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

So who will be joining alongside Hornby today.

Going to be a busy day.

£350k on  Allan Campbell, £200k on Declan Gallagher, £500k on Marley Watkins, Stephen O'Donnell on a free, and a final £500k on Stuart Findlay.

Hope you're excited.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

£350k on  Allan Campbell, £200k on Declan Gallagher, £500k on Marley Watkins, Stephen O'Donnell on a free, and a final £500k on Stuart Findlay.

Hope you're excited.

If you take a 0 off each figure that sounds great. 

19 minutes ago, d31 said:

I'd be happy with £200k for Wright today and get some youngster up on loan from EPL

Do wonder if taking Ross back from Loan will cover Wright move (if it happens).

With the financial issues I expect only 1 loan deal - Hornby looks that option.

Edited by betting competition

5 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Looking forward to Hendry signing just for the meltdown.

Going to be a very busy day.

You sound confident? I dont see more than one surprise, if any, and it'll be someone weve never heard of. 

4 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

We'll get more than that in compensation, so I highly doubt we'll accept that now.

I'm thinking there is no compensation. If there was I dont believe they would sign him. Are you trying to say we are going to get £500k for him because thats the values being quoted for Alan Campbell?

He's on a free transfer