The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

10 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

With the league season now having been called it got me thinking, what if something like this had happened in 1980. If that season had been suspended on the 23rd March we would have still had the two games at Parkhead to play and Celtic still had to go to relegation threatened Dundee where they would lose 5-1.

To be fair, it would have seemed like divine intervention when McGhee was in charge.

Guest Bob Mahelp
On 16/05/2020 at 11:17, TheDon99 said:

The thing that stood out the most for me in the documentary last night is probably just how good a player Mark McGhee was.
I can only imagine how much seeing him make an arsehole of himself as a manager must have hurt the fans that watched him as a player

I said that a few weeks ago when I was passing the time watching games from the 80's. McGhee was absolutely superb in pretty much every big game we played.....he could hold the ball, win headers, beat players, set up chances,score with both feet. He was almost impossible for defences to knock off the ball and he was the catalyst to damn near every goal that we scored. 

I was there in the 80's and I must admit I hadn't realised how vital a player McGhee was to that succesful Dons team. 

Thinking back though, he was never a particularly likeable player...I doubt if any Dons fan had him as 'their favourite player'. I suspect he was always a khqunt. It's just that it didn't come out much in these years....he fine tuned it as a manager. 

I'm always sceptical about these non official "launches". A couple of things here. McGinn's hair is different in the home and away photos. And there is normally at least a month between the sight of the home and away strips. But if they are genuine, they're ok at first sight. 

Just now, kingjoey said:

I'm always sceptical about these non official "launches". A couple of things here. McGinn's hair is different in the home and away photos. And there is normally at least a month between the sight of the home and away strips. But if they are genuine, they're ok at first sight. 

Mckenna does look like he's suffering from not having had a haircut due to lockdown in both though.

On 20/05/2020 at 18:39, Bob Mahelp said:

I said that a few weeks ago when I was passing the time watching games from the 80's. McGhee was absolutely superb in pretty much every big game we played.....he could hold the ball, win headers, beat players, set up chances,score with both feet. He was almost impossible for defences to knock off the ball and he was the catalyst to damn near every goal that we scored. 

I was there in the 80's and I must admit I hadn't realised how vital a player McGhee was to that succesful Dons team. 

Thinking back though, he was never a particularly likeable player...I doubt if any Dons fan had him as 'their favourite player'. I suspect he was always a khqunt. It's just that it didn't come out much in these years....he fine tuned it as a manager. 

Very much agree with most of what you've said Bob.

Only part I would disagree with is that I did very much think that Dingus was a hugely important part of that team.

His ability to get the ball to foot and run at defenders was immense. The only issue I remember him suffering from was that his runs were so mazey  at times that he had this ability to not only tie defenders up in knots but also himself at times.

All of this of course as many other have said makes his attitude towards everything AFC since all the more painful to take

Edited by Sheep62

Both kits are just not quite right for my tastes (and I bought last seasons away kit)!

I don't like funny necks, they can be crew, v or collared, but the home one feels like a mix.

The away one, is very close to being my favourite one since the black and yellow

image.jpeg.c53ee1eaab4cca9a79683e8faebc4a9e.jpeg

, or Zeroali white and red one,

image.jpeg.66879d9561739da588924398f6a27c99.jpeg

but... the sponsors patch looks like an afterthought, and it just grates on me a bit.

Still a lot better than that light blue effort we had

image.jpeg.e126baa1b989e340171a81db5849b309.jpeg

EUUUCHH!

Yours, polyester aficianado

aDONis