The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I think it's been made worse since Jack left. They used to share the burden I think. Mackie always got it bad, even during periods he played well. A dons fan who always gave his all but a certain element of the support couldn't get off his back.

Sorry mackie was just dreadful.

Never really held it against him as he was doing what any of us would do but how he kept getting contracts was astounding.

I’m almost resigned to Deek leaving.

Just a have a feeling with us destined to be a distant second to sellick and the new stadium looking unlikely he may think ‘f**k it’ and go

Would be a sore one

Doubt Doc will go with him though, apparently a massive T1m.

Time to get Jack Ross’ number imo 

6 minutes ago, gkneil said:

Mackie never had periods of playing well. His goal record was less than 1 in 5 yet he still played 360+ games for us.

A shocking player, shocking.

Forever typified by Alan Combe's throw-out bouncing off the back of his bonce and into the net rather than the fantastic tie winning goal in Dnipro

Edited by EdTheDuck
speeling erorr

That’s us 8 points better off than we were at the same time last season making it the best league campaign opening fixtures round under McInnes. I find that remarkable considering how average we have been so far this term. And yet some Aberdeen fans still seem to want to give Deek a lift to Ibrox. Fit?

11 hours ago, Raidernation said:

I mind when it was Billy stark getting the dog's abuse

And Ernie Winchester afore at!

Bobby " the blouse"  Connor

Jim "slippers" Bett

Ian Scanlon was one who used to annoy me no end.  Brilliant ( relatively speaking ) one minute,  couldn't pass the ball 5 yards the next.  

On 10/29/2017 at 10:44, Kneetrembler said:

Great post and well timed.

We also need to keep the heads up regarding Celtic. They smashed us in the League Cup Final last season and we bounced back to come within one well placed pass to win the Scottish Cup final against them in the last game of the season.

Putting all Ra Sellick hyperbole aside, all the media bias and especially the negativity from our own fans, these are the actual facts:

After 11 games, one third of the pre split league fixtures, Aberdeen are 1 point behind Celtic. 

In any other Country in the world, the talk would be of a neck and neck race between flamboyant  wealthy aristocrats with all life's advantages unable to shake off the hard working pragmatists who grind out results. However, in Scotland, it is assumed universally that Celtic will win the league and the only question is when will Rangers bring some competition back to the Scottish Game?

How much competition do folk want? This title race is far from over. 

f**k Celtic, f**k Rangers. Come on you Reds!

Sums up where I am.

I understand the doubters too though, it's McInnes' lack of attacking faith against the ****, plus making changes such as Considine back at LB when there probably wasn't a Dons fan alive that would have done the same, he simply can;t cope with the speed they have, and the back four he reverted to on Saturday has been the best we've had under Mcinnes.  

3 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

The lack of hype doesn't bother me, it works to our advantage if anything.

I disagree. A huge  barrier to us winning more trophies is lack of belief. Its hard to generate the self belief required to win  when every external information source is telling you that not only you can't win, but that it is impossible for you or anyone else to ever win the league.  It becomes a self fulfilling prophesy.

Guest Bob Mahelp
28 minutes ago, Kneetrembler said:

I disagree. A huge  barrier to us winning more trophies is lack of belief. Its hard to generate the self belief required to win  when every external information source is telling you that not only you can't win, but that it is impossible for you or anyone else to ever win the league.  It becomes a self fulfilling prophesy.

I agree. 

Ironically enough, you see exactly the same thing in Celtic players when they play the big teams in the Champion's League. Guys who swagger around the park in matches against Hamilton, Partick and Aberdeen suddenly become frightened wee boys unable to hold onto the ball. 

They're beaten before they start. A bit like us against them.

I see that Sunderland sacked Grayson, after just 4 months.
Hopefully,  McInnes will be pleased and relieved that he made the right choice by staying here in favour of that bombscare of a club and will apply the same logic to his next decision.

I see that Sunderland sacked Grayson, after just 4 months.
Hopefully,  McInnes will be pleased and relieved that he made the right choice by staying here in favour of that bombscare of a club and will apply the same logic to his next decision.

That was my thought aswell. If he doesn't get sevco above us within a couple of months the orcs will be calling for his head.
I think he knows this and wont go. If he sticks around it's only a matter if time before an English championship club or even premier league club come calling. It's the smart option.