The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

Why do the club have to announce it formally like this?

Can understand it for incoming players or contract renewals, but no need for the formal fanfare when it’s players leaving.

It’s football - players move on.......

They couldn’t ignore it. It hardly a fanfare, just a basic statement of what has happened.

Scott Wright isn't a particularly good player. Nobody cared when he was loaned out to Dundee.

If he was joining anyone else other than Rangers this would have got very few replies on here, on afc chat, on Facebook or twitter.

I won't miss him and hope he fails miserably at Rangers.

I do think though that Aberdeen really need to get some positive news out in the next few weeks as the way things are going then there is going to be a massive drop in season ticket renewals and a massive drop in AberDNA renewals too.

35 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

We are essentially developing a player for Rangers for the rest of the season. Still suspect he will be away by the end of the month, to be honest. 

No we wouldn’t, we’d be using him to try to get us as high in the league as possible and to get us the Scottish Cup. As most sensible folk on here have said, with there being no fans in grounds, if he stays and continues to play well he has to stay in the team. Having said that, the way these things usually pan out it’s almost certain that some deal or other will be done before 31st January to get him to Ibrox and almost definite obscurity.

7 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

Scott Wright isn't a particularly good player. Nobody cared when he was loaned out to Dundee.

If he was joining anyone else other than Rangers this would have got very few replies on here, on afc chat, on Facebook or twitter.

I won't miss him and hope he fails miserably at Rangers.

I do think though that Aberdeen really need to get some positive news out in the next few weeks as the way things are going then there is going to be a massive drop in season ticket renewals and a massive drop in AberDNA renewals too.

I have to disagree with you based on his current form. He'll be a miss and I'm not sure how easily replaced he'll be based on his wage.

With the move back to 7 subs next season we can probably afford to cut some deadwood. 

I think we'll need to announce an exciting precontract to entice season ticket holders to renew.

Just now, naegoodinthedark said:

Based purely on the fact that his head will be elsewhere. It’s difficult to be focused when you’re basically working your notice period. 

It’s hardly universal though. Mclean I think had his best season for us before he went to Norwich.

I appreciate what people are saying about using Wright until the end of the season. That is probably sensible.

But I am neither sensible nor rational. I am bitter as hell. f**k him. I would rather play McLennan through now.

And I'm with Dons 1988, it would be better if he goes now.