The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Today emphasizes the lack of depth in central midfield.  If Aberdeen continue to play 4-2-3-1, how many of the squad are actually suitable to play in the two more defensive midfield roles? Probably only Shinnie and Tansey, and I personally don't think that Tansey is anywhere good enough. He takes a decent set-piece, but haven't seen anything more from him.

Today emphasizes the lack of depth in central midfield.  If Aberdeen continue to play 4-2-3-1, how many of the squad are actually suitable to play in the two more defensive midfield roles? Probably only Shinnie and Tansey, and I personally don't think that Tansey is anywhere good enough. He takes a decent set-piece, but haven't seen anything more from him.
agree-i take it Ball isn't the answer then? Des can blag it against the less challenging teams.

I think Maclean has showed more fight in there than Jack ever did, so this isn't a new problem.

11 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

One of your loaned youth players Conor McLelllan scored an absolute peach against us today. Looks like a real talent.

All three goal scorers had Aberdeen connections - Declan McManus, Michael Paton and the aforementioned McLellan.

16 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

We were short a midfielder last season (and the season before).
We've since lost Jack and replaced him with Tansey who is much worse and doesn't have the discipline to play that defensive midfield role. Ball's shite. We need a proper CDM.

I thought Ball did pretty well vs Celtic. I haven't been able to watch the redTV coverage though. Was he shite? I also thought Reynolds did well.  

I thought Ball did pretty well vs Celtic. I haven't been able to watch the redTV coverage though. Was he shite? I also thought Reynolds did well.  

Ball was surprisingly steady on Saturday considering he isn’t a natural right back, isn’t blessed with pace, and was up against probably the quickest player in the league. He constrained Sinclair relatively well, tried to get forward, played sensible when in possession. Can’t expect much more.

I thought Reynolds played OK for the most part. Shinnie was brilliant in the first half but faded in the second. I thought Greg Stewart looked our best player the handsome b*****d.